Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus IT Upgrade - 15-16 Oct 2022 -- Multi issues / broken functionality

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MileagePlus IT Upgrade - 15-16 Oct 2022 -- Multi issues / broken functionality

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by random.parts
I dunno what they are changing but if migrating from a legacy system on United’s scale that they feel needs downtime, so many things can go wrong - especially since the change may still have to interact with other legacy systems - good luck to them though.
Having spent my entire career around systems an order of magnitude larger than United's, I feel their pain. I wish more folks understood just how complex changes and upgrades are in this kind of environment. In theory, sure, you can just flip a switch. But it's almost never that easy, that seamless, or that painless. You're spot on -- there's so many things that can go wrong. All the testing and coordination in the world sometimes isn't enough.

Integrating bleeding edge technology with legacy JCL code running on mainframes (both in the airline industry as well as my industry) -- well, that's sure a challenge. And only one of the smaller ones.
jsloan, SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and 5 others like this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Such negativity on upgrades - UA is continually upgrading the mobile app and, in my opinion, keep enhancing what is already a best in class app.
Well, the last "upgrade" to the app causes it to freeze for like 10 seconds everytime I open it. I hope this IT upgrade works out better.
Xyzzy, tromer, leoo and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
and the whole website is screwed, ha.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: UA
Is the work finished? I was just able to log in successfully to my account.
VRFast likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:37 am

Nothing looks different. Can’t wait for the sleuths to detect and report here. :-)
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Having spent my entire career around systems an order of magnitude larger than United's, I feel their pain. I wish more folks understood just how complex changes and upgrades are in this kind of environment. In theory, sure, you can just flip a switch. But it's almost never that easy, that seamless, or that painless. You're spot on -- there's so many things that can go wrong. All the testing and coordination in the world sometimes isn't enough.

Integrating bleeding edge technology with legacy JCL code running on mainframes (both in the airline industry as well as my industry) -- well, that's sure a challenge. And only one of the smaller ones.
Healthcare?
RockinRon likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:51 am

I was in the air when the upgrade started. Landed about 10 hours ago and upgrade should be ended by now. No points or record of activity yet but I expect that they will.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM+, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, & Hertz PC
Not all fixed yet.... It won't keep logged in, keeps returning to home page when searching, plus the dreaded Access Denied (see stickies on Expert Mode/award travel search). App seems fine for now.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:13 am

On .com, I’m still able to manage reservations even after logging out of my account. That ain’t good.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA
Looks like they fixed the security question bug(?)
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Nothing looks different. Can’t wait for the sleuths to detect and report here. :-)
Maybe that's a good sign
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Should we start a new thread? United IT issues with IT improvement of Oct 22
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
One thing they didn’t fix....still no expert mode on website....
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by Peter Snijder
Looks like they fixed the security question bug(?)
That bug was fixed before the IT “upgrade” started.

It doesn’t seem to me anything has changed so far.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by blug
That bug was fixed before the IT “upgrade” started.

It doesn’t seem to me anything has changed so far.
UA has eliminated website ability of searching PZ/PN under PP upgrade through this IT "upgrade"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.