Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Corporate Preferred (upgrade tiebreaker) / new 'preferred' seating section

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Airlines Strengthens Commitment to Top Corporate Customers with Launch of United Corporate Preferred

New exclusive program provides multi-level benefits to airline's top business travelers

SAN DIEGO, Aug. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today debuted United Corporate Preferred, the industry's newest corporate travel program designed to offer top travel benefits to the airline's most loyal business customers. United announced the new program this morning at the Global Business Traveler Association (GBTA) Convention in San Diego.

United Corporate Preferred is a new and exclusive benefits program that provides added perks for the airline's top corporate customers. A multi-level program, United Corporate Preferred offers escalating benefits at three levels, including United Corporate Preferred, United Corporate Preferred Plus and United Corporate Preferred Elite. Eligibility for the new program is determined by a corporation's contract status, revenue contribution and loyalty with United. Eligible corporate agreements include United corporate share agreements, United PassPlus and United Meetings.

"Every day thousands of road warriors are jetting off on United to work events and business meetings all over the world," said Jake Cefolia, United's senior vice president of Worldwide Sales. "We designed our United Corporate Preferred program with the customer's entire travel experience in mind, from booking to landing, to identify opportunities to show our appreciation to our loyal business customers with a program that offers extra perks and travel benefits."

Benefits offered to all United Corporate Preferred customers include:
• Preferred upgrades – tie-breaker preferences for upgrades.
• Preferred standby – prioritization when traveling on standby for a different flight and when waitlisting for a seat in a different cabin or booking class.
• Operational adjustment protection – protection during travel interruptions, as well as seat protection to retain the same or similar seat in the event of an aircraft swap.
• Preferred discounts and offers – eligibility to receive exclusive promotions offered by both United and its partners in the near future.

Customers in the airline's new United Corporate Preferred Elite level will also receive the following:
• Additional travel waiver flexibility – when United has a travel waiver in place, customers will receive additional flexibility to adjust their travel beyond restrictions in place on the standard waiver.
• Preferred boarding – later this year, customers will receive priority boarding in group two.
• Preferred seating – later this year, customers will have access to book designated standard economy seats closer to the front of the plane.

To receive these benefits, tickets must be flown on United or United Express flights, reservations must include the customer's corporate account number at the time of booking, and the travel must be for the corporate customer's business. Companies invited to participate in United Corporate Preferred will receive a tailored webpage with information on benefits eligible to their employees. For more information on the program, visit unitedcorporatepreferred.com.
What benefits do United Corporate Preferred travelers receive?
Specific benefits are listed below. Being a multi-level program, within each benefit in tie-breaker scenarios, United Corporate Preferred Elite travelers receive the highest priority, followed by United Corporate Preferred Plus and then United Corporate Preferred.
Preferred seating FAQs

Originally Posted by alanstar
, the $9 "preferred seating" are available for free at T-24 check-in.
Refunds:
UA says
Refunds for preferred seating purchases are processed automatically after scheduled departure in the event of flight cancellation change, when travel is completed in a standard United Economy seat, or when travel is completed in a seat of equal or greater value through the purchase of a premium cabin seating offer.
and
In the event of a ticket refund or cancellation, preferred seating purchases will be automatically refunded.
If you decide to change your flight, your preferred seating purchase will be automatically refunded. If the ticket is partially used at the time of the change, only the value of unused preferred seating will be refunded.
Preferred seats access for elites
MileagePlus Premier® members will receive access to preferred seating, where available, at no additional cost.
Appears to be for entire PNR and not limited like E+ elite access.

Preferred seat refunds (changed flights, upgraded, purchased E+, ...)

Print Wikipost

New Corporate Preferred (upgrade tiebreaker) / new 'preferred' seating section

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
How long until the middle seats are declassified as preferred seats? DL figured this out a long time ago. I give it under a year.

