Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet another foot story!

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's always the guy that sits right behind (or next to) you.
(bolding mine)

Hmm, I mostly get the person who seems to make selections on their IFE screen with what appears to be their fist, or a kid who may be so afraid of DVT they will resort to leg exercises that involve kicking the seat in front of them.
Daze likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That's disgusting; I don't want to touch her foot.

Do people not talk any more? "Excuse me, could you please take your foot off my armrest?". Polite and to the point.
Why should anyone be polite to someone like this?
It once happened to me years ago and she got a hard elbow jab right on top of her foot. THEN I said "Oh, sorry, I didn't realize there was a FOOT there!" (in a voice dripping in sarcasm).
I still feel proud of myself when I think back on it ; )

Last edited by chavala; May 9, 2019 at 9:31 am
Old May 9, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
That’s when you order a hot beverage and accidentally drop it all over the armrest!! (And before people scream assault, I wouldn’t actually do this - but it would be awfully tempting!!)

Although I did have someone do this to me once. I asked them politely to move their foot, and when they rolled their eyes I told them they I would start tickling it if they didn’t move it. The offending foot was promptly removed and was never seen again. I am always shocked at what people think acceptable behavior is.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:34 am

I like to stick my feet way under the seat in front of me, stretching out in E-. Usually I'm in my own "under the seat in front of you" space but sometimes I slip past the bar without noticing and accidentally bump the feet of the person sitting in front of me. Very embarrassing.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:55 am

I've had a foot on my armrest as I was filling out my customs card, and I used the pen in my hand to poke their foot. Not quite stabbing, but they got the message and moved their foot promptly. I did not have to touch their bare foot with my hand directly.
I nip stuff like this in the bud immediately, I'm not putting up with it for the duration of a trans-pacific flight.
chavala likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Gold
I've had feet (varieties of bare, socked and shoed) poke at me on my armrest - almost always when sitting at a window seat. I have no compunction about just pushing them off with my elbow.
jtwiz likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
"ACHOO!!!!!"
wpcoe likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
A shoe you say? As in an item of clothing that always seems to attract chewing gum?
Or worse.

Originally Posted by 1kBill
This.

I was in the UA 747 way back when sitting in the upper deck exit window barcalounger, when the guy in the window seat behind me stuck his bare feet along the top of the lockers so that they were right next to me. I turned around and politely asked him to move his feet out of my space, which he did right away. (But with a look that appeared to me to be slightly bewildered. Well, too bad for him!)
---------
Amusing (actually annoying) that YOU got the "bewildered" look, like you were the one that was in the wrong. What could he possibly have been bewildered about ? Never ceases to amaze me how offending parties are the ones that put on that angry scowl, offer absolutely no apology. Just another selfish, unthoughtful clown with no clue.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 10, 2019 at 1:50 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 23, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
I'm just gonna post this here and try not to puke for the next 3 hours while it points at me.

Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by onthesam
I'm just gonna post this here and try not to puke for the next 3 hours while it points at me.

Three things:
  1. The foot: yuck
  2. The socks: could do better
  3. Finding an existing thread on “a foot,” really impressive! I wouldn’t have thought to look.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
UA940 - 763

I sat in 21F (PP bulkhead).

To the person seated in 18L (Polaris J), your seat faces the aisle, your seat is not 100% private. I have unobstructed views to what you are doing with one of your hands and feet, as much as I would prefer not to see.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by Repooc17
UA940 - 763

I sat in 21F (PP bulkhead).

To the person seated in 18L (Polaris J), your seat faces the aisle, your seat is not 100% private. I have unobstructed views to what you are doing with one of your hands and feet, as much as I would prefer not to see.
Just one hand and both feet ??!? Do we even want to know (yes!)?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Three things:
  1. The foot: yuck
  2. The socks: could do better
  3. Finding an existing thread on “a foot,” really impressive! I wouldn’t have thought to look.
What about the snakeskin bag?

Seriously though, the feet don't bother me.
chavala likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler 1K, AA Plat, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat etc etc
What is it with the feet on planes??? So many people sit down and immediately take off their shoes. Has this increased the past few years or has it always been this way and I was oblivious to it?

Then they walk around with bare feet, socks, whatever. It's nasty!

(Last year on an AA flight, the FA Announcement included a schpiel about not taking off your shoes and walking around, especially in the lavs. One and only time I've heard something like that.)
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by onthesam

I don’t see an ESA collar on that rattlesnake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.