Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQPs/PQFs in 2023 for Elite Status in 2024"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2023, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
How to get PQPs
- Take a flight -- UA or partner paid flight, UA operated award flight
- Increase the fare of an existing flight
- Purchase an cash or mileage(+copay) upgrade
- Purchase E+ subscription
- Purchase Premier Accelerator PQPs
- Credit card purchase PQPs
- Credit Card SUB PQPs

Consolidated Award / Premier Accelerator questions
UA/Star Alliance: 2023 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Is it worth it to stretch for 1K (over Plat/Gold)? [2023 Consolidated]

Resource threads
Mileage Run Discussion
Mileage Run Deals
Premium Fare Deals

Poor man's PQP/PQF run planner
Google Flights enter a starting airport, leave the destination blank, select airlines - Star Alliance, set travel days and max cost and view the Map for options. Try multiple dates.
kayak.com/explore has similar functionality
And now UA's Explore destinations

Related
Will UA Grant 2024 Elite Status if I am XXX PQP/PQFs Short of Qualifying in 2023?
Will UA Grant 2023 Elite Status if I am XXX PQP/PQFs Short of Qualifying in 2022?

Previous years' thread -
"I need XXX UA PQPs/PQFs in 2021 for Elite Status in 2022"
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQPs/PQFs in 2020 for Elite Status in 2021"
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQDs/PQMs/PQSs in 2019 for Elite Status in 2020"
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2018 for Elite Status in 2019"
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2017 for Elite Status in 2018
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2016 for Elite Status in 2017
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2015 for Elite Status in 2016
& [Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2014 for Elite Status in 2015
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2023, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

I definitely won't make 1K again for 2024 without a PQF (clearly the negative to a hub city). Is there any program to figure out a low cost round trip in one day with lots of stops
Old May 19, 2023, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA
Where are you starting from? Short spoke-hub-spoke flights usually work, so if on west coast, something like LAS-SFO-SAN, DFW-IAH-AUS in Texas, BOS-EWR-DCA on the east coast, etc...
Old May 19, 2023, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
mke-ord-ind
dsm-ord-mke
dtw-ord-mke

If you’re in the Midwest - plenty of other combos/triplets/multis circling thru ORD.

Last edited by tcdtcd; May 19, 2023 at 6:48 pm
Old May 19, 2023, 6:46 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
And remember that award flights on UA metal count for segments too (and you get PQDs at a penny a mile as well).
Old May 19, 2023, 6:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by distrips
I definitely won't make 1K again for 2024 without a PQF (clearly the negative to a hub city). Is there any program to figure out a low cost round trip in one day with lots of stops
How many PQFs do you want (in one day). Short hops (sub hour flight time) generally will mean UX although some are mainline; SFO-LAX, EWR-BOS, IAH-SAT, ....
Generally outstations fly only to hubs, so you need to use a hub as a focal point and then fly a series of RT spokes. Best to do on one ticket in case irroprs, especially it is most efficient to fly minimum connection times. You probably can do 8 or so segments in a day. Cheaper will probably mean booking a couple months in advance , These short segments are not cheap on a cpm basis.
You can fly thur an outstation to do hub-xxx-hub to add a little variety.

Time efficient and cost efficient may not come at the same time.
Old May 19, 2023, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Has anyone tried doing this with SDCs? My understanding is that you can technically buy a single leg and make it into unlimited segments if you have the patience and want the adventure. Could be kind of fun to try in a not too busy travel period (say midweek late fall)
Old May 19, 2023, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I booked a PQF run, SFO-LAX-SFO-LAS-LAX-SFO, but the accruals tab gives the message, “this itinerary includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit.” Not sure what the hangup could be but I don’t want to take the flights if they won’t qualify. The 1K line said it might be a glitch in the system but I’m not sure they would know.
Old May 19, 2023, 10:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cranky1K
I booked a PQF run, SFO-LAX-SFO-LAS-LAX-SFO, but the accruals tab gives the message, “this itinerary includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit.” Not sure what the hangup could be but I don’t want to take the flights if they won’t qualify. The 1K line said it might be a glitch in the system but I’m not sure they would know.
Not an unknown issue, but does not impact post-flight posting
Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary
vg247 likes this.
Old May 19, 2023, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Did you purchase any segments that are Basic? Those won't count for PQFs.

David
Old May 20, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Saver award Island hopper can get you 6 PQF for 27.5k.
Old May 20, 2023, 7:25 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
IAH-VCT, random date in June 5k miles or $106 non BE, same day turnaround. Yeah it's on the dreaded devils chariot, but short flight. Did 2 of those flights to get my Gold PQPs for 2022.
IAH-DFW, and IAH-AUS/SAT are all very expensive when compared, unless you also need PQPs.
Old May 20, 2023, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by fatlasercat
Has anyone tried doing this with SDCs? My understanding is that you can technically buy a single leg and make it into unlimited segments if you have the patience and want the adventure. Could be kind of fun to try in a not too busy travel period (say midweek late fall)
Hi, would you mind elaborating on how one might do this? Or point me to a resource that describes this? I'm intrigued. TIA.
Old May 20, 2023, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DELee
Did you purchase any segments that are Basic? Those won't count for PQFs.

David
Nope, not BE.
Old May 20, 2023, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope, not BE.
Then it is indeed a display error. Usually it coincides with having gone through schedule changes, in my experience.
Old May 20, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by fj1886
Hi, would you mind elaborating on how one might do this? Or point me to a resource that describes this? I'm intrigued. TIA.
I have never tried, but if I understand SDC rules correctly something like this:
Book SFO-LAS. Within 24 hrs SDC to SFO-LAX-LAS. Fly to LAX. Once at LAX, SDC to LAX-DEN-LAS. Rinse and repeat as long as you can find availability. Not sure if you can include the same airport twice, but even without that, you have a lot of options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.