Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United 2023 Qualifying Requirements (first The Points Guy, now UA.com)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
From: https://mileageplusupdates.com/mileageplus/english/qualification/

Print Wikipost

United 2023 Qualifying Requirements (first The Points Guy, now UA.com)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
So you are suggesting OPM work flying (focus group and majority of United elites) is also only down 16% pre pandemic?
I have never even mentioned the phrase once in any of my posts in this thread. Again, infer the data however you'd like, or not, if it is not useful.

UA has its own proprietary data to make informed decisions about its own programs. Someone had brought up airport traffic upthread, so I piggybacked on it with recent US airport traffic flow data.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
So you are suggesting OPM work flying (focus group and majority of United elites) is also only down 16% pre pandemic?
I don't have the insight that UA probably has, but I know for a fact that travel is down far more than 16% (trips and spend) for my (still working) former colleagues in Houston. A couple of them have fallen from GS spend to Silver/Gold-level spend - they're fearful of the future (beyond UA''s current largesse towards extensions). Seems like the potential of falling out of GS status is a magnitude more alarming than what many of us face status-wise
am1108 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
While destination and type of traveler is not possible to discern from TSA data, BofA Global Research produces a weekly report (Mondays) that does provide some further insight.

Corporate ticketing is still down 35-40%, leisure is flat with 2019
International ticketing is still down 40% (and international ticket prices are down roughly 40%)

And trying to get back on topic, as OPM / corporate travel, especially international, had previously been a cornerstone of UA's operations -- and likely a significant (major?) part of the elite program, UA will want to try to recapture as many of those travelers when they resume travel. I suspect there will be more promos but not as many or as generous as 2020.

In the meantime UA has pivoted to more leisure focus but that is a very price sensitivity and more competitive market.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I don't have the insight that UA probably has, but I know for a fact that travel is down far more than 16% (trips and spend) for my (still working) former colleagues in Houston.
Business travel is down over 90% at the 100,000+ employee software company I work at from pre-pandemic levels. And with many companies still having work at home policies - often even if we could travel to a onsite customer meeting - the customer wouldn't be in the office anyway.
SPN Lifer and dilanesp like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:18 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
International ticketing is still down 40% (and international ticket prices are down roughly 40%)

You talking Y prices?

Seems like P fares right now are high, compared to pre-pandemic and last spring.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 5:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by exp
You talking Y prices? .....
I believe it is average airfare / revenue for the flight -- all cabins combined

Originally Posted by exp
....Seems like P fares right now are high, compared to pre-pandemic and last spring.
That is only a fraction of the airfares.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:22 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I'm not surprised that yesterday morning's "we are evaluating and will release qualifying requirements later this afternoon" message on the status page has yet to yield and actual new requirements yet.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Qualification levels published on the United qualification page!

I don't know if anyone saw this. It confirms that the levels will stay the same for next year!

https://mileageplusupdates.com/milea...qualification/

Qualification requirements for Premier status through 2023

We lowered our requirements for all Premier levels so it’s easier to qualify through 2023. In addition to flying a minimum of 4 flight segments on United or United Express, here’s what else you’ll need to qualify for each Premier status level beginning on January 1, 2022, for status through the 2023 program year1:
2023 Premier status PQF + PQP Or PQP only
Premier Silver 8 PQF and 3,000 PQP 3,500 PQP
Premier Gold 16 PQF and 6,000 PQP 7,000 PQP
Premier Platinum 24 PQF and 9,000 PQP 10,000 PQP
Premier 1K® 36 PQF and 13,500 PQP 15,000 PQP
restlessinRNO and chavala like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 3, 2022 at 4:12 pm Reason: moved to subject thread
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
I don't know if anyone saw this. It confirms that the levels will stay the same for next year!
The real question is promos... the requirements are very different without promos than they were in 2021.
chavala and bluedemon211 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:48 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mduell
The real question is promos... the requirements are very different without promos than they were in 2021.
Yep. While I don't expect as many or as generous as promos as we had last year, I definitely expect something in Q1 (as Omicron is going to really strain travel) and probably Q2 (to entice folks back to fly again), then probably something to close out the year. My gut is that summer travel will be in decent shape and thus not as likely to see a Q3 promo.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mduell
Well, yeah. I did all of the promos last year until I earned 1K, and will do them again if they're offered. I'm just glad UA didn't get greedy and raise the PQP numbers.

If promos aren't offered, and if my clients don't resume paying for business travel, I'm planning to pick up the PQP slack on MRs for lifetime 1K (3MM).
cranky1K likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
Well, yeah. I did all of the promos last year until I earned 1K, and will do them again if they're offered. I'm just glad UA didn't get greedy and raise the PQP numbers.

If promos aren't offered, and if my clients don't resume paying for business travel, I'm planning to pick up the PQP slack on MRs for lifetime 1K (3MM).
How close (or far) from LT 1K are you?

David
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: united
Originally Posted by exp
You talking Y prices?

Seems like P fares right now are high, compared to pre-pandemic and last spring.
I just paid about $1800 less for a roundtrip to FCO in J, UA all the way, than the fare was pre-pandemic. And low J fares were available to other European destinations.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:09 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by dilanesp
I just paid about $1800 less for a roundtrip to FCO in J, UA all the way, than the fare was pre-pandemic. And low J fares were available to other European destinations.

You just flew recently?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by DELee
How close (or far) from LT 1K are you?

David
700K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.