Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PTahCha
If both sectors are on UA, then yes.
Actually, when coming back to the US, the second segment does not have to be on UA, only the International long haul has to be Polaris Business which only happens on UA. But there is a need for another segment to be able to get back inside security.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bluepig1
Flying MEL-LAX later this week in Polaris, then connecting to ORD. GS phone agent said Polaris Lounge would not be available for arrivals (“departures only”), which conflicts with the wiki on this thread. Will I be able to visit the Polaris Lounge as as an arrival visitor?
GS phone agent was wrong
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: Asiana Club

This would be where I would hang out all day watching planes if I could.

Originally Posted by DELee
And your impressions/feedback?

David
As it is my first experience with Polaris Lounge, I was very impressed. The space is small, less than half the size of Newark, but I loved the views of the tarmac. There is no outdoor seating area like United Club or Star Alliance lounge at TBIT, but still an impressive lounge. The food was good. It wasn't hot, but good. Lots of choices. I was there for breakfast. The dining area seats about 16 people. The staff were very nice. Look for John. He gave me lots of insight into the place. Only two rest areas.

As it is the only lounge at LAX I've ever been in, I have no context to compare to others. In my opinion, it's great.

with sights and sounds of the preview.

Originally Posted by narvik
Didn't happen....if no pictures!

Me in the dayroom.

Entrance next to Wolfgang Pucks.

Lounge area

I'll one up you. Here is a
I pieced together of the lounge.
narvik, jb64 and tstauck like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 16, 2019 at 5:47 pm Reason: m
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Noticed & remembered the green/red light LEDs on the bathroom doors > a nice touch!
No more running into locked doors....
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:07 am

LAX Polaris lounge

I am flying transcontinental from LAX to EWR Polaris cabin on the 787-10, can I enter the Polaris lounge prior to departure?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by stotastan
I am flying transcontinental from LAX to EWR Polaris cabin on the 787-10, can I enter the Polaris lounge prior to departure?
Sorry, but the answer is no. You can only access the Polaris Lounges on international long hauls.

To be more specific, access to Polaris Lounges is granted for passengers departing the US to Asia, Europe and some airports in the south of South America; EZE, SCL, GRU, GIG and LIM. Departing the US from an airport with Polaris Lounge, you can also access that Polaris Lounge if you are flying on a Star Alliance plane. Returning to the US, you have to fly United metal.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Jan 18, 2019 at 11:15 am
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:13 am

Thanks, thats what I was afraid of.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Easy way to tell is if the cabin is actually marketed as Polaris on the route. It’s marketed as Business EWR-LAX. Same cabin would be marketed as First HNL-LAX. United doesn’t consider it a Polaris cabin unless it’s a Polaris route. You still get UC access.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
You still get UC access and the LAX one is probably the best in the U.S. Outdoor patio too!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:16 pm

For those who have been to both, is the UC worth still going to due to the outdoor patio if you have Polaris access? Or just stay in Polaris?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by nas527
For those who have been to both, is the UC worth still going to due to the outdoor patio if you have Polaris access? Or just stay in Polaris?
Best way to say this - they provide different experiences.

If you have the time, do both.

If you want a Polaris Lounge, go there.

If you want one of the better domestic UC's, give it a try.

David
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
If you have the time, do both.
And the *A lounge at TBIT
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17
And the *A lounge at TBIT
If you have even more time, you can visit a third lounge! (but it is in a separate terminal from the one where not the UC and the PL are located...)

David
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
If you have even more time, you can visit a third lounge! (but it is in a separate terminal from the one where not the UC and the PL are located...)

David
More like.. if you feel in need of two miles of walking to exercise before your flight
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
More like.. if you feel in need of two miles of walking to exercise before your flight
Well, you could call an Uber/Lyft/taxi and have them take you around complex - and back...and/or you could hop the terminal connections bus as well if you want to go to/from the *Alliance lounge in TBIT. And have to clear security two or more times.

Back to the thread's topic, the UC and the Polaris Lounge are both in Terminal 7, so you'd only have to clear security once.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.