Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For domestic flight issues, use

Information resources:
UA Flight Status
FlightAware / Flightstats (flight details)
Cancelled Flights (FlightAware)
Diverted Flights

Previous international delayed / cancelled report threads
Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2021)
Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2020)
Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2019)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2018)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
[email protected], response in 30 business days
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
I spoke to a baggage agent (after 1hr20m on hold) and, believe it or not, their baggage made it onto the plane.

I have made a reservation at a BW Plus near the airport for their overnight for $240. Hopefully UA or the travel insurance will cover it.

UA are doing a pretty good job so far. Let's hope they're quick to pay EC261!
I was going to say make sure she has the app and she can see her luggage status.

ETA: And under similar circumstances UA paid out EC261 very quickly for me, albeit pre-covid.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Why did they accept a room voucher when you had already booked something?
I gave the missus an option - get a voucher or use the room i booked. I didnt actually think she'd go to the hassle of getting a voucher. Live and learn. Next time i wont interfere.

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I was going to say make sure she has the app and she can see her luggage status.

ETA: And under similar circumstances UA paid out EC261 very quickly for me, albeit pre-covid.
Excellent. Thanks for the info!
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
I gave the missus an option - get a voucher or use the room i booked. I didnt actually think she'd go to the hassle of getting a voucher. Live and learn. Next time i wont interfere.
Just ask first next time. And now she too has a better handle on IRROPS UA style. Goodness all around.

David
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA 415 788 MXP-ORD cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA 187 789 JNB-EWR cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Not a delay or cancellation...but a strange posting about leaving a lot of pax behind at MUC today on UA761. Anyone know what happened? Sounds strange.

40+ People Left In Munich : unitedairlines (reddit.com)

From the post: On flight UA 761 40-60 people got to the gate between 3:30 and 3:50 (Boarding started at 3:15 and was supposed to end at 3:50) and were denied access to the plane that was still attached to the airport. They let in 2 people with Global and denied every other person including other Global members and Business/Polaris class customers. They had everyone go to the service center and they claimed that we can go board but after the 40-60 people ran back to the gate they denied access again. They wouldn’t let people take pictures of anything happening because they were security and the people who called global and told the United airlines flight to stay was ignored. There is a line of all of these people at the service center currently because no flights are available for days.Edit: Just to clarify—58 Seats were empty on the plane and they stopped boarding at 3:30 despite departing at 4:27. Between those times 2 people were allowed onto the plane out of the crowd of 40-60 people and they were chosen by the only United representative there. Lufthansa will not pay for any lodging and no flights today are available.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:49 pm

UA122 7/19 diversion to YYT

I saw that UA122 (the daytime IAD-LHR TATL on a 757 was diverted to St. John's NF today and then continued onto LHR about an hour and a half after landing. The UA flight status says "Diverted to St. John's, NF, CA (YYT) (Flight preparation)". Flightaware seems to show that shortly after it started heading out over the water from NL, it made several turns and then landed, and that when it took off again, it took an unusually northerly route over Greenland. Any way to find out what happened?

Last edited by yonatan; Jul 19, 2022 at 7:58 pm
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by yonatan
I saw that UA122 (the daytime IAD-LHR TATL on a 757 was diverted to St. John's NF today and then continued onto LHR about an hour and a half after landing. The UA flight status says "Diverted to St. John's, NF, CA (YYT) (Flight preparation)". Flightaware seems to show that shortly after it started heading out over the water from NL, it made several turns and then landed, and that when it took off again, it took an unusually northerly route over Greenland. Any way to find out what happened?
My guess is medical diversion. Can't think of a different reason that would cause the plane to turn back then continue to fly the TATL leg still. As for the routing - probably had an overweight landing given it was only 1/3 of way into planned flight time, and unless they had someone to inspect it in St. John's it couldn't continue an ETOPS routing. New routing appears to be consistent w/ non-ETOPS
ContinentalFan and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:17 pm

I always thought stephenville is in TX and there is no way that 777 can land there!

Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by UAFAM
I always thought stephenville is in TX and there is no way that 777 can land there!

Looks to be Stephenville CA (YJT) and it was the originally assigned bird flying CDG-EWR that diverted - it was scheduled to operate the EWR-SFO leg once they got into EWR, but they swapped the plane out for the EWR SFO flight due to the diversion.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...120Z/LFPG/CYJT
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Quite the journey for UA55, first the unscheduled stop at YJT, then another one at BOS, and now finally on its way to the original destination at EWR well after midnight.
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Quite the journey for UA55, first the unscheduled stop at YJT, then another one at BOS, and now finally on its way to the original destination at EWR well after midnight.
I just met someone in the Polaris lounge that was inbound on that flight trying to get home to Indianapolis -- they spent the night in the airport and entered the Polaris lounge when it opened -- it was a medical diversion and they've been awake for 30 hours -- they both just ordered double vodka soda's at 6:15am lol....
cesco.g likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I just met someone in the Polaris lounge that was inbound on that flight trying to get home to Indianapolis -- they spent the night in the airport and entered the Polaris lounge when it opened -- it was a medical diversion and they've been awake for 30 hours -- they both just ordered double vodka soda's at 6:15am lol....
Valid choice

Anyone know the reason for the BOS stop? Was it necessitated to process pax through immigration and customs? Flight arrived in E and departed from B.

It looks like UA didn't sub in another aircraft, and just used the same one which landed at EWR at 1:25am to go back to CDG, and departed at 4:03am, and now today's inbound from CDG is already 4 hours+ late due to the knock-on effect.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Anyone know the reason for the BOS stop? Was it necessitated to process pax through immigration and customs? Flight arrived in E and departed from B.
Crew swap to avoid time out? Or maybe needed fuel needed if they coudln't do it at YJT? Once they decided to stop, I'm assuming they decided to clear customs because BOS is a decent point to also offload some passengers to get them on rerouted flights to their final destination, though CBP could have also required it
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K
EWR-FCO cancellation 7/22

UA cancelled 510 EWR-FCO on 7/22 after a lengthy delay for mechanical issues. The next day, they flew this route three times instead of two- adding what seems like UA 3025 into the schedule. Was this flight added to accomodate (and basically just move 1-1 all passengers from the 7/22 flight), or was this something else?

Reason I ask is that we're travelling on 510 and if there's weather or any other problems we're worried it might excacerbate the brutal situation at EWR these days (worried might be wrong term..."definitely certain" is probably more apt). In situations where they cancel a large international flight, is this something that is often done? Assuming they have issues on the other end in FCO as well getting passengers back to EWR.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:58 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gold23
UA cancelled 510 EWR-FCO on 7/22 after a lengthy delay for mechanical issues. The next day, they flew this route three times instead of two- adding what seems like UA 3025 into the schedule. Was this flight added to accommodate (and basically just move 1-1 all passengers from the 7/22 flight), or was this something else?...
Yes, UA3025 was an irrops recover flight number and is a common approach to cancelling a flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.