Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

76L, High J 763 (46 Polaris/22PP/43E+/56E-) now operational

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP
Routes
EWR<>LHR
EWR<>ZRH
IAD <> ZRH (Spring 2020)
ORD <> ZRH (Spring 2020)
ORD<>LHR
76L configuration is 767-300 with 46J / 22PE / 43E+ / 56E-; fleet to consist of 17 ships (14 former 2-cabin 76C and 3 used ships from Hawaiian).

Print Wikipost

76L, High J 763 (46 Polaris/22PP/43E+/56E-) now operational

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Does anyone think the insane number of blocked/op-up’s is only temporary since they switched the configs for EWR-LHR after summer began (I think) and didn’t have the full sales window to effectively sell the seats, or is this more of a sign that these AC could become op-up favorites in the future?

Flying to LHR tomorrow and was looking at my SDC options/checking flight statuses and surprised to see that every single evening EWR-LHR is 20+ blocked - lucky for elites on those flights who didn’t buy Polaris or a W!
Official service on high J 763 starts on 15SEPT19. So it's possible that they have sold or still selling EWR-LHR as 30J/184Y (or as 764), but I assume there would be some booking limits on the Y inventory. But since it's summer holidays, UA probably wants these flights to go out as full as possible and op-up passengers as needed.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Presumably, the introduction of these refitted birds with the higher number of J seats is the reason behind the latest targetted promotion that UA are doing. Trying to fill the cabin with those enticed to fly J as a shortcut to higher MP status without the need to meet the PQM or PQD criteria. (Fly two EWR-LHR segments in Polaris for Gold, 4 for Plat and 8 for 1K).
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:26 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Richym99
Presumably, the introduction of these refitted birds with the higher number of J seats is the reason behind the latest targetted promotion that UA are doing. Trying to fill the cabin with those enticed to fly J as a shortcut to higher MP status without the need to meet the PQM or PQD criteria. (Fly two EWR-LHR segments in Polaris for Gold, 4 for Plat and 8 for 1K).
Speculation for the promo is going on in Shortcut to UA Gold, Plat, 1K (Targeted?) by flying EWR-LHR Polaris segments
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Look at the EWR-LHR flights today. Majority of J seats blocked, probably due to big oversells in Y. Op-up bonanza. Hopefully this is not a trend.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Look at the EWR-LHR flights today. Majority of J seats blocked, probably due to big oversells in Y. Op-up bonanza. Hopefully this is not a trend.
Has been happening all summer, since the 76L has been in service. Even Silvers are scoring op-ups, and J going out with empty seats a fair amount. Polaris Lounge access is tricky (be ready to explain... usually the record will still show Y class of service) but fast track and arrivals lounge at LHR are no problem.

I think it’s all related to capacity adjustment for the 76L service entry, and the fact that J to LHR over the summer isn’t in very high demand.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
August to Europe is extremely favorable for op-ups since you have very high Y loads because it's peak holiday season and low J loads because nobody is working. I would expect it to correct in September.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Am I crazy? Considering connecting DCA-EWR-LHR to fly on this plane v. B788 nonstop from IAD, would also be able to spend a few hours in the Polaris lounge with a buddy...someone please talk me off the ledge!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Am I crazy? Considering connecting DCA-EWR-LHR to fly on this plane v. B788 nonstop from IAD, would also be able to spend a few hours in the Polaris lounge with a buddy...someone please talk me off the ledge!
Yes you are.

Has been mayhem with LHR flights recently; cancellations, delayed flights, merged flights, equipment swaps. It seems they just work it out each evening and figure how to accommodate all the pax booked for the day. Today they put an extra flight 2817, I suspect to accommodate folks frustrated yesterday from 14 being cancelled and/or three hour delays with 16 and 940, but yet they still cancelled flight 940 tonight so I suspect will be chaos again tomorrow.

I think UA still has not figured how they will fill these planes and the balance in demand for Y and J, so if you have a choice avoid EWR-LHR for now.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ani90
Yes you are.
That's all I needed, thanks
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Assuming paid J, yes

With the WX and EWR these days you'd need a miracle to make your connection. But it is more miles and if you really wanted to catch up...
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by findark
August to Europe is extremely favorable for op-ups since you have very high Y loads because it's peak holiday season and low J loads because nobody is working. I would expect it to correct in September.
That said, UA is able to charge higher fares to Europe over the summer, so it’s not as painful. I’m sure they are watching this very closely to see what happens, but Insuspect at worst, they start flying these birds on TCON routes and make more $$ (although I’m not sure that makes up for a bigger bird flying).
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1K
United Airlines Launches Luxe-Focussed 767s to Europe With More Business-Class Seats

From Yahoo News (who knew they still existed?) https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/unit...204954309.html

Of note:

The airline recently announced that every flight between Newark and Heathrow will be operated with the newly reconfigured—decidedly premium-class friendly—Boeing 767-300ER aircraft.

The revamped cabin now boasts a staggering 16 rows—or 46 seats—of business class in one expansive cabin.

Of course, all this reconfiguration comes at a cost. The economy section—a modest 56 seats—is situated right at the rear of the aircraft in a tight 2-3-2 configuration and the humdrum seats have a 34-inch pitch (that means half the legroom of business class).

----------

OP Note: I can't imagine this is accurate. EVERY flight between EWR-LHR?

And for the record, I only WISH I could get an economy seat with 34 inches of pitch, unless they're referring to Economy Plus.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Looks like a fluff piece rather than anything substantive.

There's a lot of premium demand for EWR-LHR and they don't need to haul a huge cabin of discounted Y passengers.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Also a little misleading saying there are only 56 economy seats. The configuration is below and has 99 economy seats of which 43 are Economy Plus (only difference being 3" in extra pitch)

For comparison here is the "standard" configuration with only 30 Business Class seats and no Premium Economy.

Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Boogie711
OP Note: I can't imagine this is accurate. EVERY flight between EWR-LHR?
First, Props to UA for doing this. Second, there is a LOT of premium cabin demand between the two largest financial centers in the world. Third, I don't think it is reasonable, nor honest to refer to United's current Business Class Product as "Luxe-Focused" more like "aimed at discounted corporate contracts, getting your staff there in the cheapest possible business class product" Fourth, it is highly likely that London will not only not be as much of a leading business center shortly, but not even in the "United Kingdom" so UA may be chasing a market - lowest common demoninator J sales to London - that will soon shrivel.
bocastephen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.