Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zebranz
So, is anything happening with this? Just curious (Oct 3, 2019)

If you paid cash for a lifetime Club membership and would like to join a potential class action due to this material change, please post your username here:
ctownflyer
hog Heaven
AAdmiral
nsx + 1
RichardInSF
Sykes
soartoday
lax2jfk2lax
libuser + 1
Xyzzy + 1
Buster CT1K
1K Student
Elitefreak
flyer austin + 1 (wiki-restricted member, added by IAH-OIL-TRASH)
Radonc1 + 1 (not a FT member but has LT membership)
Halo117
mikey
Mnmag
Vulcan
lateacher
kmersh
MazdaMP
bajong
sandiego1k
thesilb
HnlJay
nachosdelux
wtigerFF
a1bengal
benolaa
LeslieandDiane
SPN Lifer +1
YRKInsider
texd
IAHtraveler
nzpilot
zebranz

If you received a lifetime Club membership from the UA MM program and would like to join a potential class action, please post your username here:
deek
honmani2
lax2jfk2lax (recd 2nd lifetime for hitting 2MM which I gifted)
seacarl

Related thread: Club member/one-time pass access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner) Original thread -- focused on the basic access issue, most lifetime membership posts have been moved to this lifetime thread

Print Wikipost

Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by seacarl
... AS has become my primary airline due to UAs limited schedule at SEA. There are numerous cities where AS has nonstop service from SEA but no lounge. So this is a devaluation of my lifetime Red Carpet Club membership
This seems at least a failure of your preferred travel provider to offer appropriate services.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by seacarl
...AS has become my primary airline due to UAs limited schedule at SEA. There are numerous cities where AS has nonstop service from SEA but no lounge. So this is a devaluation of my lifetime Red Carpet Club membership
Gee - you'd really have a problem if you flew Southwest. UA wouldn't be helping you at all with lounges at any airport after you gave money to WN for a flight. And neither would WN. It's a conundrum for sure

Seems like a lot of UC lifetime members flying AK would be spending a lot of time in some UA lounges as AK works out their current problems. That would be awfully generous of UA

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Apr 5, 2022 at 8:44 pm
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:45 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Gee - you'd really have a problem if you flew Southwest. UA wouldn't be helping you at all with lounges at any airport after you gave money to WN for a flight. And neither would WN. It's a conundrum for sure
30 years ago when I bought my lifetime membership, it didn't matter what airline you flew. I bought based on club price and locations without regard to route map.
Markie, SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by nsx
30 years ago when I bought my lifetime membership, it didn't matter what airline you flew. I bought based on club price and locations without regard to route map.
When I bought mine, I can use the club without having to fly any airlines. In fact for a while they allow a pass to use the club so you can meet arriving visitors in the club to hold a meeting. And if you are lifetime, there is a three hour free usage of the conference room. So flying was not required at all.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and 8MiHi like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by PanAmWT
When I bought mine, I can use the club without having to fly any airlines. In fact for a while they allow a pass to use the club so you can meet arriving visitors in the club to hold a meeting. And if you are lifetime, there is a three hour free usage of the conference room. So flying was not required at all.
Yup - This move by United really screws over us lifetime members.
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
The ability to get a gate pass to go to the club -- with guests -- was one of the prime reasons I finally gt off my rear and bought my lifetime membership.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
The ability to get a gate pass to go to the club -- with guests -- was one of the prime reasons I finally gt off my rear and bought my lifetime membership.
Same.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:33 am

The main reason I bought into the Continental Presidents Club (which became United Club) was anytime access regardless of whether you were flying.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This seems at least a failure of your preferred travel provider to offer appropriate services.
Right? UA's schedule really sucks now at SEA. In the past we had 8/day to ORD, DEN. Hourly to SFO and a dozen to LAX. Five to EWR, three to IAD, 8 to IAH. We also had PDX and ANC. This brilliant man SMI/J told me that he was making changes I would like. I didn't realize that he thought 1 RJ a day to LAX and one flight a day to EWR and IAD were the type of changes he was walking about.

UA doesn't have lounges everywhere. How long did it take to get one at RDU? Nothing at BNA. I'd just like to have access to my lifetime clubs when I'm in the sterile zone at the airport.

Crazy thing: AS has more flights to several UA hubs than UA has ex SEA.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nsx
You've had 28 years of the ability to use the club regardless of airline. Let's say you prevailed in court - and personally think the odds of that is zero, hence why no law firm will touch it. But lets say you did prevail - what do you think awarded damages would be - it would probably be in the tens of dollars - another reason a law firm won't touch it.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
You've had 28 years of the ability to use the club regardless of airline. Let's say you prevailed in court - and personally think the odds of that is zero, hence why no law firm will touch it. But lets say you did prevail - what do you think awarded damages would be - it would probably be in the tens of dollars - another reason a law firm won't touch it.
Regardless, United has screwed us out of something we paid for.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and SS255 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:42 pm

Check your upcoming schedule:

3 to EWR. 3 to IAD. 3 to IAH 6 to SFO. 5 to DEN. 5 to ORD. Mainline back to LAX. 30 daily flights into a non-hub not too bad for June 6

things change in 30 years. (30 years ago United did not serve IAH or EWR from SEA) only after merger.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:04 pm
st3

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by Mikey
Regardless, United has screwed us out of something we paid for.
I would imagine they have also increased benefits in that timeframe. Hasn't the number of clubs increased in that time frame? Didn't you used to have to pay for drinks in the RCC?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by st3
I would imagine they have also increased benefits in that timeframe. Hasn't the number of clubs increased in that time frame? Didn't you used to have to pay for drinks in the RCC?
I have never had to pay for drinks. I dont know about the number of clubs, but the food offerings have been improved. Regardless, they sold me a lifetime membership with the ability to enter anytime without a united or even any ticket. They should live up to what they sold me.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mikey
Regardless, they sold me a lifetime membership with the ability to enter anytime without a united or even any ticket.
In 3 years - nobody has been able to prove that. Literally nobody.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.