Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Personally, I love the waffle breakfast. But I guess everyone has different tastes. :-)
I guess I don’t eat sweet stuff at the same clip as I used to once upon a time. Though I’d say the waffles did taste good, I just would’ve enjoyed them a bit more if not every other element on the plate was sugar. No savory element or anything just sugar. Grapes, drenched waffles, and those sweet lemon wafers. I think I desperately missed a savory piece on that plate.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
I guess I don’t eat sweet stuff at the same clip as I used to once upon a time. Though I’d say the waffles did taste good, I just would’ve enjoyed them a bit more if not every other element on the plate was sugar. No savory element or anything just sugar. Grapes, drenched waffles, and those sweet lemon wafers. I think I desperately missed a savory piece on that plate.
I think if the syrup was on the side instead of pre-drenched into the waffle it would be much better. They give us the sauce on the side for other dishes, curious why it isn't on the side for this one too.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 10:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by gcashin
After a tapas snack box for breakfast in YYC-DEN, I was hoping the lunch coded flight on DEN-IAH would have something that wasn’t in a box or plastic package. Unfortunately not. Seems like a miss from catering, but the “lunch” was a packaged cheese tray, and the oddest part was a box of raisins as a side where the salad would normally be. It felt like someone switched out a lunch kit from a kindergarten school cafeteria.

“Lunch” on DEN-IAH
That looks like the Denver meals couple years ago when they had issues with the catering kitchen.
gcashin likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
DEN strikes again!

Ugh, looks awfully close to the (pre-pandemic) service I got on LEX-ORD.
gcashin likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Any idea what they served up front in First?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
SFO-HNL-SFO

SFO-HNL Choice was described as egg white kale pastry or french toast. Ended up being the old egg white bites which is fine but extremely boring since it’s the same meal for the last couple months.

HNL-SFO 1k sitting in the last row and was not given the meat choice. Only vegetarian left was described as cauliflower croquette. Orzo was alright, croquette was not my thing. Usually the Hawaii meat choice of katsu is much preferred IMO. Guava sponge cake was pretty good though.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:05 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by gcashin
After a tapas snack box for breakfast in YYC-DEN, I was hoping the lunch coded flight on DEN-IAH would have something that wasn’t in a box or plastic package. Unfortunately not. Seems like a miss from catering, but the “lunch” was a packaged cheese tray, and the oddest part was a box of raisins as a side where the salad would normally be. It felt like someone switched out a lunch kit from a kindergarten school cafeteria.

“Lunch” on DEN-IAH
Instead of a bowl of grapes, now they give you a bowl of dried grapes?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Flew UAX IAH to CLT and back. No PDBs either way. Recline boxes both ways. Friday given minis & cans to make your own cocktail in plastic cup. Sunday served mixed drinks in glasses!
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:02 pm

DEN-IAD today. Snack box. PDB was water only.
Flight time 0945-1458. Aren't we supposed to get a hot breakfast now? Haven't been paying attention.

Carfield likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
DEN-IAD today. Snack box. PDB was water only.
Flight time 0945-1458. Aren't we supposed to get a hot breakfast now? Haven't been paying attention.

Yes! Hub-hub 800 miles should be hot meal! Write in!
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
DEN seems to be out of food again.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by VWang1111
HNL-SFO 1k sitting in the last row and was not given the meat choice. Only vegetarian left was described as cauliflower croquette. Orzo was alright, croquette was not my thing. Usually the Hawaii meat choice of katsu is much preferred IMO. Guava sponge cake was pretty good though.
Why did you not insist on your first choice as a 1K? I highly doubt everyone else in the cabin was a 1K or GS
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
One person who likes the katsu - my friend thought it was awful recently and the consensus on here agrees.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
DEN seems to be out of food again.
Well, to be fair, it's ...

There's really no excuse for this as a persistent problem.
findark likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CApreppie
One person who likes the katsu - my friend thought it was awful recently and the consensus on here agrees.
As always, one must judge among the choices available. I found the pre-pandemic katsu to be often better than the other choices, although I haven't seen it in the last 18 months - hopefully it hasn't deteriorated that much...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.