Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by seat38a
Is the lunch/dinner items served all day? Unless I've missed it, I'm not seeing a start time for lunch/dinner on the menu. Only that breakfast items are avail till 11.
I can't speak to LAX schedules, but about 2 weeks ago I got to the EWR Polaris lounge at about 10:30 AM while they were still serving breakfast. I asked one of the very personable attendants if I could get lunch and she said that I would have to wait.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by 1kBill
I can't speak to LAX schedules, but about 2 weeks ago I got to the EWR Polaris lounge at about 10:30 AM while they were still serving breakfast. I asked one of the very personable attendants if I could get lunch and she said that I would have to wait.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:40 am

Does Polaris in T7 offer the $59 day pass? Or is that United Club only?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:49 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Does Polaris in T7 offer the $59 day pass? ...
No purchasable day passes for Polaris Lounges
cheaptom likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
LAX Polaris Lounge Menus Late August 2019

Breakfast choices

Light Bites and lunch/dinner choices. The lamb chops were perfectly seasoned, although overdone to my taste.

Dessert choices

White & rose wines

Sparkling wines

Red wines

More red wines

Service was excellent, in particular by the young woman who served me (and now I forget her name! ) . It was so good that I had to mention this to the woman at the lounge entrance as I was leaving.
thejaredhuang likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:46 pm

We went here today and it was totally worth the walk from TBIT. We took the circuitous route inside the building to avoid the smog and heat outside.

The *A lounge was very crowded at about 10:45 am and had mediocre options. There was a sad breakfast bar of yogurt, fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage and breakfast potatoes plus an udon bar with many empty containers. We made a half-hearted attempt to eat a few bites and then abandoned our food and made the trek to Polaris.

After we sat in the Dining Room, I noticed every table was taken (although most were only 1 guest per table). Our party of 4 (two kids) ordered tuna poke nachos (NOT a good poke, as tuna was far too "cooked" and lacked the ruby red color of true poke), artichoke (it's a 1/2 artichoke and was decent), the spaetzle (not enough pancetta but decent dish), Korean beef bimbimbap (pretty good for an airport lounge with an over-easy fried egg), seafood boil (a great choice), and lamb chops (only 2 chops and way over-cooked). FWIW, we had multiple small plates and entrees. When my teen and I realized the poke was disappointing, we ordered the spaetzle. When my tween noticed her lamb chops were over-cooked, she ordered a bimbimbap. My hungry teen also ordered a second entree after she finished the bimbimbap and had the seafood boil (plus food from the buffet!). I warned them we'll still have food on our SQ flight but they had a great time enjoying this lounge

I had the champagne while my husband got the Malbec. Attentive service in the dining room and we were prepared to wait much longer than we did. I think it was maybe 15 minutes or so? I overheard a few guests mention they were on a tight timeline and their food came much more quickly.

I didn't bother with the buffet but I did enjoy a hot shower. This is a lovely lounge for any J or F class *A travelers!
tstauck likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by smiles33

Our party of 4 (two kids) ordered tuna poke nachos (NOT a good poke, as tuna was far too "cooked" and lacked the ruby red color of true poke)ers!
Poke is a seafood that really needs to be eaten fresh and not previously frozen. Freezing not only will change the color but more importantly changes the taste and texture in a not very good way.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:44 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As this is the UA forum and not Wine Spectator / Wine Advocate / .... , some discussion of wines offered by UA on the ground or in the air is to be expected but a wide-ranging discussion of non-UA wines and some perceived preferences based on their alcoholic % or general regional origin are best elsewhere and not in the UA forum. Recent OT postings have been removed.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
PacificStandTime likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Poke is a seafood that really needs to be eaten fresh and not previously frozen. Freezing not only will change the color but more importantly changes the taste and texture in a not very good way.
I know! We travel to Maui every year and love our poke bowls from Eskimo Candy in Kihei. I think we naively assumed United Polaris would have fresh, high quality fish and make poke daily. I don't know why they put poke on their menu if they couldn't provide a top quality product. As soon as I saw it, I was reluctant to take a bite because it wasn't translucent and brightly colored. Instead, it had a weird grayish tinge to the color. Once I took a bite, I realized the texture was just wrong. The fried chips were fresh and tasty, but that was the only redeeming quality. Avoid ordering it at the Dining Room!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Considering an award which would be AKL-LAX-SFO.

The LAX-SFO is in economy, the AKL-LAX would be in J.

3 hours at LAX, would I be eligible for the PL there?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by wco81
Considering an award which would be AKL-LAX-SFO.

The LAX-SFO is in economy, the AKL-LAX would be in J.

3 hours at LAX, would I be eligible for the PL there?
No. No lounge access at all in LAX unless *G, and even then no Polaris Lounge access since you are not arriving in Polaris.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:31 am
Suspended

Star Alliance J award arrival doesn't qualify for PL, only departure?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Correct, Polaris Lounge access for *A J (award or paid) at departure airport only.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:08 pm

It's stupid, but that's correct:

Read wiki: Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Read website: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html "Long-haul international business class on a Star Alliance member airline......Customers may only access a United Polaris lounge at the departure airport for their international business class flight."
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Oh well, I guess United Club then.

Or hang out at *A lounge before making way to Terminal 7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.