Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

App display of early cleared upgrades changed? Waitlists on gate monitors going away?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

App display of early cleared upgrades changed? Waitlists on gate monitors going away?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Upgrade list transparency gone?

So I just noticed this very recently when looking at my flights. My upgrade for Monday's flight cleared at T-96 hours. Typically, I would see any people that cleared either CPU or instrument-supported upgrade within certain timeframe(T-120?) on the Upgrade page. However, I noticed that my name did not appear on the upgrade page at all for two of the flights where my CPU cleared more than 24 hrs in advance. Is this something new and a change I am supposed to like?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 26, 2018 at 2:36 pm Reason: merged into exisiting thread
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Possibly. It may be an effort to limit transparency, and it may be a temporary technical problem.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 26, 2018 at 2:36 pm Reason: clean up after thread merger; thanks for the link
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by compwhiz
So I just noticed this very recently when looking at my flights. My upgrade for Monday's flight cleared at T-96 hours. Typically, I would see any people that cleared either CPU or instrument-supported upgrade within certain timeframe(T-120?) on the Upgrade page. However, I noticed that my name did not appear on the upgrade page at all for two of the flights where my CPU cleared more than 24 hrs in advance. Is this something new and a change I am supposed to like?
Yes, this is a recent change. Any upgrades beyond t-24 will not appear on the UG list. I don't know why the change, but I suspect that this happened along with the other efforts to clean up the GIDS pages.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Change in Upgrade List

Sometime in the last two weeks - I’ve noticed that the upgrade lists on the APP are no longer showing cleared passengers. For example my upgrade cleared 2 days ago for RDU to EWR tomorrow. I just checked in and checked the upgrade list. My name doesn’t show up (with the check next to it) as it used to.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 1, 2018 at 1:01 pm Reason: merged into existing thread
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SAN 1K
Sometime in the last two weeks - I’ve noticed that the upgrade lists on the APP are no longer showing cleared passengers. For example my upgrade cleared 2 days ago for RDU to EWR tomorrow. I just checked in and checked the upgrade list. My name doesn’t show up (with the check next to it) as it used to.
You are not the first one to have observed this. There's a whole thread about it. I have to go look for that thread but I'm sure someone else will recall the name of it and be faster posting it here. Or the moderator will merge your post to that thread.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Sometime in the last two weeks...
More like sometime in the last four weeks. Doesn’t help w/ transparency and/or calculations.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
You are not the first one to have observed this. There's a whole thread about it. I have to go look for that thread but I'm sure someone else will recall the name of it and be faster posting it here. Or the moderator will merge your post to that thread.
must not be this thread (into which my post was merged) as the title of this thread is specifically about gate monitors not the APP. Unless perhaps the thread title needs to be edited to be more broad.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

must not be this thread (into which my post was merged) as the title of this thread is specifically about gate monitors not the APP. Unless perhaps the thread title needs to be edited to be more broad.
The problem you saw started about a month ago. Maybe the thread title should have been changed but there are posts in this thread indicating that other FTers experienced the same thing on the United website or the United App. Just read the whole thread and you will see that this thread is relevant to your problem.

Although, since you were upgraded, maybe I should not refer to it as a problem.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Jul 1, 2018 at 7:48 pm
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: UA GS
just noticed on my flight out of DEN today that the App does not show the waiting list either any longer. Just the lone person upgraded today. UA definitely doesn’t like transparency
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
just noticed on my flight out of DEN today that the App does not show the waiting list either any longer. Just the lone person upgraded today. UA definitely doesn’t like transparency
It should show the waitlist list /order for those that are checked in? Do you mean the gate monitors aren't showing the waiting list any longer?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
It should show the waitlist list /order for those that are checked in? Do you mean the gate monitors aren't showing the waiting list any longer?
monitors stopped a while ago. Now the App shows “nobody waiting to upgrade” despite me waiting with 4 1K coworkers who aren’t upgraded
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat

monitors stopped a while ago. Now the App shows “nobody waiting to upgrade” despite me waiting with 4 1K coworkers who aren’t upgraded
Interesting...they must be dynamically changing this every week. I had a contrary experience multiple times last week. Are there any J/F seats available? If you go into "Flight Options" and "Upgrade" on the app, are you able to see the waitlist there? As well as how many "passengers waiting to upgrade"? Or has that been taken away as well.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Will standby lists still be on gate monitors?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Interesting...they must be dynamically changing this every week. I had a contrary experience multiple times last week. Are there any J/F seats available? If you go into "Flight Options" and "Upgrade" on the app, are you able to see the waitlist there? As well as how many "passengers waiting to upgrade"? Or has that been taken away as well.
4D is available. And standby screen shows First available. No information on upgrade screen in App
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Must be a bug, because app is showing waitlist for various flights.

The waitlist disappears after the flight closes and at that point only the upgraded folks names are shown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.