Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Corporate Preferred (upgrade tiebreaker) / new 'preferred' seating section

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Airlines Strengthens Commitment to Top Corporate Customers with Launch of United Corporate Preferred

New exclusive program provides multi-level benefits to airline's top business travelers

SAN DIEGO, Aug. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today debuted United Corporate Preferred, the industry's newest corporate travel program designed to offer top travel benefits to the airline's most loyal business customers. United announced the new program this morning at the Global Business Traveler Association (GBTA) Convention in San Diego.

United Corporate Preferred is a new and exclusive benefits program that provides added perks for the airline's top corporate customers. A multi-level program, United Corporate Preferred offers escalating benefits at three levels, including United Corporate Preferred, United Corporate Preferred Plus and United Corporate Preferred Elite. Eligibility for the new program is determined by a corporation's contract status, revenue contribution and loyalty with United. Eligible corporate agreements include United corporate share agreements, United PassPlus and United Meetings.

"Every day thousands of road warriors are jetting off on United to work events and business meetings all over the world," said Jake Cefolia, United's senior vice president of Worldwide Sales. "We designed our United Corporate Preferred program with the customer's entire travel experience in mind, from booking to landing, to identify opportunities to show our appreciation to our loyal business customers with a program that offers extra perks and travel benefits."

Benefits offered to all United Corporate Preferred customers include:
• Preferred upgrades – tie-breaker preferences for upgrades.
• Preferred standby – prioritization when traveling on standby for a different flight and when waitlisting for a seat in a different cabin or booking class.
• Operational adjustment protection – protection during travel interruptions, as well as seat protection to retain the same or similar seat in the event of an aircraft swap.
• Preferred discounts and offers – eligibility to receive exclusive promotions offered by both United and its partners in the near future.

Customers in the airline's new United Corporate Preferred Elite level will also receive the following:
• Additional travel waiver flexibility – when United has a travel waiver in place, customers will receive additional flexibility to adjust their travel beyond restrictions in place on the standard waiver.
• Preferred boarding – later this year, customers will receive priority boarding in group two.
• Preferred seating – later this year, customers will have access to book designated standard economy seats closer to the front of the plane.

To receive these benefits, tickets must be flown on United or United Express flights, reservations must include the customer's corporate account number at the time of booking, and the travel must be for the corporate customer's business. Companies invited to participate in United Corporate Preferred will receive a tailored webpage with information on benefits eligible to their employees. For more information on the program, visit unitedcorporatepreferred.com.
What benefits do United Corporate Preferred travelers receive?
Specific benefits are listed below. Being a multi-level program, within each benefit in tie-breaker scenarios, United Corporate Preferred Elite travelers receive the highest priority, followed by United Corporate Preferred Plus and then United Corporate Preferred.
Preferred seating FAQs

Originally Posted by alanstar
, the $9 "preferred seating" are available for free at T-24 check-in.
Refunds:
UA says
Refunds for preferred seating purchases are processed automatically after scheduled departure in the event of flight cancellation change, when travel is completed in a standard United Economy seat, or when travel is completed in a seat of equal or greater value through the purchase of a premium cabin seating offer.
and
In the event of a ticket refund or cancellation, preferred seating purchases will be automatically refunded.
If you decide to change your flight, your preferred seating purchase will be automatically refunded. If the ticket is partially used at the time of the change, only the value of unused preferred seating will be refunded.
Preferred seats access for elites
MileagePlus Premier® members will receive access to preferred seating, where available, at no additional cost.
Appears to be for entire PNR and not limited like E+ elite access.

Preferred seat refunds (changed flights, upgraded, purchased E+, ...)

Print Wikipost

New Corporate Preferred (upgrade tiebreaker) / new 'preferred' seating section

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
My dad is flying on a 753. Seat 35A and F I *thought* were regular economy seats, but they actually turned out to be preferred. I applied an RPU for him, and if it that clears, is this fee refundable? I know it is for e+, just not sure how much UA differentiates this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: Delta FO
Does buying preferred seat get better boarding priority?

