Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

USA Lounges with UA *G / UC membership Access When Flying Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: st530
*** Note post-COVID some of these lounges are still closed
Domestic Partner Lounges that UA *G or UC Members can access:

BOS -- LH (E-terminal) Access to Lufthansa lounge in Boston as a domestic itinerary *G
DTW -- LH Lufthansa Lounge Access in DTW/Detroit
HNL-- ANA Lounge HNL - UA Discussions
EWR -- LH & SAS (B-terminal) Access to LH Lounge at EWR includes the SAS lounge
LGA -- AC Better lounge in LGA: United Club vs Maple Leaf?, UA domestic itin and LGA AC MLL ?
IAD -- LH & TK (B-term) Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [Merged] , Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge, Best IAD Lounge
ORD -- SAS (International Terminal 5) International Chicago*G Lounge
MIA -- AV, TK UA/*A gates & lounge situation at MIA (appears AV is permanently closed)
LAX -- AC T6
LAX -- *A Lounge (TBIT) Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer -- no access for UC members
SFO -- AC

Related threads
Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread
Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members?

Print Wikipost

USA Lounges with UA *G / UC membership Access When Flying Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by j2simpso
... On a side note, after a careful review of the updated *A manual, it appears that AAF airport located in Apalachicola, Florida may have a AV *Gold lounge. ...
Clearly a database error -- AAF has no scheduled commercial service and the only AV lounges in the USA are MIA and SJU. And AV does not recognize AAF in their flight search.
jsloan likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:51 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Shouldn't most of the contract lounges be removed from the list since the list is for UA*G on domestic - most likely UA metal.

Perhaps a wiki at the top of the thread with recent success/rejection could also be useful?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
Originally Posted by Kannai
I've used that disappointing lounge with a non *G guest when we were flying on TG. Didn't have a problem getting in.
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Clearly you haven't been to enough lounges stateside! The UCs in the US are a joke... this past Sunday I was at the EWR UC near Gate C73 at around 7 PM and tomatoes, celery, carrots, soup and some cupcakes were all that were on offer! Compared to the NH lounges in NRT, yes they aren't up to the standard, heck they aren't as nice as some LH lounges I've been to more recently in DTW and EWR. However, they still offered a decent selection of food, certainly enough to keep you satisfied in spite. That being said, yes, there were things that lounge didn't have like a business centre with printers, showers, massage chairs,...you get the picture. Overall, I'd give it a 7 out of 10.
Well, when I was there, there was almost nothing to eat and nowhere to sit and they weren't going around clearing up trash so sitting down meant cleaning up after the previous person. It was on a par with how the United Clubs generally were a couple years ago. Maybe like the United Clubs they've refreshed it and are doing a better job managing it these days.

For what it's worth, the ANA Lounge is only good in terms of food and drink in international terminals. In domestic terminals, they're very clean but have almost no drink options (beer, wine, whiskey, soft drinks) and just rice crackers as food. OTOH, they allow you to bring in outside food so people buy food elsewhere and bring it in to sit in the comfy chairs.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile Using LH/TK Lounges on UA Domestic Flights-HML ?

Oh Wise UA Flyertalkers,

How Much Longer (HML) ?

I recently flew DAY-IAD-SRQ-IAD-DAY on UA in S Class. I had always heard of an airport legend that UA Gold Members (or Higher) could use LH and TK lounges on purely Domestic UA Flights. I never believed it until this past weekend. On Thursday, October 29 While transiting thru Dulles, I presented my UA Platinum Mileage Plus Card and Boarding pass at the LH Lounge at Gate B45 and much to my joy I was admitted. Try doing that at a UA Polaris Club...oh wait they're closed at IAD. The LH lounge was a shadow of it's former pre-COVID glory days. No bar, no coffee, no hot food. They did have ample selection of soft drinks and juices and high end cold sandwiches and salads. On my October 31 return trip I visited the TK lounge, also in B Concourse. Again, I was admitted without incident on a mere domestic UA economy ticket. The TK Lounge was exponentially better than the LH lounge as they had the famous TK Coffee Machine, fresh juices and a full bar. While they did not have warm food, they had a great selection of sandwiches and salads.

My question to all of you Scott Kirby aficionados, how much longer will we continue to have this unique lounge benefit on purely domestic flights ? Also, what other UA Hubs does LH/TK have lounges in addition to IAD ?
SPN Lifer and grd787 like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 7, 2020 at 11:09 am Reason: Moved to existing thread
Old Nov 7, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by gpicur
Oh Wise UA Flyertalkers,

How Much Longer (HML) ?

I recently flew DAY-IAD-SRQ-IAD-DAY on UA in S Class. I had always heard of an airport legend that UA Gold Members (or Higher) could use LH and TK lounges on purely Domestic UA Flights. I never believed it until this past weekend. On Thursday, October 29 While transiting thru Dulles, I presented my UA Platinum Mileage Plus Card and Boarding pass at the LH Lounge at Gate B45 and much to my joy I was admitted. Try doing that at a UA Polaris Club...oh wait they're closed at IAD. The LH lounge was a shadow of it's former pre-COVID glory days. No bar, no coffee, no hot food. They did have ample selection of soft drinks and juices and high end cold sandwiches and salads. On my October 31 return trip I visited the TK lounge, also in B Concourse. Again, I was admitted without incident on a mere domestic UA economy ticket. The TK Lounge was exponentially better than the LH lounge as they had the famous TK Coffee Machine, fresh juices and a full bar. While they did not have warm food, they had a great selection of sandwiches and salads.

