Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by davidviolin
How did you request it? I've requested it few weeks ago, and told they dont do it for 2014 anymore and there are none left.

I have been 1K for many a year but didn't get one last year. So I requested through 1K voice twice and the second time it worked. Arrived yesterday. I fly a LOT of regionals so hopefully it will be of some benefit.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by davidviolin
How did you request it? I've requested it few weeks ago, and told they dont do it for 2014 anymore and there are none left.
Email 1kvoice - I got mine today after requesting it about a week ago. Initially they wanted to send me baggage tags.....
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA
Coincidentally, I first read this thread two weeks ago because I didn't know anything about it, then my tag showed up the next day! I've gone on three MRs and carry only a backback, so I put the handle on the top. In the 12 segments I've flown since, I've seen three people with personal carry-ons with the handle. Showoffs.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by Novemurr
Coincidentally, I first read this thread two weeks ago because I didn't know anything about it, then my tag showed up the next day! I've gone on three MRs and carry only a backback, so I put the handle on the top. In the 12 segments I've flown since, I've seen three people with personal carry-ons with the handle. Showoffs.
This practice is quite annoying to me. Are people really showing off that they are 1k/GS? I have seen yellow wraps on SO many backpacks it is ridiculous. Do they not understand what the wraps are for???
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: UA MP Gold, 1MM, Global Entry
IAD-ATL on 2/17, bag was #2 (#1 and #3 did not have yellow handles so no telling if it was luck or intent by ramp agent). This is the first time in a dozen RJ's that my bag was near first delivered so the optimist in me will give UA the benefit of the doubt.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by hookthem
This practice is quite annoying to me. Are people really showing off that they are 1k/GS? I have seen yellow wraps on SO many backpacks it is ridiculous. Do they not understand what the wraps are for???
Officially, according to United, they are for 1K/GS to quickly identify their own bag.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by hookthem
Backpacks (personal item size) is certainly DYKWIA behavior.

If you see it on a roller mainline, of course, it is likely that bag connected on UX where the bag was gate checked - they original intent of course.

I do remove mine from my roller on mainline as they are getting sold for 100 USD on ebay.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Officially, according to United, they are for 1K/GS to quickly identify their own bag.
Unofficially, according to FTer's, they are for 1K/GS WANNA-BEE'S to quickly identify the DYKWIA BIGGER SHOTS!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
My last three trips through Houston in the last 3 weeks on RJ's, the baggage guys have made a point to grab my bag of the rack and walk it over to me before anyone else gets their bags. This is a change I like.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:52 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I do remove mine from my roller on mainline as they are getting sold for 100 USD on ebay.
I remove mine when I have to check (not gate check) my roller to minimize the chance of loss.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I had to look it up on ebay to make sure you were joking. Can't believe all the toiletry bags for sale!

...you were joking, right?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by chavala
I had to look it up on ebay to make sure you were joking. Can't believe all the toiletry bags for sale!

...you were joking, right?
Me too.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
My wife's yellow handled bag was dropped from the top of the conveyor belt to the ground and left there until the cart was full and I pointed it out to the baggage handler who retrieved it and sheepishly handed it to us.

The zipper to the outside pocket was ripped off it.

That was our only RJ trip in the past year...
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:40 pm

Trying out my yellow handle for the first time tomorrow: IAH-OKC

Last edited by rej22222; Feb 20, 2014 at 8:28 am
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Unofficially, according to FTer's, they are for 1K/GS WANNA-BEE'S to quickly identify the DYKWIA BIGGER SHOTS!
Bad enough that it doesn't always work, I have to feel guilty about using it also!

Had another trip where I needed the roller, first off at O'Hare, near the end at LEX. Actually got fussed at a little by the ramp guy for not being right at the door for my first off bag, I had lined up down the jetway in order of de-boarding like a good non-DYKWIA person. LEX bags are handled by a contractor that also services bags and check in for AA. I am more and more convinced that much of the inconsistency reported here is due to UAX's use of different contractors at different stations with varying degrees of responsiveness to United's customer service hopes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.