Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
cab from newark penn is $15 and pretty close at around 10 - 15 minutes. probably quicker than air train anyway because cabbie drops you off right at your terminal.

every single amtrak train will stop at newark penn.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:16 am

Ok, the 8 hour wait is out, i changed by ticket to depart from EWR. My options are to drive to NHV and take a NHV-EWR train arriving at 6:47, take the SPG train arriving at 8:03, or do some other combination like heading into NYC for a while as suggested and taking a more local train after that.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
I would take the 8 hour layover option and either spend some time in Manhattan, go watch a movie, get a massage or whatever fits your fancy. The other options leave too many variables for my taste.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
87 minutes to go from Terminal A to B

I have the following connection and wonder wheter it's doable:
  • Arrival from GLA on a Thursday at 11:30 in Terminal B
  • Immigration with EU passport
  • No checked luggage
  • Can use priority line at security as *A Gold
  • Departure to ORD at 12:57 from Terminal A

Is this doable? If I miss the connection, will it be hassle-free to get rebooked on another flight?
Old May 3, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Exec Platinum, TG ROP, WOH Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum
Connection time @ EWR: Terminal B > Terminal C

Have a question about my connection time in EWR. Will be arriving from Copenhagen on SAS (in C, not that that matters) at 2:50 PM in Terminal B and need to connect to a UA flight to LAX in Terminal C at 4:45 PM (in F.) So that's just shy of a 2 hr connection time.

I'm speaking on a panel at a conference and the conference booked all of this through an unknown travel agent--but I assume that it's a legal connection time in theory. In practice, that might be a whole other story.

But reading some past threads on here on this same subject it seems like even with that connection time that, depending on the foot traffic that day, that this could in fact end up being very tight.

A few questions:

-is it true that even with our bags checked through to LAX we'll still have to claim our bags, go through CBP at EWR and re-check our bags with UA and then head through TSA in Terminal C?

-will enrolling in Global Entry have an advantage in this scenario?
Old May 3, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by filmwill
A few questions:

-is it true that even with our bags checked through to LAX we'll still have to claim our bags, go through CBP at EWR and re-check our bags with UA and then head through TSA in Terminal C?

Yes, you'll have to claim your bags, go through customs and re-check them, the latter being very quick, since you just have to hand your already tagged luggage to an agent soon after clearing customs.

Yes, from what I hear. I've seen some nasty lines at EWR during European arrivals time.
Old May 4, 2012, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by filmwill
Have a question about my connection time in EWR. Will be arriving from Copenhagen on SAS (in C, not that that matters) at 2:50 PM in Terminal B and need to connect to a UA flight to LAX in Terminal C at 4:45 PM (in F.) So that's just shy of a 2 hr connection time.

I'm speaking on a panel at a conference and the conference booked all of this through an unknown travel agent--but I assume that it's a legal connection time in theory. In practice, that might be a whole other story.

But reading some past threads on here on this same subject it seems like even with that connection time that, depending on the foot traffic that day, that this could in fact end up being very tight.

A few questions:

Unless there is a delay on your flight from Copenhagen, you should be fine.

Global Entry would speed your way through immigration, but won't do anything to speed up the arrival of your checked bag or the line at customs (which is usually not a problem).

To me the biggest hassle is the need to go through security again before you can board your connection. Again, though, this shouldn't be so much of an issue that you would miss your connection.
Old May 10, 2012, 1:58 am

Question Transfer EWR Intl-Dom/Cash upgrades/E+

Hello,

I probably will fly STR-EWR-DEN on UA on a Saturday. The flight from STR will arrive at 12:40pm and I have 2h49min left for immigration and transfer. Is this possible without being in a hurry?

Is it possible to get cash upgrades for the domestic sector? If so, where can I buy them and could someone estimate the fee for EWR-DEN?

As collect M&M miles, I assume that in case of a cash-upgrade I will not get any additional M&M miles!?

My last question: Should I prefer row 20 or 21 if ugrading at least for E+?

Thomas
Old May 15, 2012, 6:19 am

United Terminal A to C Connection in EWR

okay flight will land in terminal a at newark and connection is out of terminal c
DO I Need to go through security again or no I am seeing different opinions on this subject
Old May 15, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
It depends on which part of terminal A. There are three piers. If it's a UA/CO express flight you'll be fine. If not, you'll have to exit the secure area, take the airtrain and reclear security.
Old May 15, 2012, 6:25 am

it is a united flight

Is there a shuttle in terminal a then to go to c (one that is not airtran)
I think I read something about a bus by gate28 to take to c terminal but it only runs every 10 or so minutes?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 15, 2012 at 7:31 am Reason: merge
Old May 15, 2012, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
Originally Posted by debarine
Is there a shuttle in terminal a then to go to c (one that is not airtran)
I think I read something about a bus by gate28 to take to c terminal but it only runs every 10 or so minutes?
Yes arriving at A you go down the stairs clearly labeled shuttle to Terminal C.

Allow 10-15 minutes between getting on cluttered bus and arrival at C.
Old May 27, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta gold, United silver
connect time in Newark to international flight

I have a reservation on Fare Lock and am wondering whether 50 minutes is really sufficient time to connect to an international flight, LBB-IAH-EWR-BFS. I also have 50 minutes to connect in IAH and will likely be coming into something like B84L, but haven't flown into IAH for several years and am not sure what gate I'm likely to end up at for the flight to EWR . . . probably some C gate?

Thanks.
Old May 27, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
I think that 50 min on an international connection is very tight in EWR. You might arrive in terminal b and might have to recheck luggage and then make your flight from C.
Old May 27, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: Delta gold, United silver
why would I have to recheck luggage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.