Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Club member/one-time pass access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance™ or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations. Admittance to United Club locations is permitted only at the departure and arrival airports for United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner operated flights.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...e/default.aspx

"Contracted partner" appears to refer to non *A partners and those flights will need to be on a UA ticket to qualify.
*A partner flights also qualify even if not on a UA ticket.

"Admittance to United Club locations is permitted only at the departure and arrival airports for United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner operated flights" appears to mean that passengers are only permitted to access the United Club at the airport(s) at which their same-day flight either arrives or departs.

This requirement also applies to guest(s).

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This thread has had two parallel discussions, which will become even more confusing as the new UC access policy is implemented, so the original thread has been split into two separate threads.

Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner) will be for the discussion of if UA should offer an exception to the new UC access policy (only with same day BP with UA or partners) for Lifetime United Club members.

This thread will continue as the discussion thread for the base policy and issues in its implementation. But please discuss the lifetime membership concerns in the other thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Related thread Starting 18 Aug 2016: United Club Access (including members) Only w/ Same-Day BP
Print Wikipost

Club member/one-time pass access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Old Mar 4, 2024, 9:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
Does the UC member access need a Star Alliance flight from that airport? I've got MSP-SEA (DL) then ANA to HND the same day - I think I'll have access? Also 1K and in J if that matters.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United747
Does the UC member access need a Star Alliance flight from that airport? I've got MSP-SEA (DL) then ANA to HND the same day - I think I'll have access? Also 1K and in J if that matters.
The policy here https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...ge-access.html says
You will need a valid United Club membership, and same-day boarding pass for travel on a United, Star Alliance, or contracted partner operated flight. You can bring two adult guests, or one adult guest and dependent children under the age of 21.
I suspect they would not admit at MSP, although the language doesn't actually say the Star Alliance boarding pass has to depart from that airport for club members. So maybe try it out and tell us what happens. I doubt this comes up very often.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by United747
From the T&Cs: "Admittance to United Club locations is permitted only at the departure and arrival airports for United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner operated flights." Based on the rules, it would be a no
Old Mar 4, 2024, 9:13 pm

I'm not sure why in recent years they've moved from prominently displaying the full T&Cs in a very visible way to hiding them in hard-to-find places. Very annoying, but here they are:

https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/uni...onditions.html
Old Mar 4, 2024, 9:25 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
Originally Posted by fumje
The policy here https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...ge-access.html says

I suspect they would not admit at MSP, although the language doesn't actually say the Star Alliance boarding pass has to depart from that airport for club members. So maybe try it out and tell us what happens. I doubt this comes up very often.
Originally Posted by unitedwildcat
From the T&Cs: "Admittance to United Club locations is permitted only at the departure and arrival airports for United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner operated flights." Based on the rules, it would be a no
Thank you both! The part that fumje linked is what was tripping me up since it doesn't mention departing or arriving at that airport, whereas the *G portion does. But the full T&Cs seem much more clear.

Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if the MSP folks let me in anyway - I'm there pretty often and they're great (it will be me second or third visit that week...)
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:51 am

Can I use my free United Club passes at Philadelphia airport if I am taking a different airline? Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by marlin
Can I use my free United Club passes at Philadelphia airport if I am taking a different airline? Thanks!
only if it’s a star alliance airline
marlin and SPN Lifer like this.
Old May 22, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
HNL United Club

I am planning a trip next March. I have United Club membership via the Chase United Club card. I will be flying to HNL on UA, then, a few days after arrival, flying HNL-OGG on Hawaiian Airlines, but on 016 ticket stock. Will DW and I be allowed into the HNL United Club for the HNL-OGG flight? I am also Gold.

TIA!!
Old May 22, 2024, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Will DW and I be allowed into the HNL United Club for the HNL-OGG flight? I am also Gold.
No.
Old May 22, 2024, 11:41 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
...., a few days after arrival, ...
That's the rub, if it had been the same day, no problem. But an non-*A flight with no same day *A flight, it is a no.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.