Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) award booking experiences using UA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways (TG) award booking experiences using UA miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
TG award availability showing on UA.com but agent cannot see it

I'm trying to book a flight on Thai Airways in December 2013 and I just noticed that a bunch of availability shows in different cabins on the flights that I'm looking for on united.com. However, when I call and speak to a UA agent they say that they can't see the space, let alone the flight at all. It's a multi segment trip, so I can't do it online.

What would be going on here? I don't see it on ANA tool either. Is this "real" availibility? Any way I can get it booked?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by elbombo
I'm trying to book a flight on Thai Airways in December 2013 and I just noticed that a bunch of availability shows in different cabins on the flights that I'm looking for on united.com. However, when I call and speak to a UA agent they say that they can't see the space, let alone the flight at all. It's a multi segment trip, so I can't do it online.

What would be going on here? I don't see it on ANA tool either. Is this "real" availibility? Any way I can get it booked?
Why not book the space online and then just call in to have any subsequent segments added to the PNR?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by elbombo

Same with me. Even when I don't book the Thai airways portion and only Air China, when I try to do it online, it gives me an error.

When I called United Awards Desk , CSR said sometimes it shows up but it is not available to United.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Why not book the space online and then just call in to have any subsequent segments added to the PNR?
When I try to do that I get this response: Due to rapidly changing partner availability the following flights are no longer available. Please choose another flight or modify your search criteria.
very strange!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I would assume that this is a .bomb issue with phantom availability.

There is a thread on the Thai Airways forum talking about how TG has not released award inventory for November and December of 2012 at this time.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...tion-thai.html

Last edited by cheltzel; Feb 5, 2013 at 9:04 am Reason: fix typo
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Known problem

This is a known problem with many partner awards. In December of last year, I tried to make an award booking on LH and I needed this done manually and the agent could not see it. I ended up booking the segment online and then calling to the UA Premier desk to have it ticketed properly.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: *G
Phantom avaiability strikes again. Currently have problems with LHF

Although I have very recently booked Thai F through website and LH F not too long before that
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
ANA

Check the ANA awards site - no FT pro books an award w/o consulting ANA first....unless they have a paid service like Expert Flier.

Good luck.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
This is a known problem with many partner awards. In December of last year, I tried to make an award booking on LH and I needed this done manually and the agent could not see it. I ended up booking the segment online and then calling to the UA Premier desk to have it ticketed properly.
How do you book it online and then call in to have it ticketed? Is this a feature of the pmUA website? The new United site does not appear to give you that option. Am I missing something?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
I believe that Thai just loaded those seats today and US agents cannot see them either. Perhaps they will flow down in another day or two?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:11 am

Apparently TG seats are visible on AC and UA.

I just tried ANA and TG does not show up on the partner searches after the end of October. Hopefully, they will be there tomorrow.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by timbre
How do you book it online and then call in to have it ticketed? Is this a feature of the pmUA website? The new United site does not appear to give you that option. Am I missing something?
Let me clarify. I booked the award online as I was on the phone with an agent. I had an existing award booking on LH equipment and needed to change flights. The flight to which I wanted tochange was visible on UA.com but was not visible to the agent. To prove the point to the agent, I booked the flight I wanted online and the agent then worked to move other segments from my old existing reservation. Hope this clarifies it.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
General rule--if it is not available on the NH Tool, it is not available.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
General rule--if it is not available on the NH Tool, it is not available.
Theorem #2 : If it is visible on the ANA website, it may or may not be possible to book the flight using United Miles/Points.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Theorem #2 : If it is visible on the ANA website, it may or may not be possible to book the flight using United Miles/Points.
I'm on hold with UA now ... I'll post my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.