Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Club member/one-time pass access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations. Admittance to United Club locations is permitted only at the departure and arrival airports for United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner operated flights.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...e/default.aspx

"Contracted partner" appears to refer to non *A partners and those flights will need to be on a UA ticket to qualify.
*A partner flights also qualify even if not on a UA ticket.

"Admittance to United Club locations is permitted only at the departure and arrival airports for United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner operated flights" appears to mean that passengers are only permitted to access the United Club at the airport(s) at which their same-day flight either arrives or departs.

This requirement also applies to guest(s).

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This thread has had two parallel discussions, which will become even more confusing as the new UC access policy is implemented, so the original thread has been split into two separate threads.

Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner) will be for the discussion of if UA should offer an exception to the new UC access policy (only with same day BP with UA or partners) for Lifetime United Club members.

This thread will continue as the discussion thread for the base policy and issues in its implementation. But please discuss the lifetime membership concerns in the other thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Related thread Starting 18 Aug 2016: United Club Access (including members) Only w/ Same-Day BP
Print Wikipost

Club member/one-time pass access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Besides DEN, EWR C74, ORD B6 and SFO E-too small, what other UCs are getting out of hand with demand?

David
Are you thinking ORD C20? I havent seen ORD B6 get to standing room only / sitting on floor status.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by fumje
Are you thinking ORD C20? I havent seen ORD B6 get to standing room only / sitting on floor status.
I've seen it bad in B6 but, yeah, C20 UC gets full because of the distance back to any of the B clubs from Concourse C.

David
Old May 16, 2022, 2:32 pm

UC access on arrival

Aloha! I've seen conflicting information/stories about whether or not folks can utilize the United Club on arrival without any onward connections if they have a membership. I have plenty of trips where I connect from XXX-HNL and then switch over to Southwest for my onward connection to Hilo (it's often significantly cheaper - don't judge me!) and I always skip going to the club because I assumed I'd be denied access. After seeing some posts here, I believe that the official rule is that I should have access with my arriving boarding pass, however I know that what happens in reality often doesn't match policy. Can anyone clarify that they've successfully used the club on arrival with no onward connections?

Mahalo nui!
Old May 16, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
As long as the United boarding pass is same day, you should be able to use it, I often stop in the UC after arrival with no onward connection
Old May 16, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, HH-Gold, MR - Gold, HY-Explorist
Can't speak directly to the HNL club and whether they follow the posted rules, but I have stopped into a club many times in various spots across the domestic network to use a bathrrom or grab a drink or snack before heading out of the airport and have never been questioned with a club membership. That also applies for if you are traveling as an elite passenger on an international itinerary. The only time that arrival usage appears to be excluded is when your club access is based off being in a premium class on a Star Alliance (not United metal) flight and you are not elite or have a club membership. https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
I have lounge membership... if I bring a guest, does the guest have to have a United ticket?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 31, 2022 at 10:45 am Reason: moved to subject thread
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by miasmal
I have lounge membership... if I bring a guest, does the guest have to have a United ticket?
From https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html (emphasis added)

Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by miasmal
Yeah - they scan BPs of members and their guests.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:13 pm

Access to LAX United Club

United Lounge Pass Rule: "United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders must provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star AllianceTM or a contracted partner operated flight for entry into all United Club locations."

First leg of PDX-BKK flight is with Alaska & arrives @ LAX at 7pm, but my connecting EVA flight to TPE leaves at 12:05 am. I would like to use my United Club lounge pass before that flight. However, although EVA is Star Alliance member, Alaska is not. Will I still be allowed to use my pass for that lounge? PDX-LAX is on EVA ticket. Does that count as a "contracted partner operated flight"? TIA!

Last edited by Simon Sky; Oct 24, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Old Oct 24, 2023, 5:01 pm

Eva plane on LAX-TPE fulfills the star alliance flight same day requirement.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
Eva plane on LAX-TPE fulfills the star alliance flight same day requirement.
How so, given that my EVA flight leaves the next day at 12:05 am? Does my earlier Alaska flight from PDX to LAX (bought on my EVA ticket) count as a "contracted partner operated flight"? TIA!
Old Oct 24, 2023, 5:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Simon Sky
How so, given that my EVA flight leaves the next day at 12:05 am? ...
Beleive up to 1 or 2 AM count for the previous day
*Alounge access counts up to 5AM but not sure UA applies *A rules to One Time Passes (OTPs)

Does my earlier Alaska flight from PDX to LAX (bought on my EVA ticket) count as a "contracted partner operated flight"? TIA!
No
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 6:27 pm

Beleive up to 1 or 2 AM count for the previous day
*Alounge access counts up to 5AM but not sure UA applies *A rules to One Time Passes (OTPs)

No
Great, thanks. Cannot find that information anywhere on United's site or anywhere else on web.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 6:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Great, thanks. Cannot find that information anywhere on United's site or anywhere else on web.
There is a lot not on the web, that is what FT is for
Old Oct 24, 2023, 10:06 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
There is a lot not on the web, that is what FT is for
And it is hard for front line employees, too.
Simon Sky likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.