Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Correct. However, the memo sent to the baggage folks says otherwise. Don't know why you threw it away...
Just the text, not the wrap itself. In retrospect, I do realize that most trash can references on this board imply differently.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
Just the text, not the wrap itself. In retrospect, I do realize that most trash can references on this board imply differently.
Ah, I see. Yes, most people mean something different in this thread.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
Got mine today; made 1k last September. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the literature that comes with the thing describes its purpose as allowing you to find your bag more easily; no priority is discussed. I would quote the exact text, but it's already pretty far down in my trash can.
Something to the effect of:

You're one of our most valued customers and we want to make sure we can identify your bags as special so put these tags on so we know that the bag belongs to a valuable customer.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:35 pm
Used to be 'joony'

Programs: General Member!
Got mine in the mail last week, feels flimsier than I expected it to be. Can't complain for free I suppose...
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, GE
Mine came a week after emailing 1K desk. I will assume that the quantity should be 1. Not sure why I was expecting 2.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 4:47 am

So far very impress with the yellow handle, I appears, EWR,IHA, IAD, DFW, RDU, got the memo!!! Keep up the superior work you do!! Trust me we love it and brag about you guys to friends and family specially when we know the extra efforts you make under extreme weather conditions,
Old Feb 4, 2014, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by nevansm
Worked great in MKE last night. Was sitting beside belt like it was last on and brought up to jetway personally before any other bags. Got looks from other pax and a big "Thank you for choosing united tonight Mr. Nevans!" from the ga who was helping with the bags. She was great! ^^^

This type of positive attitude from the people on the ground that actually make things happen is what business is all about! Can't thank them enough for the hard work they do day in and day out ! ^
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat
I emailed 1K Voice asking for a bag handle (I'm a new 1K) and was told they don't have any. Since it seems other people are getting them, should I try emailing again, or is there a better way? Has anyone else been told that they're out?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by P50sundevil
I emailed 1K Voice asking for a bag handle (I'm a new 1K) and was told they don't have any. Since it seems other people are getting them, should I try emailing again, or is there a better way? Has anyone else been told that they're out?
They don't have any left??????? What, the mould broke so they can't make more, the sweatshops in Asia are out of business??? Thats ridiculous
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Saturday at EWR - 3rd from last. Every other UAEX station I fly into now, it's either the first one delivered or it's delivered separately ahead of the rest of the bags.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Just got another one in the mail yesterday. (I had to request one last year). Seems the same except the "united" logo seemed to have been glued/sewn on a little crooked.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: UA: MM
So what happens if you're not 1K anymore?

After three years of 1K (and CO PL before that) my travel went to nothing last year. I managed to make silver by the skin of my teeth. Will my wrap sefl-destruct in 30 seconds? Or will they rip it off the first time I use it (forgetting to take it off my bag)?

Or, will they change the color to red or blue and ship out a whole new pile of them to weed out the newly minted riff-raff?

FWIW
DLM

Last edited by dmunz; Feb 4, 2014 at 9:28 am Reason: spelling - of course...
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, GE
Made in China explains it all. They are all off for lunar New Years celebrations.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat
I was told "they are currently not issuing wraps, but that they might run the promotion later in the year."

Then how is if that other people are receiving them?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
They don't have any left??????? What, the mould broke so they can't make more, the sweatshops in Asia are out of business??? Thats ridiculous
Skymall went out of business.

http://www.skymall.com/personalized-...lebase&pnr=24R

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.