-RM
I think it depends on aircraft type/is already implemented as you state. My parents’ flight in March 2019 has their middle seats as non-preferred despite being far up in front of the economy section, but not in the E+ seating area yet. Their seats are classified as preferred as well as some rows behind them.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:50 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I'll take it. With status, I don't expect I'll ever have to pay for the seats. I also think that as aircraft like the CRJ and ERJ, that don't really have an E+, that these preferred will be the last to be filled. Probably means that I've just increased my chance of having an empty next to me...Which is a big deal on the CRJ, IMhO.
drewguy likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by narvik
In the comment section; this struck me as rather pertinent:

"So soon the economy choices at @United will be...

Basic Economy
Economy
Economy Preferred Seating
Economy Plus
Premium Plus

So tell me which Jane/Joe Doe flyer can differentiate these without a bunch of research. "
As I noted yesterday, we need a standard FT abbreviation like Eo or maybe Eps? Suggestions???
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
As I noted yesterday, we need a standard FT abbreviation like Eo or maybe Eps? Suggestions???
Y-uck?

David
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:28 am

E.

Then we'd have E+, E, and E-. Or maybe E-, and then what is now E- can be E--.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I'll take it. With status, I don't expect I'll ever have to pay for the seats. I also think that as aircraft like the CRJ and ERJ, that don't really have an E+, that these preferred will be the last to be filled. Probably means that I've just increased my chance of having an empty next to me...Which is a big deal on the CRJ, IMhO.
May benefit silvers, who can't get E+ until 24 hours. It will limit access to the better non-E+ seats, but they're available at booking to all elites. All other elites will of course choose E+ if available, meaning these are good for silvers (who can of course move up still at T-24).
8MiHi likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by prometa
E.

E/ to reflect the black corner.
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by prometa
E.

But single E is confusing and doesn't reflect the premium (haha) nature of the seat. Granted, Eo doesn't either!
Originally Posted by drewguy
E/ to reflect the black corner.
That looks good to me!!! So E- E/ E+ PP
drewguy likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:07 am

That looks good to me!!! So E- E/ E+ PP
Although as I look at it that way I worry it could cause confusion between E/E+ and E/ E+, so offer up the alternative E#.

Popular usage to govern!
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
T me they are simply E- with a charge.
drewguy and Kacee like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Email just came through. Apparently as a Silver I can choose these economy seats for free with up to 8 companions! Also confirms that they will be offered for sale.

Moderator edit. Per privacy deleted link containing member info.
drewguy likes this.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Dec 18, 2018 at 10:38 am
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
I don't know if it is related but on the My trips tab there is a link to "Choose your preferred seat", but that might mean the seat I prefer, not a "Preferred Seat". FWIW I am able to choose one for free as Silver.
That language has been in place since the latest iteration of the website and I think it's intended to be the "seat you prefer" not a "Preferred Seat(sm)" / I don't think it's related (it also shows up for non-status passenger like Ms. LincolnJKC)
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
T me they are simply E- with a charge.
Agreed. As they are E- + $, I propose 'E$'.
jsloan, narvik and findark like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Email just came through. Apparently as a Silver I can choose these economy seats for free with up to 8 companions!
Hmm.. that actually makes me wonder if these are really going to be "great for last-minute bookings" like the email states. Given Silver's can't select E+ in advance, the obvious thing for them to do is to select these seats based on them being nearer to the front of the plane, which will significantly reduce availability. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy that Silver gets access to better seats given they don't get E+, but I just wonder how much it will negate the "last-minute" benefit.
drewguy likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by docbert
Hmm.. that actually makes me wonder if these are really going to be "great for last-minute bookings" like the email states. Given Silver's can't select E+ in advance, the obvious thing for them to do is to select these seats based on them being nearer to the front of the plane, which will significantly reduce availability. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy that Silver gets access to better seats given they don't get E+, but I just wonder how much it will negate the "last-minute" benefit.
Also not sure about the last minute benefit. Seats always open up last minute whether its E+, E-, E preferred or whatever because people get upgraded or cancel. And maybe they open this up to Chase cardholders too like priority boarding where Silvers were treated the same. My concern is how long till they take away E+ from Silvers altogether... Good thing I will be Gold in a couple days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.