Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2021]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 3:01 pm

Has anyone had any data on whether or not Premier Accelerator PQPs will count towards the Fly to Finish program?
Markalta likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: Platinum UA, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Same question

Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
Has anyone had any data on whether or not Premier Accelerator PQPs will count towards the Fly to Finish program?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:03 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
There is nothing in the T&Cs to suggest Premier Accelator PQPs will count for Fly to the Finish. No one has had a UA representative state they will and a few have stated they will not. No one has reported success using them (probably few, if any, have tried).

Note partner PQPs will not count, so not surprising Premier Accelerator or credit card PQPs are not included.

There has been much discussion of this in 3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level
Markalta likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: Platinum UA, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Angry Do Premier Accelerator PQP Count Towards Fly to the Finish? Not Clear in T&C

Thanks WineCountryUA. I was going to tweet UA or call the Platinum Desk yet not sure if I can get an answer. Either way, being in Denver, will at least get Gold for 2022 after a few simple trips. Not convinced their is that much difference between Gold and Platinum except for the upgrade confirmation times, multipliers on spent dollars, and Plus Points.

I am really after Group 1 boarding and free upgrades to Economy Plus.

Your thoughts and TIA.

Markalta
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
I understand one can purch a paid tix, pay for miles accelerator and then award accelerator at prevailing rates, then cancel said ticket within 24 hours, leaving you with the miles and PQP you purchased, correct?
If I am in need of about 450 PQP for the next status level, what $ amount of paid airfare do I need to book to be offered enough PQP to satisfy my needs? Thx!
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
I understand one can purch a paid tix, pay for miles accelerator and then award accelerator at prevailing rates, then cancel said ticket within 24 hours, leaving you with the miles and PQP you purchased, correct? ...
yes
If I am in need of about 450 PQP for the next status level, what $ amount of paid airfare do I need to book to be offered enough PQP to satisfy my needs? Thx!
That has always been a bit of a guessing game and somewhat variable for the individual,

The good news is you can now see the offer before purchase. On the travel insurance page.
I just looked at a $600 ticket that had a 500 or 1.400 PQP offer.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: Continental, BA
when do people get award accelerator miles? at ticket purchase or after trip? I am wondering if i can cancel refundable ticket and keep miles. Has anyone got banned doing it too much. I need 40K miles and trying to find quickest way to get it. Any other way to get it. I burned my chase points so that is not an option. I do have amex and citi points.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by boniam
when do people get award accelerator miles? at ticket purchase or after trip? I am wondering if i can cancel refundable ticket and keep miles. Has anyone got banned doing it too much. I need 40K miles and trying to find quickest way to get it. Any other way to get it. I burned my chase points so that is not an option. I do have amex and citi points.
you don't need refundable tickets. You cancel within 24 hours. Many have done this and no issues reported.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by cfischer
you don't need refundable tickets. You cancel within 24 hours. Many have done this and no issues reported.
Yeah, but this poster wants 40,000 miles / PQPs between now and 12/31/21. That'a an awful lot of purchase/premium accelerator/cancel cycles.

David
Old Nov 20, 2021, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Yeah, but this poster wants 40,000 miles / PQPs between now and 12/31/21. That'a an awful lot of purchase/premium accelerator/cancel cycles.

David
I have seen some pretty substantive offers on long-haul. Might need 3-4 tickets to accomplish this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: Continental, BA
Originally Posted by DELee

David
I actually only want miles 30-40K miles and not after PQP. I am trying to book a ticket for which I am getting 3c per mile value and want to use 60K of my existing miles and ned 30-40K miles. Trying to find cheapest way to get that book ticket preferably by tomorrow.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:47 pm

Need 519 PQP

I need 19 PQP and 1 PQF or 519 PQP to qualify for the next Premier status. As I have no need to fly anywhere, how can I reach the goal? Any tips or tricks?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
When do the Premier Accelerator PQP's post from the cancelled itinerary? Esp if there is no flight involved?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When do the Premier Accelerator PQP's post from the cancelled itinerary? Esp if there is no flight involved?
they post pretty quickly. You have plenty of time to cancel within 24 hours.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 11:30 am

As I have not done this before, please confirm I have the correct steps and timing. Book flight(s) with appropriate amount of PQP needed, wait until PQP posted in MileagePlus account, then cancel flights within 24 hours?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.