Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet another foot story!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
I did't mean to imply any correlation with hair color or accent. I just thought if for some outside chance UA lurkers are monitoring this thread, they may identify the passenger by verifying some physical characteristics with the flight number and seat information.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
@passengershaming on IG. Endless entertainment (or disgust, depending on your outlook on things).
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by PanAmWT
I did't mean to imply any correlation with hair color or accent. I just thought if for some outside chance UA lurkers are monitoring this thread, they may identify the passenger by verifying some physical characteristics with the flight number and seat information.
This is the most shocking post on this thread.
mrcool1122 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:09 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
I was wondering what everyone thinks of people putting their feet on the bulkhead. With shoes on but just putting their feet flat on the bulkhead in front of them.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by threeoh
This is the most shocking post on this thread.
I hope I did not offend any one. My thought is simply, what can airlines do to improve the situation? For me, it would be nice if UA sends the photo to the passenger privately and told her that this was taken by another passenger. UA can then say that we would appreciate very much if you can refrain from putting dirty slippers in places that are hard to clean and sanitize, and that the passengers in the next legs may put their fingers, napkins, or cookies in there.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I hope I did not offend any one. My thought is simply, what can airlines do to improve the situation? For me, it would be nice if UA sends the photo to the passenger privately and told her that this was taken by another passenger. UA can then say that we would appreciate very much if you can refrain from putting dirty slippers in places that are hard to clean and sanitize, and that the passengers in the next legs may put their fingers, napkins, or cookies in there.
I was not offended although your post did come across as being a little bit callus. I bet you feel like a heel after putting your foot in your mouth.

hehe. Sorry, had to do the puns. Didn’t mean to step on anyone’s toes.
iluv2fly and chavala like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by LordHamster
...Sorry, had to do the puns. Didn’t mean to step on anyone’s toes.
No worries...I think you nailed it.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:14 am

I hope I did not offend any one.
I am not offended (by feet or by your post). I was just shocked you thought United could and would follow through based on your vague description.

For me, it would be nice if UA sends the photo to the passenger privately and told her that this was taken by another passenger. UA can then say that we would appreciate very much if you can refrain from putting dirty slippers in places that are hard to clean and sanitize, and that the passengers in the next legs may put their fingers, napkins, or cookies in there.
(1) I sure hope United doesn't keep a database of what color hair people have and whether they speak with a foreign accent (and if so, whether it's "European" or other)! That would be very creepy!

(2) I hope United never sends me a photo another passenger took of me making some minor transgression, weeks after the flight. That would be very creepy!

My thought is simply, what can airlines do to improve the situation?
(1) FA could ask person to put feet down

(2) Airline could take no action and be realistic that between feet, socks, shoes, hands, elbows, bottoms of suitcases, sneezing, etc. their interiors will get dirty. They could do a better job cleaning, but trying to police minor passenger behavior is not likely to be effective or win the hearts and minds.
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Believe this thread has outlived its usefulness, so putting my foot down (firmly on the floor) and closing this thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.