FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2020 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2002037-2020-lets-eat-united-first-united-business-premium-transcon-service.html)

SFO777 Feb 8, 2020 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 32048588)
United's IT shows whether your Polaris seat on a 787 faces the window or away from it. Just look at the seat map on the app or the website. They will also tell you if you call the reservations line and ask.

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 32047971)
I booked too late for an inside window seat, so I was stuck with a non-window window seat.

hudsonlaluna Feb 8, 2020 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 32048588)
United's IT shows whether your Polaris seat on a 787 faces the window or away from it. Just look at the seat map on the app or the website.

When choosing my seats online, I've never seen anywhere on the seat map that specifies where the windows are. Is there a special function/feature to see this?

dilanesp Feb 8, 2020 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by hudsonlaluna (Post 32049377)
When choosing my seats online, I've never seen anywhere on the seat map that specifies where the windows are. Is there a special function/feature to see this?

The IT shows you which J seats in a Polaris cabin are pointed towards and away from the window

elitefreak Feb 8, 2020 10:19 pm

9pm departure EWR-MSY, 3 hr 25 scheduled. Will I only get the snack basket or will it be a trayed snack offered? Can I request something from Y for no charge?

rch4u Feb 9, 2020 6:52 am

Originally Posted by elitefreak (Post 32049857)
9pm departure EWR-MSY, 3 hr 25 scheduled. Will I only get the snack basket or will it be a trayed snack offered? Can I request something from Y for no charge?

Snack basket only, since short haul and after 8 PM - something free from the back (which would be limited to snack boxes and packaged snacks) would be dependent upon the crew.

elitefreak Feb 10, 2020 7:19 am

Originally Posted by rch4u (Post 32050818)
Snack basket only, since short haul and after 8 PM - something free from the back (which would be limited to snack boxes and packaged snacks) would be dependent upon the crew.

So there's no policy on this I guess? Would I be out of line asking for, say, a Tapas box?

goodeats21 Feb 10, 2020 7:56 am

Originally Posted by elitefreak (Post 32054568)
So there's no policy on this I guess? Would I be out of line asking for, say, a Tapas box?

No formal policy that I am aware of. Not out of line to ask, but no recourse if they say no....

S.R Feb 10, 2020 1:21 pm

So what are the chances of my mainline LGA-IAH morning flight on Friday having the cold oatmeal with mango as one of the breakfast options? Haven't flown UA since September, but I used to fly this route about twice a month. I remember having the oatmeal as an option half the time, but other times it was the egg pastry thing or protein plate. I remember the oatmeal being one of the better tasting options compared to the eggs or protein plate.

fumje Feb 10, 2020 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by S.R (Post 32056148)
So what are the chances of my mainline LGA-IAH morning flight on Friday having the cold oatmeal with mango as one of the breakfast options? Haven't flown UA since September, but I used to fly this route about twice a month. I remember having the oatmeal as an option half the time, but other times it was the egg pastry thing or protein plate. I remember the oatmeal being one of the better tasting options compared to the eggs or protein plate.

Maybe 50%? The cold options seem to vacillate between oatmeal and protein plate; I think only those two for some time now. The hot options are egg pastry, egg/ham on croissant-style bread, and maybe that horrid egg white plus tasteless cheese sandwich (not sure if it's been banished yet). You'll get a choice of hot or cold.

st530 Feb 10, 2020 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 32056195)
Maybe 50%? The cold options seem to vacillate between oatmeal and protein plate; I think only those two for some time now. The hot options are egg pastry, egg/ham on croissant-style bread, and maybe that horrid egg white plus tasteless cheese sandwich (not sure if it's been banished yet). You'll get a choice of hot or cold.

Had it 8 days ago EWR-IAH (see post 51).

fumje Feb 10, 2020 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by st530 (Post 32056466)
Had it 8 days ago EWR-IAH (see post 51).

Thanks for pointing it out. Your post 53 has photos of the croissant style bread thing. ^

I will post a picture of the oatmeal if anyone requests.

DELee Feb 10, 2020 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 32056826)
Thanks for pointing it out. Your post 53 has photos of the croissant style bread thing. ^

I will post a picture of the oatmeal if anyone requests.

Never thought I'd be typing this but haven't seen how United and its FAs serve up oatmeal on an aircraft, so I'll request you post.

Principally interested in how big a serving that they offer.

David

lilpisher Feb 10, 2020 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 32056195)
The hot options are egg pastry, egg/ham on croissant-style bread, and maybe that horrid egg white plus tasteless cheese sandwich (not sure if it's been banished yet). You'll get a choice of hot or cold.

I’ve been doing ORD-SJU a lot recently and in January they had a scrambled egg benedict that I liked (though I tend to like most breakfasts, so not the most discerning). In February we started getting the egg and kale pastry. Return trip (Lunch) has been chicken or salmon, though they seem to have new vegetables as of February.

st530 Feb 10, 2020 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 32056826)
Thanks for pointing it out. Your post 53 has photos of the croissant style bread thing

Correct - it’s post 51 that has the egg white sandwich. That’s what I wrote. :)

fumje Feb 11, 2020 11:55 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 32057354)
Never thought I'd be typing this but haven't seen how United and its FAs serve up oatmeal on an aircraft, so I'll request you post.

Principally interested in how big a serving that they offer.

David

Here it is:
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ef33b726e5.jpg

The oatmeal bowl is the size of the fruit bowl that comes with the croissant thing. The oatmeal's fruit bowl is larger, with about 30% more fruit.

Total oatmeal + fruit (ignoring the chobani) feels like about 50% of the calories of the sandwich + fruit. Tastes pretty good.

Originally Posted by st530 (Post 32057734)
Correct - it’s post 51 that has the egg white sandwich. That’s what I wrote. :)

Ah yes, I was pointing out that you had photos of both sandwiches (posts 51 and 53). Sorry for the ambiguity.