Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2024 GS Qualification spreadsheet and new easy complete Form!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Option #2 is an easy to complete Form!!: https://forms.gle/kiy5m2f5cNCkAtEe9

Print Wikipost

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:00 pm

Programs: United
I made it back after a few years away (new job, covid, etc). EWR based, 50.3k PQP and 28 PQF. Mostly business class to Europe, often short notice.
ContinentalFan and AugustusM like this.

Last edited by Kber; Jan 3, 2024 at 6:01 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Ambassador
Checked my app after a surprising upgrade for my Friday flight (this AM I was #5 on the list). Updated to GS.

>60k UA metal PQP
.52 CPM

1st time GS
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:18 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by eightblack
Yep I was upgraded today as well. Approx 65K net of all bonuses. First Year as GS.

I will now walk around in my underwear every morning, yelling "Its Good To Be The King" just to annoy my kids
Ah Simba...
eightblack likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hopefully more notifications to come, at around 64k net this year, still 1K
SPN Lifer and ContinentalFan like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:10 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Mine just updated. Check again!
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:17 pm

Mine updated also. 52K net with 54PQP.

Looks like a lot more invites have been sent out this year, than last.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:43 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by Lstyles
Was GS for about 5 years prior to Covid. Really no business travel at all during Covid and lost GS for 2023. This year one early in year business flight to London and now 3 business flights to EU/UK and 2 business flights to Asia in last 4 months. Will likely have an additional flight to EU in early January. All flights from SFO. 46K PQP but that will go up to about 49k once I fly home from EU tomorrow. Looks like I wont hear until January as I am not GS this year. Do you think I will qualify in January with evidence of bounce back at end of year (5 international business class trips)? I dont know how to calculate CPM.

Just checked my account and am GS again! Companion too as I got million miler status last month.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K; BR Gold
Just checked and no change so far. 1K since 2018. over $60k net UA spend ($68k total), but ~ $0.32 CPM. Going to be disappointed if I don't make the cut.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA GS
Checked the app today and I am back to GS for 2024
130 PQF / 79,598 PQP

Was GS in 2022, 1K in 2023

Last edited by steviebas; Jan 3, 2024 at 8:39 pm
Old Jan 3, 2024, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA GS & MM, *G, Hyatt Globalist
Just checked the UA app. Updated to GS.

76k total PQPs (68k on UA metal) = $0.83 CPM
38 PQFs

1st time GS (long time 1K). IAD home airport

No call or email received.

Last edited by dcjetsetter; Jan 3, 2024 at 9:10 pm
Old Jan 3, 2024, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by kaliuyang
I have been the MileagePlus member for almost 20 years but don't really use UA that often until last year (Yr22) when I relocated to US in Q4. So, I only barely got a gold from UA last year mainly due to the shorter time frame. However, this year (Yr23) I managed to clock 64K+ PQP via sub 50 PQF out from DFW. I am wondering if that is enough to make me a GS for 2024, if not, is there anything I can do before the mid of Jan when they announce the newly qualified GS? Tks.
1st time GS half day after I left this message, probably they got a spy here.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 10:19 pm

Programs: United GS, Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, IC Diamond Elite Amb
Just logged in and I am GS. 1st timer. Fun!

$63.5K PQP, 53 PQF. This includes the 2.5K bonus and some rewards flights and three non-UA metal. Only one economy the rest all Polaris and First mostly one-ways. Very few flights started at a hub. Main start points: Seattle, London, Brisbane, Cancun, Vegas.

So probably $55K from 40ish flights I would guess as the qualification. Also I spent $17K in the last two months of 2022 (and hit 1K) after switching back to UA. So if they look at the last 12-14 months of activity which I have read somewhere then that may also have helped. I also spent $10K+ on my partner's flights through my account which can't have hurt. All up around 75k-80K spend in the last 14 months.

I received a written note of thanks on a flight from MNL-SFO-LHR in mid Dec, thanking me for my loyalty. I broke through 50K PQP on that flight hitting around 57K at that point so it was either for that 50K milestone, or I had made the GS qualification then. Did others get a written note when they went through 50K? Or is it a December thing?
AugustusM likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by His Grace The Duke Of Twickenham
Just logged in and I am GS. 1st timer. Fun!

$63.5K PQP, 53 PQF. This includes the 2.5K bonus and some rewards flights and three non-UA metal. Only one economy the rest all Polaris and First mostly one-ways. Very few flights started at a hub. Main start points: Seattle, London, Brisbane, Cancun, Vegas.

So probably $55K from 40ish flights I would guess as the qualification. Also I spent $17K in the last two months of 2022 (and hit 1K) after switching back to UA. So if they look at the last 12-14 months of activity which I have read somewhere then that may also have helped. I also spent $10K+ on my partner's flights through my account which can't have hurt. All up around 75k-80K spend in the last 14 months.

I received a written note of thanks on a flight from MNL-SFO-LHR in mid Dec, thanking me for my loyalty. I broke through 50K PQP on that flight hitting around 57K at that point so it was either for that 50K milestone, or I had made the GS qualification then. Did others get a written note when they went through 50K? Or is it a December thing?
I doubt the flight note was due to any particular threshold. The passenger manifests (and now apps) show who is GS on the flight and depending on various factors the pilot or crew might acknowledge it in various ways. Ive received notes as well but no rhyme or reason
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:48 pm

Ho hum

Originally Posted by bagspacked
I doubt the flight note was due to any particular threshold. The passenger manifests (and now apps) show who is GS on the flight and depending on various factors the pilot or crew might acknowledge it in various ways. I’ve received notes as well but no rhyme or reason
Seem plenty notes from crew/pilots to 1K and GS over the years.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 4, 2024 at 12:07 am Reason: unneeded snarky removed
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Interesting that new invitations are being done about a week earlier in the month of January than previous years. As we know, late January is a "GS heavy" period as there are both the new GS invitees as well as those whose terms are coming to an end. So this "GS heavy" period is now closer to four weeks than just over two weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.