Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United 2023 Qualifying Requirements (first The Points Guy, now UA.com)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
From: https://mileageplusupdates.com/mileageplus/english/qualification/

Print Wikipost

United 2023 Qualifying Requirements (first The Points Guy, now UA.com)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I had to book two trips this month so am hoping that if they do run any promos that they allow tickets already bought prior to the official launch date
Doppy, kirkwoodj and chavala like this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:05 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by Sacfitz
I had to book two trips this month so am hoping that if they do run any promos that they allow tickets already bought prior to the official launch date
What launchd date?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:40 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by exp
What launchd date?
Of any announced promo(s). Given the typical UA wording of "only flights ticketed after registration" ...
Old Jan 6, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: united
Originally Posted by exp
You just flew recently?
I am flying in a couple of weeks.

Also, someone I know on a $600 r/t coach roundtrip to Berlin with no status just TOD upgraded to Polaris for $699. There were 5 available seats for u/g.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by exerda
Of any announced promo(s). Given the typical UA wording of "only flights ticketed after registration" ...
This!
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by exerda
If I recall correctly, none of the bonus PQP promotions with flight requirements came attached with such criteria.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:53 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by dilanesp
I am flying in a couple of weeks.

Also, someone I know on a $600 r/t coach roundtrip to Berlin with no status just TOD upgraded to Polaris for $699. There were 5 available seats for u/g.

Is that the buy upgrades and get waitlisted to see if the UG goes through?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:51 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Repooc17
If I recall correctly, none of the bonus PQP promotions with flight requirements came attached with such criteria.
I think you're correct, but I had very few existing itins during 2021--I think all of them were booked after a given quarter's promo began--so I can't say for sure from experience. I know the MilePlay promos still have had that requirement, but as they are geared toward driving more bookings (vs. rewarding existing ones), that kind of makes sense.

Fly to the Finish IIRC explicitly allowed flights booked prior to the promo (and didn't require registration, either).

Originally Posted by exp
If used correctly, "TOD" (here, "HOD") would be an instant buy-up, confirmable upgrade, oft-derided for being offered to non-status pax ahead of elites who may be waitlisted (not sure how much that happens any more--I've been either buying domestic F or not traveling internationally at all for a couple of years now). If that's the sort of upgrade here, that's a pretty nice front cabin TATL fare all-in.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by exp
No, TOD. At check in, confirmed seat in Polaris.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: United Platinum
When can we expect a PQP promo for this year?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:13 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ord1027
When can we expect a PQP promo for this year?
No one here knows the answer to that or even has a decent guess. The answer lies in how actual travel plays out and UAs projections. The healthier UA believes the year will be the less likely promos will widely occur. (Delta's Bastian thinks the worst has passed)

Best one can do is watch this forum on a regular basis to see if promos are announced.
United747, 8MiHi and nexus7556 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: United Gold
Q1 promo?

Scoured the web a bit but did not see any Q1 promos for PQP acceleration. Only promo I current see is the Mile Play in my account. Last year's Q1 promo was around this time I believe...anyone hear anything different?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by tomli777
Scoured the web a bit but did not see any Q1 promos for PQP acceleration. Only promo I current see is the Mile Play in my account. Last year's Q1 promo was around this time I believe...anyone hear anything different?
Last year's Q1 promo was announced in November of the preceding year (Nov. 2020 to be exact).

I don't think we should expect much this year, if anything. UA is not going to give away its farm, two years in a row; it wants $$$ from you (and everyone else)!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Hopefully, UA will not exhibit the PQP generosity they did last year. As this period drags on, UA needs to focus on the flyers who have been flying and who have returned to more regular flying, not those hoping for a third year of almost gifted status, some of who will never achieve the status they had before due to corporate travel changes. It would be a good time to filter the ranks. Most flyers will stick to the most convenient airlines anyway.
EWR764, jtet, chavala and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I would think UA may need to do something...given that Jan/Feb business travel may be suffering due to Omicron and International paid biz travel to Europe and Asia is waaay down. Asia is virtually non-existant. Makes it much harder to get to that $13500 1K threshold grinding it out on $250-$400 domestic tickets...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.