My question to all of you Scott Kirby aficionados, how much longer will we continue to have this unique lounge benefit on purely domestic flights ? Also, what other UA Hubs does LH/TK have lounges in addition to IAD ?
This is Star Alliance benefit, not UA alone. Kirby cannot Kirby it.
tstauck likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 10:29 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Do you have any reason to believe this will change?
Old Nov 9, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Pre-Covid, flying UA from IAD I would normally use *G to access the LH Sen lounge in B if I had time to do so. Occasionally, I might go to TK for food variety. I would only go to the UA lounge if time was really tight.

Post-Covid, I stay in C/D unless I have a lot of time. (And just go to the one open C UA lounge because I have a membership.) If I have lots of time, I will go to A/B and if I were *G would only go to TK (and skip LH - too bare bones). But if you have PP, I would skip both LH and TK and go to AF.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Oh Wise UA Flyertalkers,

How Much Longer (HML) ?

I think it's one of the better perks of *G and definitely hope it wouldn't go away. I hit those ones in IAD (or used to) pretty often and the access includes someone traveling with you too. I think the *Alliance Lounge in LAX TBIT is the best one domestically. Showers, huge outdoor patio, and usually about a 15 min walk to T7 where UA flies. I get dropped off there from the shuttle bus so it's only a one way walk to T7. The MLL in T6 isn't too bad either, if you're tight on time.

Note those two mentioned above in LAX I believe are currently closed, but worth checking out when they do reopen.

There's a separate thread out there, I believe "Accessing *Lounges in LAX" where someone uploaded a spreadsheet covering all of the lounges domestically. I know there's one in Boston and ORD, but both are difficult to get to if flying UA.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by tstauck; Nov 9, 2020 at 3:10 pm Reason: Added reference to spreadsheet
Old Nov 9, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Artpen100
Pre-Covid, flying UA from IAD I would normally use *G to access the LH Sen lounge in B if I had time to do so. Occasionally, I might go to TK for food variety. I would only go to the UA lounge if time was really tight.

Post-Covid, I stay in C/D unless I have a lot of time. (And just go to the one open C UA lounge because I have a membership.) If I have lots of time, I will go to A/B and if I were *G would only go to TK (and skip LH - too bare bones). But if you have PP, I would skip both LH and TK and go to AF.
Hi Artpen100, Thanks for the reply and insight ! Sorry I am a novice in the Flyertalk Community. PP = ? (Priority Pass). I think I had Priority Pass thru Amex Platinum but I'm not sure if it is active. (How does one check if their PP Membership is Active ?) If I have Priority Pass, and I am flying solely Domestic only on United, can I drop into the Air France Lounge in Terminal B ? Your keen insights are appreciated.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by tstauck
I think it's one of the better perks of *G and definitely hope it wouldn't go away. I hit those ones in IAD (or used to) pretty often and the access includes someone traveling with you too. I think the *Alliance Lounge in LAX TBIT is the best one domestically. Showers, huge outdoor patio, and usually about a 15 min walk to T7 where UA flies. I get dropped off there from the shuttle bus so it's only a one way walk to T7. The MLL in T6 isn't too bad either, if you're tight on time.

Note those two mentioned above in LAX I believe are currently closed, but worth checking out when they do reopen.

There's a separate thread out there, I believe "Accessing *Lounges in LAX" where someone uploaded a spreadsheet covering all of the lounges domestically. I know there's one in Boston and ORD, but both are difficult to get to if flying UA.
There is a SWISS and a Scandinavian lounge in the center of T5 in ORD, and to your point, they are difficult to get to from T1/T2. I don’t think their offerings are even a half notch up from the United Clubs in T1/T2, and the SWISS lounge is tiny and cramped. Hours are very limited too if even open during Covid.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Hi Artpen100, Thanks for the reply and insight ! Sorry I am a novice in the Flyertalk Community. PP = ? (Priority Pass). I think I had Priority Pass thru Amex Platinum but I'm not sure if it is active. (How does one check if their PP Membership is Active ?) If I have Priority Pass, and I am flying solely Domestic only on United, can I drop into the Air France Lounge in Terminal B ? Your keen insights are appreciated.
It is in A, and you can. I have done it. Pre-COVID, for Priority Pass it was time limited because of crowding. Not now.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 5:31 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
There is a SWISS and a Scandinavian lounge in the center of T5 in ORD, and to your point, they are difficult to get to from T1/T2. I don’t think their offerings are even a half notch up from the United Clubs in T1/T2, and the SWISS lounge is tiny and cramped. Hours are very limited too if even open during Covid.
The Scandinavian lounge at ORD is closed.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I am reminded of an article I recently read when getting the Club Infinite Card.

"While entrance to United Clubs requires international travel, you can gain access to Star Alliance lounges on any flight operated by a member airline, including domestic, United-operated itineraries. And fortunately, there are over a dozen such lounges across the US."

The Lounges You Didn’t Know You Could Use on Domestic Flights
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/star-...nited-flights/
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I will be traveling with my wife and two kids, both under 21. Since we are *G and/or UA Club member, can we all access LH/TK lounges at IAD or *A lounge at LAX? Or am I still limited to 1 guest regardless of age? Wife and I are both 1K, she is matched by my lifetime status, so can we each guest in 1 kid? Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
I will be traveling with my wife and two kids, both under 21. Since we are *G and/or UA Club member, can we all access LH/TK lounges at IAD or *A lounge at LAX? Or am I still limited to 1 guest regardless of age? Wife and I are both 1K, she is matched by my lifetime status, so can we each guest in 1 kid? Thanks!
Yes, *G can bring in one guest. So each of you having 1K status lets each of you bring in one guest. BTW, age of the guest doesn't matter. You can only bring in one.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.