Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2021, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOSskier
Bold move going with the sparkling wine. I gave that one a try once and it was a challenge to finish. I meant to write a brief note about it here but I seemingly must have blocked the taste from memory. If I recall correctly the chardonnay that followed was slightly more tolerable.
Originally Posted by cesco.g
There are/were two kinds > red and black labels. While the red one was nasty, the black one is tolerable. I have mostly seen the black one around lately.
Haven't seen the red one for a few months and I am very thankful for that.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by PTahCha
There used to be a muffin or scone + beverage 1 hour before landing, but not currently (or maybe I slept through it on my last redeye).
Almost certain there’s no meal. At least I didn’t notice in my semi-conscious state an hour or so before landing on my last redeye.

When I woke up, I did notice a biscotti had been placed on my table at some point after dinner.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
There used to be a muffin or scone + beverage 1 hour before landing, but not currently (or maybe I slept through it on my last redeye).
Nope. It has been cut.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 1:42 pm

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Updated report from the field:

UA635, BWI-ORD, snack bag with pretzels/stroopwaffle/water in F
UA691, ORD-DEN...Lovely to have a Polaris 772. FA was personable, but holy cannoli service was S....L....O....W. Flight is about 1 hour, 50 minutes. No turbulence. Meals served about 75 minutes in, and only once another FA came up to help. Options were the trusty egg scramble and waffle...still holding their own...I had the egg and my partner had the waffle and liked it (and he's hard to please when it comes to airline food haha)...pics below in case you haven't seen enough of these items already

Side note -- I kinda can't believe UA sells 45-minute connections in ORD. We were 5 minutes late and arrived at the connection as boarding was almost wrapped up. Traffic in the alley at ORD, and on the taxiways, was substantial.

cesco.g and dilanesp like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I think this sort of breakfast is perfect for a flight like ORD-DEN. Would love to see the cinnamon rolls return, though!
Old Aug 14, 2021, 8:36 pm

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I think this sort of breakfast is perfect for a flight like ORD-DEN. Would love to see the cinnamon rolls return, though!
Totally agree — perfect amount of food IMO
Old Aug 14, 2021, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Same here! Those cinnamon rolls were one of the few good things UA inherited from CO.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:31 am

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, Supersonic (BA1Y, BA1223)
13 Aug: SFO-HNL (773). Mostly same offerings as mentioned above. Ravioli, Thai Chicken (I think) and short ribs..
13 Aug: HNL-GUM (773). Some chicken thing I dont really remember the name of and one other option, perhaps (I was a ways back in 16 so they were probably out of most stuff by the time they got to me)

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
LAS-ORD, August 14, 737-9
Lemon chicken w/orzo. Cooked just right. My first time getting the Pie in the Sky heated, and it's so much better warmed up. Pretzel roll was also warmed and an improvement over the regular bread roll. Excellent FA who kept the drinks flowing. There was a wrapped blanket on the seat when I boarded, don't remember seeing that on my previous 3 flights in F this month.

Old Aug 18, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
YAY for pretzel roll!!!
NRoften likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Welcome icecream01 ! Unless things have changed, it's full dinner in business class.
Not sure about SFO-EWR, but I'm on the LAX-EWR redeye tomorrow night and it's listed as a snack flight. I'll update tomorrow after flying and seeing what they serve.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
My upcoming SFO-ORD redeye is listed as a Dinner flight. Hard to believe a midcon redeye would have dinner when a premium transcon redeye does not.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Not sure about SFO-EWR, but I'm on the LAX-EWR redeye tomorrow night and it's listed as a snack flight. I'll update tomorrow after flying and seeing what they serve.
It was standard dinner on the SFO-EWR red-eye a couple weeks ago.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Dinner EWR-ORD

What should I expect to choose from? Are preflight drinks still verboten?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-SFO 18 Aug 650 pm 789 (Polaris) seat 7L

Meal choices taken pre-departure. No acknowledgement of GS but also no request to make second choice. By now we all know the choices and this time I went with the enchiladas. Both bread and pie in the sky served cold but I tried to help them with a little time under the piping hot casserole dish. Worked a little. I get the raves for the pie in the sky but I could do without the gratuitous sugar rocks on top. The chocolate makes it sweet enough. All in all, a solid domestic F meal (repetitiveness aside). Pics below though nothing new.

arma5 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.