Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Bag handling on ground airport transfer with common city code-NRT/HND,EWR/LGA/JFK,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bag handling on ground airport transfer with common city code-NRT/HND,EWR/LGA/JFK,...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:25 am
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
HND is great if you’re staying in Tokyo, but I just wish NH would expand their domestic and international flights to NRT so an airport transfer would not be necessary.
Originally Posted by gengar
As others have noted, I definitely wouldn't recommend the train for a solo traveler with potentially three "huge, heavy" bags.
Bus is definitely easier, more convenient, and, IIRC, can be more frequent and quicker than the train as well.

If you’re on a tight budget and have the time, the KS train/subway is about half the price of the bus, but no luggage storage since it doubles as a commuter towards Tokyo and can get crowded so seats may be limited depending on the time of day.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Quite the contrary. Nobody here can even think of any carrier at any location which handles bags for ground transfers.
AF does that for rail segments between ZYR and CDG.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
When DL operated its xLGA Shuttle flights out of the Marine Air Terminal, it did not even transfer checked bags on connections ro and from Shuttle - Main Terminal.

Simply one of those things.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mozilla
AF does that for rail segments between ZYR and CDG.
This, and a few others, are air-rail segments where rail station is O/D. No one has come up with an example where bags were transferred by ground on two connecting flights between two different airports in the same city.

BTW, SBB can transfer your bags to/from your connecting flights between most stations in Switzerland. Again, that's when train station is your O/D.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.