Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles

SQ awards can be booked online but SQ generally does does not release to its *A partners all routes or all cabins -- especially the more premium cases

Old information
================================================== ===========
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you an early heads up about an upcoming change to the Star partner award availability you see displayed online. Singapore Airlines and United have agreed to remove Singapore Airlines inventory from our award flight search results on united.com and on the United Mobile App. This will take effect starting tomorrow, December 13, You will still to be able to book and change award reservations involving Singapore Airlines by calling our reservations lines.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying questions, and Ill do my best to answer them.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
The fee for non-premier to book awards through the call center will NOT be waived as per:
Originally Posted by UA Insider
As most have you has suspected, unfortunately we're not waiving the booking fee. The simple reason--and this is a consistent policy across all airlines which are not yet online--is that there is substantial additional work required to price and ticket these awards in our contact centers.

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
This is currently the policy

Update: SQ's statement on the recent change:

Originally Posted by SQ
Each Star Alliance member carrier may choose how to fulfill such redemptions differently, which we have no influence over.

For example, some Star carriers may choose to allow their respective frequent flier programme members access to redemption online or offline, depending on their respective platforms.
Print Wikipost

Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
You can also book regional flights in F as well. I flew MNL-SIN yesterday in XF on a 773 with suites in F using UA miles.

Somehow the contents of a whole bottle of Dom disappeared during the flight . . .
If only one bottle disappeared then you must have slept for an hour or two.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
If only one bottle disappeared then you must have slept for an hour or two.
Yep. Pretty much after the bottle disappeared!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
You can also book regional flights in F as well. I flew MNL-SIN yesterday in XF on a 773 with suites in F using UA miles.

Somehow the contents of a whole bottle of Dom disappeared during the flight . . .
Did you find this on UA.com? Was it close-in or good planning? I am looking and see only C availability.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Madone59
Did you find this on UA.com? Was it close-in or good planning? I am looking and see only C availability.
Found it on KVS a couple of weeks out. Didn't check ua.com so don't know if it as there or not.

I was already in C. Just called UA and they moved me to F.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by FelixB
I have looked for award availabilty for SQ26/25 for a long time. While I've found FRA-SIN numerous times, never have I been able to find FRA-JFK. I wouldn't be surprised if UA blocked this flight, seeing that you are able to find it on ANA but not thru MP.
It's not blocked. I booked SQ JFK-FRA in C last year without a problem. Booked 4 months in advance.

That said, IME, SQ C is totally overrated.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by unavaca
It's not blocked. I booked SQ JFK-FRA in C last year without a problem. Booked 4 months in advance.
That was probably during the Great SQ Systems Changeover - it was open season
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
That was probably during the Great SQ Systems Changeover - it was open season
ahhh, a trip down memory lane
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:32 pm
LTH
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
So the award space also shows up on aeroplan, but the seat is still not bookable on UA. Can we now confirm that UA blocks SQ Y seats on their transoceanic flights?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:30 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Heads Up: SQ Awards Booked Through Reservations Starting 13-DEC-2013

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you an early heads up about an upcoming change to the Star partner award availability you see displayed online. Singapore Airlines and United have agreed to remove Singapore Airlines inventory from our award flight search results on united.com and on the United Mobile App. This will take effect starting tomorrow, December 13, You will still to be able to book and change award reservations involving Singapore Airlines by calling our reservations lines.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying questions, and Ill do my best to answer them.

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold
A change you'll like!
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Bawahahahaha.

Another reason SQ should be expunged from Star Alliance all together.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Get ready for the hold times!
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA G
Thanks for the heads up. Is SQ asking all *A partners to stop showing SQ availability online, or has this only happened with UA?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks Aaron for the heads up.

Originally Posted by hotelmotel
A change you'll like!
I'm not sure there's any grounds for criticizing UA here. SQ has always been a somewhat reluctant partner and is almost certainly the driver of this change.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:37 pm

OMG, that's a disaster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.