Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2024 GS Qualification spreadsheet and new easy complete Form!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Option #2 is an easy to complete Form!!: https://forms.gle/kiy5m2f5cNCkAtEe9

Print Wikipost

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Jun 4, 2024, 8:38 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, AA Exec Plat., Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Hmm -- have the miles / spend been posted to your account? What does the status tracker show?
PQPs have updated already, just not the tracker.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by globetraveler
PQPs have updated already, just not the tracker.
I'd give it another night -- if they posted after the evening sweep it could take another day -- I'm sure it will update shortly.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 12:29 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Up until this year I would have said you might have a shot -- but UA seems to have massively elevated the spend required to achieve GS -- so I think $40k at BOI is not going to make the cut... The only shot would be if UA takes a look at this years GS ranks and decides that they cut too much -- but I wouldn't count on it...
look at your RASM. If it’s 15 cpm, you are just a bunch of Y customer value , which at 95% loads, United knows it can replace

if you are 35 cpm, United will pretend to value you more, an even better metric which isn’t public is operating revenue gain available seat mile, which has multiple facets and several complicated incoming factors
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by LaserSailor; Jun 5, 2024 at 1:42 pm
Old Jun 17, 2024, 10:22 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Global Services, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum, National VIP Status
I just went to look at my GS 18k challenge progress and the tracker is no longer there...I've been very close for several weeks, between $1500-$800 away from meeting the challenge....I emailed GS last week and asked for an exemption to be granted GS based on my 27k PQP thus far and how close I have been for weeks to the 18K challenge requal. Anyone else no longer see their challenge tracker?
Old Jun 17, 2024, 10:47 am

Programs: United GS 2M
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
look at your RASM. If its 15 cpm, you are just a bunch of Y customer value , which at 95% loads, United knows it can replace

if you are 35 cpm, United will pretend to value you more, an even better metric which isnt public is operating revenue gain available seat mile, which has multiple facets and several complicated incoming factors
what cpm are most GS at? Im at like 85 cpm.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 11:21 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by Ohstewardess24
what cpm are most GS at? Im at like 85 cpm.
Roughly 65-70 cpm for my last paid qualifying year (2019) - and requalified for 2023+2024 via the challenge.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Just curious if CPM is an established matrix used by United in determining GS invite?

If it is used, it has be certain associated benchmarks being established, for example:
  • Minimum number of BIS flown
For example, if someone pays last min fare of $18K to fly Polaris from IAD to LHR roundtrip, this one trip will give you roughly $2.45 CPM. However this one trip won't earn GS. Would two trips do the trick?
  • Minimum $ spent on United Metals
Spending $50K on cheap Y fares probably won't earn GS, but would $36K (using example above) on two Polaris last minute fares work? Would 3 trips at $54K enough? or would 3 trips on United earn one GS status?

This is the Airlines that cannot even provide us with actual BIS per flight, so how likely it has a formula tracking thousand (if not millions) of flyers' CPM?

I am just curious and raising the question on the validity of CPM as a measurement for GS qualification. If it is indeed used, then what are the associated benchmarks?

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jun 17, 2024 at 12:16 pm
Old Jun 17, 2024, 11:57 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I am just curious and raising the question on the validity of CPM as a measurement for GAS qualification. If it is indeed used, then what are the associated benchmarks?
It's be raised before, and nobody knows. FT has a good deal of data to support the (previous) 50k minimum UA metal, but I've never seen back up the CPM assertion with any data. There are, however, plenty of people here who are convinced of it. You have to give UA credit - it's rather remarkable they've been able to keep the true requirements off the internet...
SPN Lifer, UA_Flyer, uanj and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
It's be raised before, and nobody knows. FT has a good deal of data to support the (previous) 50k minimum UA metal, but I've never seen back up the CPM assertion with any data. There are, however, plenty of people here who are convinced of it. You have to give UA credit - it's rather remarkable they've been able to keep the true requirements off the internet...
Given this year's attempted cull / inconsistent challenge offering / occasional silent reinstatement, I'm not sure UA themselves know what the true requirements are. 😵🤪
UA_Flyer, uanj, st530 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 1:05 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Just curious if CPM is an established matrix used by United in determining GS invite?....
Nope. "CPM" is nothing more than Flyertalk myth and lore. Over the years, there have been many examples of people achieving GS status with very low CPMs. I qualified for many years with CPM of 0.20 or below.
SPN Lifer, ironmanjt and UA_Flyer like this.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Nope. "CPM" is nothing more than Flyertalk myth and lore. Over the years, there have been many examples of people achieving GS status with very low CPMs. I qualified for many years with CPM of 0.20 or below.
That has been my view but I am happy to be corrected if CPM is proven to be a matrix used.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 2:10 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Total speculation on my part

There is probably a hard cap on number of GS invites per year. This can change due to things like corporate invites. We have no knowledge of this

each year, there are obvious drop outs and new players , huge spend AND RASM

remaining seats are then filled by renewals based on same, with caps on hub stations to prevent overloads.

this a total theory on my part but it does speak the Covid disruption when the number of GS fluxed

Old Jun 17, 2024, 10:06 pm

Is any consideration given for age when it comes to GS qualification? I am 24 and looking at 40-50k in spend out of a small airport this year.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerMad27
Is any consideration given for age when it comes to GS qualification? I am 24 and looking at 40-50k in spend out of a small airport this year.
Id wager to bet absolutely not. Age discrimination is illegal in the US.

If thats 50k on UA metal you might still stand a chance, but if its total PQP Id say its highly unlikely.
uanj likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyerMad27
Age is irrelevant...UAs revenue management system is completely agnostic. The only thing they care about is cash
SPN Lifer, ironmanjt and uanj like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.