Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GoldTrack Security Access with Guests at SFO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus 1K, Marrott Gold, HHonors Silver, Hertz 5Star, TSA Pre

I'm traveling with 3 coworkers tomorrow on a UA flight out of SFO and none of my colleagues has Precheck (the horror!). Being that I'm currently MileagePlus Platinum, the GoldTrack lane is also available. I'm curious if anyone has had success bringing guests through the priority security GoldTrack lane? I've tried looking this up myself but nothing I can find online talks about whether you can bring guests through the line.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
First I have heard of the Star Alliance Gold Track Lane. I don't see anything on the Star Alliance site that indicates whether or not *A Gold members can bring guests through that lane, so I would guess that unless those "guests" are *A Gold too, that they would potentially be denied access the benefit of this lane.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ekwang
First I have heard of the Star Alliance Gold Track Lane...
Maybe there''s one at int'l terminal. Don't recall seeing dedicated lane at main security area.
freeagent likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't recall seeing a gold track lane at either domestic or international.

When there are gold track / premium lanes at airports, I have never had an issue bringing a guest, unless it's one of the European airports where passengers have to scan their boarding passes individually at a turnstile for access.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Maybe there''s one at int'l terminal. Don't recall seeing dedicated lane at main security area.
gold track is basically just an alliance-branded version of priority security, kind of like Skyteam branded priority services (forget what it’s called). I’m not sure if many/any US airports use the Gold Track branding, but essentially, any Of UAs priority security lines are in essence, Gold Track.

whether guests can come through traveling with, but on a separate PNR, as the premier member I’m not sure.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
I’ve used the London one when it was open (was not the last time) with a minor child who did not have *Gold. There was a person at a desk in addition to the automatic gates so we went that way. The benefit seemed marginal compared to regular security. There was no TSA equivalent there just security screening.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by rather_be_on_a_griffin
I’ve used the London one when it was open (was not the last time) with a minor child who did not have *Gold. There was a person at a desk in addition to the automatic gates so we went that way. The benefit seemed marginal compared to regular security. There was no TSA equivalent there just security screening.
The benefit (meaning people in line and ensuing processing time) could very well vary exponentially 5 minutes later.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Originally Posted by Doppy
I don't recall seeing a gold track lane at either domestic or international.
All security checkpoints at SFO have priority lanes.
AirbusFan2B and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by Kacee
All security checkpoints at SFO have priority lanes.
Do they still have them? Since covid I don't think I've seen the old priority lane markers they used to have. I haven't openly looked for them, but if memory serves they haven't had the priority lanes marked out.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by freeagent
Do they still have them? Since covid I don't think I've seen the old priority lane markers they used to have. I haven't openly looked for them, but if memory serves they haven't had the priority lanes marked out.
SFO website says so. SFO - Security. I'll look for them specifically later this week when I go through.
freeagent likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Meh, when I travel with guests on a “goldTrack” or priority lane whatever y’all call it, I usually walk in, and let them know I’m flying with them, most of the time they won’t care. Ofc this is all based on the judgement of the person checking
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
SFO used to have a Gold Track lane.

Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Not seen this lane at IAH, however, the *A website says it's there in all terminals. Is this lane the same as the Premier Access lane, which Silver and up already have access to?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by VRFast
Not seen this lane at IAH, however, the *A website says it's there in all terminals. Is this lane the same as the Premier Access lane, which Silver and up already have access to?
Yes. They call same concept "GoldTrack" in Europe (where it is often a truly meaningful benefit, unlike here, where Pre and Clear are much more valuable).
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:40 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by itripreport
Meh, when I travel with guests on a “goldTrack” or priority lane whatever y’all call it, I usually walk in, and let them know I’m flying with them, most of the time they won’t care. Ofc this is all based on the judgement of the person checking
This - same with getting your companions to board at an earlier zone.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes. They call same concept "GoldTrack" in Europe (where it is often a truly meaningful benefit, unlike here, where Pre and Clear are much more valuable).

There are Gold Track signage in the US, but basically the same lane as Premier Access, with additional branding. As emcampbe had already pointed out:

Originally Posted by emcampbe
gold track is basically just an alliance-branded version of priority security, kind of like Skyteam branded priority services (forget what it’s called). I’m not sure if many/any US airports use the Gold Track branding, but essentially, any Of UAs priority security lines are in essence, Gold Track.

whether guests can come through traveling with, but on a separate PNR, as the premier member I’m not sure.
Agreeing that the Premier Access is just to bypass the general line, but you still need deal with the regular TSA screening vs. PreCheck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.