Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus IT Upgrade - 15-16 Oct 2022 -- Multi issues / broken functionality

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MileagePlus IT Upgrade - 15-16 Oct 2022 -- Multi issues / broken functionality

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:28 am
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
Trying to search for flights from EWR to ORD over the past hour and the website just tells me I need to reenter a valid airport/city.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I'm unable to change an upcoming flight. After I modify the date and click search it sends me back to united.com 🤷🏼‍♂️
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by EWR764
What kind of update was this??? United's system has been in a state of disarray for days now... problems booking, changing, canceling, viewing Expert Mode, viewing reservations, mileage credit, logging in... what else?
UA IT update is a joke, indeed.
higher_flyer and Starbase 1K like this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: UA
I haven't had any issues with changing flights and mileage credit, at least, and no problems with logging in. Expert Mode has generally been working for me on my phone, save for one flight where the only fare bucket that showed was Q1, and I did get an email saying that I had a schedule change when no schedule change had occurred.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Every time I try to log into MileagePlus Shopping now, it comes back with a "you have been logged out" message. Very strange, and wonder if related to this.
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
Has anyone been able to log in to the shopping portal yet? I was hoping that it would be fixed by now, but it logs me out every time.
Nope. Still same issue for me today.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:19 am

I hate to say it but UA IT/Engineering has been underperforming lately. New issues arise on web and in app. Many old issues continue.

Does it seem to anyone else that their directors are acting a bit tired?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
UA just tried to charge me $52 for E+ seat on ORD-YYZ, luckily I checked the cost breakdown before I press purchase button. I mean, what is this?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by gokeeper
UA just tried to charge me $52 for E+ seat on ORD-YYZ, luckily I checked the cost breakdown before I press purchase button. I mean, what is this?
I had that too recently. I didn't notice it until I'd gotten to over $500 worth of E+ charges whereupon I had to go back and select E- seats to get it to just let me ticket without paying for seats. I then went back and selected E+ after it ticketed.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
If anyone from UA is lurking on this thread, the site is also charging me for E+ seat (as a 1k) when I use advanced search and search for +Points upgrades and select the flight through there. It's not charging me for selecting an E+ seat when I book the normal way, without looking for +Points availability.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Just adding a couple more data points to the mix fwiw . . . I've been monitoring this thread, and while I have been on the United website daily since the upgrade have not been affected by any of the kind of post-upgrade problems reported above, until today. My issue is that I have an (international, award) itinerary on hold via FareLock, but I am unable to pull it up via "My Trips" on the website. The trip is showing, but when I click on view/manage itinerary I just get a blank page. By contrast, the details of the domestic, non-FareLocked trip are viewable. In a possibly related (and more concerning) development, I am able to pull up the international award trip via the app, and it is now suddenly showing that one of the segments is suddenly "unavailable", despite having been FareLocked. Sigh.

Edited to add: it now appears that the "unavailable" segment is due to a change of flight number, and that we have in fact been confirmed on the new flight, which is encouraging. But still can't pull up or finalize this purchase on the website.

Last edited by ZenFlyer; Oct 20, 2022 at 12:59 pm
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
(1K) Being charged for e+ seat selection?

Did I miss a memo somewhere?

Trying to book CLE-ORD-HND, I'm being quoted a charge for E+ seats on each leg. This isn't a basic economy ticket, this is right from United.Com. I've logged out/logged in, and it still shows. I even tried picking a more expensive economy fare ticket and it is still quoting me E+ seating charges.

Fare basis KKW8XSXK
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Thanks for using UA.bomb, better luck next time!
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by BThumme
Did I miss a memo somewhere?

Trying to book CLE-ORD-HND, I'm being quoted a charge for E+ seats on each leg. This isn't a basic economy ticket, this is right from United.Com. I've logged out/logged in, and it still shows. I even tried picking a more expensive economy fare ticket and it is still quoting me E+ seating charges.

Fare basis KKW8XSXK
How far through the booking process have you gone?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
How far through the booking process have you gone?
To payment screen, where it shows the seat charges.

Also update - no charge when I try to book this on the UA app on mobile, so it appears (for me) to just be impacting the website. Maybe someone else can confirm it's a website issue and not just me at the moment?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I had this issue as well while trying to book an international ticket earlier this week. Was charging me for E+ on the outbound but not on the return. Called in and booked the ticket through the 1K desk. I assume if I had booked with non E+ seats and then went back to change them later that that would have worked as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.