Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Are You Satisfied w/ UA's 2021 (+Jan 2022) PlusPoints upgrade program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Are You Satisfied w/ UA's 2021 (+Jan 2022) PlusPoints upgrade program?
Yes, I'm satisfied and used 100% of my PlusPoints
12.87%
Yes, I'm satisfied and used at least 75% but less than 100% of my PlusPoints.
9.90%
Yes, I'm satisfied and used at least 50% but less than 75% of my PlusPoints.
6.93%
Yes, I'm satisfied and used at least 25% but less than 50% of my PlusPoint
8.91%
Yes, I'm satisfied and used less than 25% of my PlusPoints.
7.92%
No, I'm not satisfied and used 100% of my PlusPoints.
1.98%
No, I'm not satisfied and used at least 75% but less than 100% of my PlusPoints
0%
No, I'm not satisfied and used at least 50% but less than 75% of my PlusPoints.
2.97%
No, I'm not satisfied and used at least 25% but less than 50% of my PlusPoints.
11.88%
No, I'm not satisfied and used less than 25% of my PlusPoints
36.63%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 6, 2022, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Are You Satisfied w/ UA's 2021 (+Jan 2022) PlusPoints upgrade program?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hyatt-ist, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Again, you are blaming the so called "low spender 1K", but omit the high % of paid upgraders, and UA's lower fare pricing strategy.

There were more than one occasion where my position on the UG list never moved despite having 20+ available J seats after check-in - many upgrade takers.

In a year (2021) where overall travel was down (vs. 2019 for example), fewer elites were traveling, yet PPs were more difficult to use.
This is the source of my dissatisfaction with the PP upgrade program – holding back upgrade space availability for sale rather than making it available in advance. I am not willing to risk the chance of having to fly in Y so will only book trips using PP where the upgrade is confirmable at booking, which have been few and far between originating from an elite-heavy hub city. Thus, I usually buy a J cabin fare, rendering PP worthless to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.