Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "*A Lounge Options at NRT" Thread {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

Certainly the ANA lounge, at least the one at Satellite 5, is about all you could want. Spacious, great - but hidden - noodle bar, generally quiet (except for the odd American loudmouth - yes, it happened yesterday), great views one level up.

Just curious, do SQ, TG, or other Star carriers have accessible lounges?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
There is only the UA lounge and the 2 ANA lounges to choose from at NRT.

No other Star Alliance lounges to choose from (excepting their First Class versions operated by UA and ANA as well).
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
And take the person you like better to the ANA lounge. The ANA lounges are far, far superior.
The ANA Lounge (larger one near gate 50?, NRT experts please correct) is very nice. Noodle Bar, Good Food, Great Beer Machine and most of all. The 5 or so Traditional (I think) Sake Dispensers in the alcove in the back is very nice. You use tea cup size cups to tatse (self serve) Hands down better than the UA Club. But the sushi at UA is not bad.. Just lots of people. Come to think about it ANA is not that chill either.. But fun! Safe Travels
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
The ANA Lounge (larger one near gate 50?, NRT experts please correct) is very nice. Noodle Bar, Good Food, Great Beer Machine and most of all. The 5 or so Traditional (I think) Sake Dispensers in the alcove in the back is very nice. You use tea cup size cups to tatse (self serve) Hands down better than the UA Club. But the sushi at UA is not bad.. Just lots of people. Come to think about it ANA is not that chill either.. But fun! Safe Travels
Very accurate description. I went to both lounges a week ago and the UA Club sushi was superior to ANA Lounge sushi. A line forms whenever the attendants bring out a tray of sushi at UA Club. ANA Lounge was more comfortable and not crowded. UA Club was jam packed.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
I like the little finger sandwiches at the ANA club. I can eat about a dozen of those things! And the sake bar is fantastic.

Sushi at the UA club is good but selection is very limited to just a couple of similar tasting rolls. No nigiri at all

There's a very good full-service sushi bar in the NRT main terminal outside security (on the top level where all the shops are and near the outside viewing area). A bit expensive but not bad for airport prices.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by mrswirl
I like the little finger sandwiches at the ANA club. I can eat about a dozen of those things! And the sake bar is fantastic.

Sushi at the UA club is good but selection is very limited to just a couple of similar tasting rolls. No nigiri at all

There's a very good full-service sushi bar in the NRT main terminal outside security (on the top level where all the shops are and near the outside viewing area). A bit expensive but not bad for airport prices.
Completely agree - and if you are a sushi lover just don't east the sushi in the tokyo area on Sunday - it's just not as fresh....

Originally Posted by mrswirl

All - just a word of warning - when you enter the clubs at NRT they now stamp your BP (especially UA) - and you are not allowed into more than one club at NRT - ask me how I found this out....

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 25, 2015 at 3:22 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
All - just a word of warning - when you enter the clubs at NRT they now stamp your BP (especially UA) - and you are not allowed into more than one club at NRT - ask me how I found this out....
I've never had a problem visiting both the NH and UA lounges, whether my BP was stamped or not.

So... how did you find out?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: United Gold
I've never had a problem club hopping at NRT (once I visited them all), but if this is new policy I would just lose my stamped BP and ask for another one from the customer service center
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
I have never had that problem before, but 99% of the time I just go to the NH lounge. Maybe UA is trying to make up a new policy to save a few bucks?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
i only visit the ANA lounge now... apart from the lackluster food offerings at the overheated UA lounge, there is also the relentless clickety-clack of wheels on the tile floor. and, often, it's crowded beyond reason, while there's plenty of room at ANA. and my flights to MNL often leave from a gate closer to the ANA lounge.

there is one reason to visit the UA lounge, though; apparently they have started offering very special services to their most frequent flyers... i saw a sign there recently that said "hot soup is available in behind."
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by kluau88
I have never had that problem before, but 99% of the time I just go to the NH lounge. Maybe UA is trying to make up a new policy to save a few bucks?
No new policy, and they didn't just start this now or recently, they had done this for a few years already. In a matter of fact, PMUA did this for a while too, I think I still had a PMUA boarding pass with a PMUA tulip stamp on it from NRT RCC.

Stamp or no stamp is totally irrelevant, just the same as TG issue lounge invite for NH F lounge at NRT when you fly TG F out of NRT. Does that means I can only use NH F lounge but not UA F lounge ? Absolutely NOT !
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:47 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I lounge hopped last year when I was flying on Delta; they insisted on stamping my DL boarding pass when I visited the United Club.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
From my experience and recollection, I believe they stamp the BP to allow for easier re-entry into the lounge if you step outside.

I have not had any difficulty accessing other lounges after having my BP stamped.

In fact, in the former thread on NRT lounges, it was pretty much common advice to visit the United Club for a shower, then head to ANA lounge for eats and drinks.

Sounds more like an isolated agent issue then a policy.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by goodeats21
In fact, in the former thread on NRT lounges, it was pretty much common advice to visit the United Club for a shower, then head to ANA lounge for eats and drinks.
This is the way to use the lounges IMHO.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
I highly recommend this ANA lounge as well, though for Sushi, I'd skip both.

The tuna course at the sushi bar between the UA lounge and the ANA lounge is my recommendation. Roughly $40, plus cost of beer and any other nice selections of sushi which catch your eye. Worth every penny.

Added bonus for those smokers, the ANA lounge has a smoking room. I've never known it to smell outside the room, and it's well to the side (back behind the Sake area) so should be no concern for those who are averse to the smell of smoke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.