Adding a colleague to E+?

Old May 28, 2018, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Adding a colleague to E+?

Every so often, I happen to be on the same flight as colleagues that often do not have status. As a UA Gold - is there a way to extend my E+ benefit to them (either pre-airport or at the gate?) Less concerned about CPUs - really just because as a Gold flying mainly IAD, I'm usually around #20 anyways =p
Old May 28, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Just a call away. You can get an E+ seat right away before the good ones are gone.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adams828
Every so often, I happen to be on the same flight as colleagues that often do not have status. As a UA Gold - is there a way to extend my E+ benefit to them (either pre-airport or at the gate?) Less concerned about CPUs - really just because as a Gold flying mainly IAD, I'm usually around #20 anyways =p
With the colleague's reservation locator, or perhaps just the name, you can call and ask to have the colleague moved next to you. It seems to be a relatively routine thing for agents.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:05 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
...As a UA Gold - is there a way to extend my E+ benefit to them (either pre-airport or at the gate?) ...
Yes, assuming you don't have any other companions, then just call and ask to guest one companion (on the same flights you are on) - best to have their PNR. They do not need to be on the same PNR. Strictly speaking, you are supposed to be in the same cabin and not further up front.

You need to watch the seat assignment from time to time as this is a manual process and if there is an aircraft change, the individual would be swept back into E-, requiring another call.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumje
With the colleague's reservation locator, or perhaps just the name, you can call and ask to have the colleague moved next to you. It seems to be a relatively routine thing for agents.
Well, nobody said anything about wanting them *next* to me.. ha!

Thanks all, appreciate it!
Old May 28, 2018, 3:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Well, nobody said anything about wanting them *next* to me.. ha! ...
That actually was a part of the rule many years ago but long gone.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA MP
Call in and give your colleagues' confirmation number to the phone agent, they should be able to get him/her into a E+ seat so long there are still seats available. If you opt to do it at the airport, just flag down an check in agent to check in together.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.