Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
While a *G BP is the easiest way to get lounge access, sometimes that fails to be on the BP. So as a backup you might then need to produce a digital *G card with UA's app, with *A Gold symbol and/or bar code.

To get the bar code, tap on the card and it flips over.

For displaying the *A Gold emblem, the two major smartphone apps work differently

For IOS/Apple you need to move the card to the Apple Wallet.

For Android, the front of the card shows the *A Gold symbol but it is not very large.
Should work as is, but if need be, you can enlarge by enabling the triple tap magnifier or screen capture to Gallery and enlarge the picture.

From Recent Denials of admission to *A Lounges due to lack of UA *G card [2019-2020], it appears *G BP or the digital card is sufficient for lounge access. The past issues requiring the physical card are "past history" unless one can not produce a *G BP or UA app digital card.

Print Wikipost

Displaying *G card on UA apps

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Agree that, with a *G logo on the BP there is no need for a physical card. I never even carry mine.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:16 pm

I'm on an Android and there is no *G indicator on the 'digital card' whatsoever (nor an option to store it in my Google Wallet.)

This is a pretty legit problem for UA. They USED to show the front of the card, I believe... I wonder why they don't now?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

When I looked at my card in the United app it was showing front of the card. I've clicked on it and it switched to the back, with option to add it to Apple wallet.
After I've added it to the apple wallet I can't make it show front of the card in the UA app. But it shows perfectly fine in the apple wallet.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:15 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Even if you don't have a card, no star gold indicated on the boarding pass, LH are able to look up your status by FF number. This should have been done.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: united
Definitely write both airlines' customer service. You might get a voucher.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by GVA
Even if you don't have a card, no star gold indicated on the boarding pass, LH are able to look up your status by FF number. This should have been done.
Of course LH can. But, there is a history of not doing so because the rules require the customer to present either a *G boarding pass or a *G card (including e-card).

Until we have a response we don't know about the BP and thus whether LH properly denied entry.

It's infuriating for sure, but *A could also change its rules and LH would be hard-pressed to object to such a change.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Anyone lecturing OP about not bringing the physical card, please remember that UA no longer provides physical cards to Premier Gold.
Originally Posted by Often1
We still do not have an answer from OP as to whether his BP had the *G logo. Under the new rules, that is all that is needed.
It's all that needed IN THEORY. As you well know, LH has been known to require the card despite the rule.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Definitely seems to be a bug in the app (I'm on Android), as I can see the star alliance logo on the front of the card as the small avatar, but when I tap on it, only the rear is visible.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:06 pm

I'm Premier Gold and never have trouble entering LH lounges with just a scan of my boarding pass.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by davie355
I'm Premier Gold and never have trouble entering LH lounges with just a scan of my boarding pass.
Until you do.

This has been an issue with LH and LX for many years.
Silver Fox and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I don’t see a button to add my 1K card to Apple Walket

My Plat card from 2019 is in Apple wallet, so i know I have done this before. Where is it in the latest app? I tap the face then tap the 1K card and the back only displays. And no tap option to add to Apple Wallet

Help appreciated
Originally Posted by leoo
The “Add To Apple Wallet” button in the app is hidden if there’s a card in the wallet already.
Just remove your Platinum card from Apple Wallet and you’ll be able to add your 1K card.
Yes! Thank you!! Happy 2020!

Also, can confirm in the Apple wallet the “card” shows the “front” and has *Gold logo clearly displayed
leoo likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Agree that, with a *G logo on the BP there is no need for a physical card. I never even carry mine.
I was asked for my *G proof at ANA lounge in NRT. Had *G on BP. Good thing I had the digital card. Was a UA G at the time so no physical card.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:09 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
In the app, in the middle of the home page, it says Hello, 1P and then gives my status and mileage balance. If you tap on there, it takes you to your account summary, which includes your Star Alliance status (fourth category down). This is surely enough evidence for LH if a *G BP is not sufficient by itself.

(And like others, my Android app also turns the digital card over when tapped)
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The wording in the *A rule is new. Not sure when, but definitely within the past 6 months. Prior to that, LH/LX were fine to require a card (including an e-card).

That was then, this is now.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by Kacee
Until you do.

This has been an issue with LH and LX for many years.
a reported issue, yes. However, probably very few from a percentage perspective. My guess is that many of these didn’t have their FF# linked and thus their BP was not reflecting Gold status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.