Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United 2023 Qualifying Requirements (first The Points Guy, now UA.com)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
From: https://mileageplusupdates.com/mileageplus/english/qualification/

Print Wikipost

United 2023 Qualifying Requirements (first The Points Guy, now UA.com)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by exp
I'm hoping by April or so, it will be similar to this past summer.

Some experts are predicting that Omicron could peak in Europe and North America by the end of January and then the cases will drop as quickly as it rose, so you wouldn't have these high case numbers, hospitalizations and deaths by the end of February, start of March.

Before Omicron, some were predicting a mild winter. But even if Omicron hadn't shown up, Delta was ripping through by early November.
Given that humans on this planet will have to continue to deal with COVID-19 and its mutations for years to come, those who intend to earn 2023 elite status on United and other airlines in 2022 should continue to remain flexible and not bank on one or more strains/variations to peak/burnout/etc. in time for their planned trip(s).

David
SPN Lifer and DJ_Iceman like this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 7:05 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by DELee
Given that humans on this planet will have to continue to deal with COVID-19 and its mutations for years to come, those who intend to earn 2023 elite status on United and other airlines in 2022 should continue to remain flexible and not bank on one or more strains/variations to peak/burnout/etc. in time for their planned trip(s).

David

Well I haven't booked anything for next year yet.

I almost did a couple of weeks ago but held off. Good fares too.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Most likely 2023. I think we'll lose most of 2022 due to COVID.
Wasnt that the conventional wisdom in '21... "things will recover in '21"... :-)
Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I am aiming for back-to-back 200K flown miles. I really enjoyed the less than full flights last year and earlier this year
JNelson113, SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
UA can announce their levels whenever they want, latest end of January 2022 probably. As for the levels, I'm guessing they'll not go below the 3.5/7/10/15k PQP's for 2023-qualification, and they can always raise them in 2023 if the (swelled ranks) used too much perks cutting into the bottom line (because _that's_ what they measure by, not the number of folks).

As they extrapolate how 2022 goes, they can offer (targeted) promotions, but they'll also have to deal with folks being unable to choose UA simply due to UA's own operational problems/restrictions. As for COVID-19 impact, flu-season will see slumps/setbacks in demand (vs non-flu-season) until the pandemic enters a much more endemic phase _worldwide_. Lots of sectors will have re-evaluated the needs for and risks of high-frequency business travel, but the full effect won't be clear to businesses, airlines and frequent flyers till we're in 2023/2024 is my guess.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jupper
UA can announce their levels whenever they want, latest end of January 2022 probably. As for the levels, I'm guessing they'll not go below the 3.5/7/10/15k PQP's for 2023-qualification, and they can always raise them in 2023 if the (swelled ranks) used too much perks cutting into the bottom line (because _that's_ what they measure by, not the number of folks).

As they extrapolate how 2022 goes, they can offer (targeted) promotions, but they'll also have to deal with folks being unable to choose UA simply due to UA's own operational problems/restrictions. As for COVID-19 impact, flu-season will see slumps/setbacks in demand (vs non-flu-season) until the pandemic enters a much more endemic phase _worldwide_. Lots of sectors will have re-evaluated the needs for and risks of high-frequency business travel, but the full effect won't be clear to businesses, airlines and frequent flyers till we're in 2023/2024 is my guess.
I think UA announced 2021 levels in early January. I am expecting them to do the same in 2022.
SPN Lifer and UASleeper like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I really enjoyed the less than full flights last year and earlier this year
That must have been nice. I wasn’t willing to take the risk on flights until long after I was vaccinated. Only flew a few times in Sept, Oct & Nov this year. EVERY flight was packed!
stopdiabetes likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
But you made it to this point, still healthy and ready to fly!
renila likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I am aiming for back-to-back 200K flown miles. I really enjoyed the less than full flights last year and earlier this year
Originally Posted by stopdiabetes
But you made it to this point, still healthy and ready to fly!
The problem with the above responses is that very few of us who develop morbidity or mortality from the virus (for most part) participate in this discussion for obvious reasons.

There probably are frequent flyers who traveled 100K miles last year without issue but on that last 500 mile trip contracted the disease and dropped out of this conversation (maybe for good )

This subsequently skews our observations that travel is safe since the only people we are tracking on this thread are those that traveled and didn't get sick (or worse).

We have a numerator, but no denominator.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:02 am

I didn't see anything posted about this but the 2023 qualifications that TPG provided is now confirmed at MileagePlus Updates. The only difference from last year is that they aren't providing the 25% boost based on last year's qualifications.

Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by edcho
I didn't see anything posted about this but the 2023 qualifications that TPG provided is now confirmed at MileagePlus Updates. The only difference from last year is that they aren't providing the 25% boost based on last year's qualifications.

shall we take bets if this looks the same on 12/31/22? Hoping it gets reduced again! With Omicron swarming, I forsee another year of very depressed business travel for most people.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
2022 requirements quietly posted

They changed the language to THROUGH 2022

We’re making it easier to reach Premier status

We know you still might not be traveling as much as you used to, which is why we’re taking steps to make it easier to reach Premier status through 2022.

You’ll still need to fly a minimum of 4 flight segments on United or United Express® to qualify for Premier status, but here’s a breakdown of the other requirements:2022 Premier statusPremier qualifying flights (PQF) and Premier qualifying points (PQP)bOr PQP only
Premier Silver 8 PQF + 3,000 PQP or 3,500 PQP
Premier Gold 16 PQF + 6,000 PQP or 7,000 PQP
Premier Platinum 24 PQF + 9,000 PQP or 10,000 PQP
Premier 1K® 36 PQF + 13,500 PQP or 15,000 PQP
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...s/premier.html

Last edited by dcsnowwake; Dec 30, 2021 at 6:12 pm
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Interesting, almost identical with last year, except they didn't mention how many jump start bonus PQP we will get.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake (Post #85)
2022 requirements quietly posted

They changed the language to THROUGH 2022

Originally Posted by gokeeper (Post #86)
Interesting, almost identical with last year, except they didn't mention how many jump start bonus PQP we will get.
​​​​​​By their terms, these are the 2021 requirements, during which one earned status through January 2023.

The 2022 qualification requirements have not yet been promulgated, no matter how eagerly we wish it were so.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Dec 30, 2021 at 7:01 pm
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by gokeeper
I'd imagine it would be the same as last year (1/4th? 1/2? Something like that?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.