Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit together in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2024, 3:04 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Hey folks, in followup to my just recently -asked question about couples seating;

My wife wants to in an odd-numbered window seat. I want to sit in an even-numbered seat nearby her. Any suggestions: Take the even seat right in front or behind her, or across the aisle in the middle?

Many thanks!
Old May 11, 2024, 4:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 747FC
... My wife wants to in an odd-numbered window seat. I want to sit in an even-numbered seat nearby her. Any suggestions: Take the even seat right in front or behind her, or across the aisle in the middle? ...
Depends on which side the airline you are talking about --- see https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-76l
ijgordon likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Depends on which side the airline you are talking about --- see https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-76l
Thanks for that. So say she is in 7A: I'm trying to decide whether it is best for me to be in 6D vs. 6A or 8A?
Old May 11, 2024, 5:18 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
7A is missing a window on that configuration. But if you want to be physically close, I think Id pick 8A. If you stood up, you could look down and see her. Really no options for conversation if the wants an odd window seat which are the most private.
Old May 11, 2024, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
7A is missing a window on that configuration. But if you want to be physically close, I think Id pick 8A. If you stood up, you could look down and see her. Really no options for conversation if the wants an odd window seat which are the most private.
Thanks for that.
Old May 11, 2024, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I would recommend sequential odd windows, or really any two odd windows on the same aisle. By the time you try to do anything over the partition like that, you might as well have one of you get up, walk over, and stand in the inset of the other's seat in order to have the conversation. That way you each get one of the best seats on the plane .
Old May 11, 2024, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by findark
I would recommend sequential odd windows, or really any two odd windows on the same aisle. By the time you try to do anything over the partition like that, you might as well have one of you get up, walk over, and stand in the inset of the other's seat in order to have the conversation. That way you each get one of the best seats on the plane .
Thanks for that, but I want to be in an even-numbered seat.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
Were on the 767-400 tomorrow so slightly different. I wanted aisle, he wanted window. I dont know what they are called but I thought it logical to stay in the same pod so we are in 7/8L. I wanted privacy but I like the shelf by the window.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 28, 2024, 3:28 pm
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
Currently in 17A, daytime flight. Would like a window seat and this is the only choice available, but curious if the service will be worse being so far behind? E.g., if I want a few drink refills will I be SOL because the FAs will never bother to wander that far back in the cabin? Rare flyer on UA, any anecdotes welcome...
Old May 28, 2024, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by _fx
Currently in 17A, daytime flight. Would like a window seat and this is the only choice available, but curious if the service will be worse being so far behind? E.g., if I want a few drink refills will I be SOL because the FAs will never bother to wander that far back in the cabin? Rare flyer on UA, any anecdotes welcome...
If Im in need of a refill or a new drink, I go to the galley and they have always been accommodating.
Old May 28, 2024, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by _fx
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
If Im in need of a refill or a new drink, I go to the galley and they have always been accommodating.
Whether you get drink refills offered proactively depends entirely on the cabin crew and not at all on where you are sitting in the cabin. IME it is offered to all or no one.

Totally agree with Infiinite 1K, never had a problem when I wandered into the galley and asked politely.
SPN Lifer and findark like this.
Old May 28, 2024, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
Whether you get drink refills offered proactively depends entirely on the cabin crew and not at all on where you are sitting in the cabin. IME it is offered to all or no one.

Totally agree with Infiinite 1K, never had a problem when I wandered into the galley and asked politely.
That also applies to other things that a crew can be proactive about or not like mid flight snacks, etc.

I think the only downside of sitting that far back from a service perspective is that you might not get your choice of meals/appetizers.
Old May 28, 2024, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
And it might take a while to get your meal, if that matters to you (I wouldn't mind on a daytime flight). I haven't sat that far back on this plane, but I'm sure others can chime in with actual data points.
Old May 28, 2024, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had not-so-great service in 17L once but I chalked it up to a mediocre crew on that side, although its true youll eat later.
I always seem to have better service on the left side (A seat) maybe because the purser does that side?
But Id still rather take 17A/L with slower service than an even row or center aisle seat further up. Id also probably take it over rows 7/11 which are missing windows.
Infinite1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.