Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
While a *G BP is the easiest way to get lounge access, sometimes that fails to be on the BP. So as a backup you might then need to produce a digital *G card with UA's app, with *A Gold symbol and/or bar code.

To get the bar code, tap on the card and it flips over.

For displaying the *A Gold emblem, the two major smartphone apps work differently

For IOS/Apple you need to move the card to the Apple Wallet.

For Android, the front of the card shows the *A Gold symbol but it is not very large.
Should work as is, but if need be, you can enlarge by enabling the triple tap magnifier or screen capture to Gallery and enlarge the picture.

From Recent Denials of admission to *A Lounges due to lack of UA *G card [2019-2020], it appears *G BP or the digital card is sufficient for lounge access. The past issues requiring the physical card are "past history" unless one can not produce a *G BP or UA app digital card.

Print Wikipost

Displaying *G card on UA apps

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I’m going to eat my words here. Trying to get in the MUC SEN lounge by the G gates resulted in a request for all of the family’s *G card, even though not all of the are issued physical cards and phones were not connected to WiFi yet. The notification on the BO but without the membership number wasn’t good enough.
Good to know. Thanks. I'm not leaving the plat card behind.

My previous plan was to screenshot the mini image of the front of the card (from the app) and zoom in on the image if someone insisted on seeing the front.

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I only ever put the brag-tags on checked luggage.
Same bag, for me. Sometimes I check it, sometimes I carry it on.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
... even though not all of the are issued physical cards and phones were not connected to WiFi yet. ...
Having a screen shot of the *G card is useful if you will not have connectivity.
Or use the lounge's wifi to get connectivity to be able to run the UA app.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Having a screen shot of the *G card is useful if you will not have connectivity.
Or use the lounge's wifi to get connectivity to be able to run the UA app.
my father retired after 42 years of service in the military...

he no longer uses a smartphone because he wants to enjoy retirement(his words)... He only travels with a LG flip-phone.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:26 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Gold card on ap

Just download the UA new ap. Cannot find the *G card to tap to flip over so that partner airline lounges can scan it. Can someone please tell me where it is, I can not find it. thanks
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Tap the little silhouette in the upper right hand corner of the home page. You'll find the M+ card, any one time passes and/or UC card you have.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by as219
Tap the little silhouette in the upper right hand corner of the home page. You'll find the M+ card, any one time passes and/or UC card you have.
Unfortunately, they do not show the front of the card anymore. Just the back of the card with all the contact information.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Unfortunately, they do not show the front of the card anymore. Just the back of the card with all the contact information.
If you move it to Apple wallet, you get front of card view (plus barcode), but not rest of info on back.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sfo
Just download the UA new ap. Cannot find the *G card to tap to flip over so that partner airline lounges can scan it. Can someone please tell me where it is, I can not find it. thanks
First answer below is correct. The bar code shows up there, which should be able to be scanned.

that said, as long as your BP has *G listed, you should rarely need the card even for lounge entry. And believe that while in the past, technically *G lounges could require it, beleive official policy now is that *G on the BP should be enough. Think that policy changes within the last year or so.

Originally Posted by as219
this, plus click on the premier card and it shows the back, with the bar code

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
back also contains the bar code, which should have the relevant information when scanned. An agent at a lounge shouldn’t even need this to begin with - BP should be good - but if needed, the bar code on the back should definitely be enough.

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
If you move it to Apple wallet, you get front of card view (plus barcode), but not rest of info on back.
this is another option.

im only silver now, but an update to the card was necessary for me over the weekend - for whatever reason - it didn’t update automatically and said ‘pass expired’ - even though I didn’t change levels and my status just extended as expected until 1/2021.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
back also contains the bar code, which should have the relevant information when scanned. An agent at a lounge shouldn’t even need this to begin with - BP should be good - but if needed, the bar code on the back should definitely be enough.
MP ticket 3 weeks ago VIE-FRA & FRA-JNB on Lufty, both lounge agents needed to see my card as *G status didn’t xfer to LH PNR. I used my plastic card as proof of *G. The need for the card is alive and well on Lufthansa Group’s turf.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:17 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks to all for the information. I do appreciate it. as219, worked perfectly. Took a screen shot of it and am now in business.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Sadly Android has nothing akin to this and its a major PITA.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Was this IOS / Apple device?
Or an Andriod device?

While a *G BP is the easiest way to get lounge access, sometimes that fails to be on the BP. So as an backup you might then need to produce a digital *G card with UA's app. With *A Gold emblem and/or bar code.

To get the bar code, tap on the card and it flips over.

For displaying the *A Gold emblem, the two major smartphone apps work differently

For IOS/Apple you need to move the card to the Apple Wallet.

For Android, the front of the card shows the *A Gold symbol but it is not very large.
Should work as is, but if need be, you can enlarge by enabling the triple tap magnifier or screen capture to Gallery and enlarge the picture.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 3, 2020 at 11:39 am
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
MP ticket 3 weeks ago VIE-FRA & FRA-JNB on Lufty, both lounge agents needed to see my card as *G status didn’t xfer to LH PNR. I used my plastic card as proof of *G. The need for the card is alive and well on Lufthansa Group’s turf.
This was my experience as well. Award tickets don't always show *G on the BPs.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
... I used my plastic card as proof of *G. The need for the card is alive and well on Lufthansa Group’s turf.
Was the digital app card tried / denied?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Was the digital app card tried / denied?
I was denied again at the Lufthansa lounge in Hamburg. Two employees both insisted that I had to have the "real" plastic card, which according to MileagePlus rep, no longer existed. The Star gold indication on the boarding pass was "unacceptable" according to the Lufthansa employees.

I'll contact MileagePlus again via email, but I'm pretty sure that they'll just give me another 5000 miles as a goodwill gestures. (which was they they did twice last year after I got denied by Lufthansa at two different airports) Oh well... 5000 miles is worth about the same as a couple cups of coffee at the airport Starbucks.

Was the MileagePlus not telling the truth about the gold card no longer in existence? Even for someone who became a gold member for the first time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.