Haven't flown United in a long time. I bought a "preferred seat," and just wondering if that comes with a better boarding group than if I was randomly assigned that seat or if I need to buy Premier Access for that. Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spec
Haven't flown United in a long time. I bought a "preferred seat," and just wondering if that comes with a better boarding group than if I was randomly assigned that seat or if I need to buy Premier Access for that. Thanks.
No advantage to the preferred seat, other than the seat itself, I believe.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Those that qualified for "free" preferred seats, do receive Premier Access. But if you purchase "preferred seats", believe you do not receive Premier Access. You don't if you purchase E+ access.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I bought a "preferred seat,
By the way, just a general comment on United's definition of "preferred": I'd personally not consider all the seats that United offers as "preferred" to be preferable to some other seats that do not require additional payment.
The preferred seats tend to be closer to the front of the plane, but some of those preferred seats are middle seats, and I'd much rather have an aisle or windows seat further back in the plane than a middle seat a few rows further up front.
I guess those middle seats would [somewhat] make sense if traveling not alone.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
If I have +3 on my reservation as a Premier Gold, select preferred seats for all of us, then split the reservation 2/2 to move 2 of us to E+, will the preferred seats for the other 2 stick? If there is an equipment swap will they be lost? If they are lost, probability of getting them reassigned after splitting the reservation?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by bloc0102
If I have +3 on my reservation as a Premier Gold, select preferred seats for all of us, then split the reservation 2/2 to move 2 of us to E+, will the preferred seats for the other 2 stick? If there is an equipment swap will they be lost? If they are lost, probability of getting them reassigned after splitting the reservation?
I was looking into this today for a possible upcoming family trip. It doesn’t look like you need to split the reservation. At booking, just put 2 people into E+ and the remainder into preferred seating for free. Can’t speak to the other questions.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by NJDevils26
I was looking into this today for a possible upcoming family trip. It doesn’t look like you need to split the reservation. At booking, just put 2 people into E+ and the remainder into preferred seating for free. Can’t speak to the other questions.
Nice! However, with 4 on the PNR, no one will be eligible for a CPU and the split PNR will not have free SDC. I'll probably just keep it together and not worry. Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by NJDevils26
FWIW - I was unable to do this online. However, I called in and the agent did it without issue. There was a note online that said I was eligible for E+ for me +1 OR Preferred seating for me +8.
Old May 30, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Currently UA Silver. Have a flight later this week (first in 14 months!) with my daughters and trying to change seats. However, website and app are showing that I have to pay for preferred seats which is unexpected. Anyone encountered this? Is this a glitch? Only showing fees for outbound in 4 days, return a few days later still shows no charge.
Old May 30, 2021, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Currently UA Silver. Have a flight later this week (first in 14 months!) with my daughters and trying to change seats. However, website and app are showing that I have to pay for preferred seats which is unexpected. Anyone encountered this? Is this a glitch? Only showing fees for outbound in 4 days, return a few days later still shows no charge.
If you just select and go through to confirm, does it actually demand payment?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fumje
If you just select and go through to confirm, does it actually demand payment?
It did. Showed a fee for each seat, when I went to select, showed the payment screen. Didn't go any further. Was able to get them assigned via Twitter support, but they were unable to tell me why that happened. Random website glitch, I suppose.
Old May 31, 2021, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
It did. Showed a fee for each seat, when I went to select, showed the payment screen. Didn't go any further. Was able to get them assigned via Twitter support, but they were unable to tell me why that happened. Random website glitch, I suppose.
Huh, sounded like it might be the old E+ fee bug, but maybe with them updating the payment screens it's become more "grabby".
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:13 pm

Why did I get Priority boarding?

I haven’t flown United for years, but used to have status for a short period of time. I don’t have a United credit card and bought an economy ticket (E) but got priority boarding in Group 2. I do have TSA preCheck, is that why I was in priority boarding? Or is this just a random thing United does once in a while?

I’m interested because it’s one reason I don’t fly United more often, without status I’m unlikely to get a spot for my bag in the overhead boarding in Group 5.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Did you purchase E+ access with Premier Access bundle?

At one time some fares included Premier Access
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.