Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

* Gold International Lounge Access With More Than One Guest?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club

Hi all!

I have a trip with UA coming up that has a layover at NRT. I am UA Platinum/Star Alliance Gold and am traveling with two people who have no airline status. One person in the party booked on their own, the other booked with me.

I know you are allowed to bring one guest with you into the lounge when traveling internationally. My question is, would my status be extended to the one person on my reservation? If so, I can use my one guest for the other person who booked on their own. My other option would to use a one time pass I have so we can all get into the lounge.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 25, 2015 at 9:41 am Reason: vague thread title
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:49 am

To my knowledge, one guest means one guest. They need a boarding pass but it doesn't matter if they are linked on your res or not. So you could guest in the person on your res, or the other person.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Use the pass or leave one outside. Your status vis a vis lounge access does not extend to others on the same PNR.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
The lounge is not that great. It gets really, really crowded, too. The food is awful. I don't drink on layovers (having had enough on the plane). You might be able to find someone to guest your extra guest in. (I do that if someone in line ahead of me is being turned away).

Lots of time, instead of the lounge, I'll head down the corridor that goes towards the McDonalds. There's a nice seating area which is generally quiet. It has free wifi, but I've never been able to log in since it's in Japanese.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!

I also have Priority Pass Select through Amex which works for the KAL lounge, but I'm pretty sure that's 29 per guest, which is not bad.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 25, 2015 at 9:41 am Reason: merge
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Send one to United Club with your one time pass. Take the other travel companion to one of the ANA Lounges.

Use free WiFi in the lounges to coordinate your moves.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Neil35
Send one to United Club with your one time pass. Take the other travel companion to one of the ANA Lounges.
And take the person you like better to the ANA lounge. The ANA lounges are far, far superior.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:04 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
FYI, I've moved a line of discussion regarding the lounge options at NRT to the following thread as it was not topical to this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-2015-a.html

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:19 pm
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by JHake10
Thanks for the info!

I also have Priority Pass Select through Amex which works for the KAL lounge, but I'm pretty sure that's 29 per guest, which is not bad.
I have been to the KAL lounge - it is pretty bad, not worth the 29 IMHO, but maybe better then no lounge at all for one of the party.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:19 pm
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
And take the person you like better to the ANA lounge. The ANA lounges are far, far superior.
I agree on this point
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stephenk19
I have been to the KAL lounge - it is pretty bad, not worth the 29 IMHO, but maybe better then no lounge at all for one of the party.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
But in general, what is the policy of the *G Lounges regarding this? My family is 5 people. I am 1MM, so when we all would travel internationally, both my wife and I are allowed one guest - but what do we do with the third kid? Would the lounge allow us to pay for their admission?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by compwhiz
But in general, what is the policy of the *G Lounges regarding this? My family is 5 people. I am 1MM, so when we all would travel internationally, both my wife and I are allowed one guest - but what do we do with the third kid? Would the lounge allow us to pay for their admission?
Depends on the lounge and how strictly it chooses to follow the rules. Some will allow the kids, some will count them as guests. Some allow payment for extra guests, some do not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.