Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Survey: Tell us what you think about our partnership with Marriott Bonvoy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Survey: Tell us what you think about our partnership with Marriott Bonvoy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Kacee
As someone who earns Marriott status the hard way, I'm 100% fine with the current set-up. And see no good reason that Marriott should give the same benefits to a 9 night per year customer that it gives to a 99 nights per year customer.
Sure, but what's the point of the partnership if you don't give anyone benefits that they want?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I tried to take the survey today, but the link connected to a survey that asked for my industry and age, then said I wasn't qualified. Huh?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by bocastephen
If they boosted a SPG LT Plat to Titanium while they held 1K status, that would be nice - or tossed in a few SNAs - but I doubt any of that will ever happen. Just look at what UA did to its own lifetime club members after the new entry restrictions.
I like that idea and agree it would keep me flying UA and Marriott. Although this is for a topic in another forum they ought to have a Lt Titanium level. No incentive for me to keep staying at Marriott properties anymore. Also, SNAs have seemed more useless to me lately but agree that your suggestion would be a nice benefit.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Sure, but what's the point of the partnership if you don't give anyone benefits that they want?
On that basis, why not just give everyone GS and Cobalt status?

UA and Marriott are giving elite members of certain levels FREE status match within the respective program. If that's not enough for you, you can earn the status you want. Partnership has certain limitations, throwing status around has the potential of brand dilution and financial risk, among others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.