Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2024 GS Qualification spreadsheet and new easy complete Form!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Option #2 is an easy to complete Form!!: https://forms.gle/kiy5m2f5cNCkAtEe9

Print Wikipost

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 4:02 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Not following this at all?
I think LaserSailor point was that the numbers of GS have been significantly reduced on certain routes - the SFO - EWR route is typically GS heavy -- I can confirm the same to / from Tokyo -- but that could just be my flying patterns (mid week - upgraded Y to J mileage tickets)...
LaserSailor likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:30 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I think LaserSailor point was that the numbers of GS have been significantly reduced on certain routes - the SFO - EWR route is typically GS heavy -- I can confirm the same to / from Tokyo -- but that could just be my flying patterns (mid week - upgraded Y to J mileage tickets)...
sorry about the parallel topic , thanks for the cover E92

E83
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 5:13 am

Programs: UA 4.4MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I flew IAD-SFO on a 772 the other day, just one other GS did early boarding with me. Then SFO-TPE on a 773, again, just two of us pre-boarded, and confirmed by the purser when I was chatting with her.
SPN Lifer and uanj like this.
Old May 5, 2024, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by wxguy
I flew IAD-SFO on a 772 the other day, just one other GS did early boarding with me. Then SFO-TPE on a 773, again, just two of us pre-boarded, and confirmed by the purser when I was chatting with her.
1 GS on IAD-LHR flight last Tuesday‘s 10 pm flight.
Old May 5, 2024, 9:22 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Ah, I didn't follow through all the typos. I think sample size is pretty small here. On a recent DEN-EWR (mid-day wednesday - typical slower time) my companion was on an H fare and #14 on the upgrade list - purser confirmed 22 GS on the flight...
Old May 5, 2024, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Are the GS lounges in places like LAX lighter?
Old May 5, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Are the GS lounges in places like LAX lighter?
They've always been pretty quiet, so not sure that would be statistically significant. Nor is pre-boarding, which many GS don't seem to take advantage of preferring to cut things close or have extra lounge/work time.

That said, my general sense in 50+ flights this year so far is that the number of GS seems smaller and 1K seems higher...but that's totally unscientific.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 1:41 am

Programs: United Global Services, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Today, Monday May 5th, I'm the only GS NRT-IAH, confirmed by the GS agent working the flight.
SPN Lifer and ContinentalFan like this.
Old May 13, 2024, 11:27 pm

First year of proper flying for me. Looking at around 40k in spend, based out of small airport - BOI. Only issue here is that most of my domestic fares are in economy - typically B,M or E. I take a few intl J trips, but those are also Z or P. Any chance at all?
Old May 14, 2024, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyerMad27
First year of proper flying for me. Looking at around 40k in spend, based out of small airport - BOI. Only issue here is that most of my domestic fares are in economy - typically B,M or E. I take a few intl J trips, but those are also Z or P. Any chance at all?
Up until this year I would have said you might have a shot -- but UA seems to have massively elevated the spend required to achieve GS -- so I think $40k at BOI is not going to make the cut... The only shot would be if UA takes a look at this years GS ranks and decides that they cut too much -- but I wouldn't count on it...
SPN Lifer and ironmanjt like this.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 7:33 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, AA Exec Plat., Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
For those of you who have completed the GS challenge- how long does the challenge tracker take to update once you’ve hit the $18k threshold?
Old Jun 4, 2024, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by globetraveler
For those of you who have completed the GS challenge- how long does the challenge tracker take to update once you’ve hit the $18k threshold?
Less than an hour for me.
ContinentalFan and bmwe92fan like this.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Less than an hour for me.
Mine was overnight...
Old Jun 4, 2024, 8:17 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, AA Exec Plat., Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Mine was overnight...
thanks. Landed last night at 7pm but today at 7am still not updated.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by globetraveler
thanks. Landed last night at 7pm but today at 7am still not updated.
Hmm -- have the miles / spend been posted to your account? What does the status tracker show?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.