Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO777
Originally Posted by mr8
How to get the old layout back
  1. Delete the cookie named: newHP
  2. Go directly to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/
  3. Enjoy it while it lasts
United Airlines' Redesigned Homepage Takes Off

Airline unveils new homepage with improved functionality and more personalized experience

CHICAGO, July 12, 2018

Today, United Airlines (UAL) announced the redesigned united.com homepage, featuring a more personalized digital experience for each customer and an updated, more modern, user-friendly design. The new homepage was created to better tailor the experience for customers, while also improving functionality and ease of use.

Some of the key highlights of the new homepage include:
  • A more contemporary, user-friendly design
  • Content personalized based on customer's MileagePlus status as well as upcoming, current and previous trips
  • A new display that is fully responsive for optimal viewing on desktop and mobile devices
  • A travel inspiration integration section that allows customers to explore curated content from different destinations United serves will be available later this year

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "

Personalizing our digital offerings is just another step towards giving our customers the experience and the products that they ask for."United's homepage is the starting point where most of its customers begin their journey. These latest efforts reiterate the airline's dedication to improving the travel experience for its customers, beginning before they book a flight.

The airline first began rolling out the new homepage in April, and continued expanding to more and more users, while adding additional functionality throughout the phased roll out. The site will be live to all customers in early August.

Earlier this year, United updated its mobile website, adding a more optimized display, additional flexibility to adjust flights throughout the site, Japanese language and point of sale and more. The new design of United's homepage will also appear on the airline's mobile website, creating a more seamless experience when managing travel and bookings across a variety of different devices.

Today's announcement is just the latest in United's commitment to invest in all of its platforms to give customers the tools and information they desire to travel with ease.
Another workaround is a non-US site.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/ca/
Print Wikipost

New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Just got reservations being forced to the new site... ow, my eyes. What is with this trend in design to waste more and more space? The old design was delightfully compact.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:26 pm

Same thing for me. I have two reservations with my daughter and she only shows up on one of them.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by findark
Just got reservations being forced to the new site... ow, my eyes. What is with this trend in design to waste more and more space? The old design was delightfully compact.
Absolutely agree. What I used to be able to scan on a single page for the relevant information now requires a lot of scrolling. Ouch!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
The MP Activity Page is even worse.

I don't understand how anyone at UA thinks this is an improvement.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The goal must be to force everyone to use the mobile site.

(I just got the old website! Jackpot!)
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I had my first experience with the new webpage last night and was not impressed. I tried to look at an existing reservation (specifically available seats) and it took an age to load and was not intuitive such that I just gave up.

Horrible experience. I know we do not like change but whoever designed this was not thinking of the customer experience. IMO
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The goal must be to force everyone to use the mobile site.

(I just got the old website! Jackpot!)
What mobile site? United deprecated it a few months ago. mobile.united.com simply points to united.com now.

Maybe you mean mobile app?

-RM
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
What mobile site?
Go to united.com using a mobile device browser and you'll see. It's much better than the desktop version.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1k
this is just part of that design trend of more spacing on websites, i really dislike it. i want to see more content in a go on a screen!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
And it keeps logging me out. It's like they're trying to make this as annoying as possible. Have the Russians hacked united.com?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Go to united.com using a mobile device browser and you'll see. It's much better than the desktop version.
just took a peek on my iPhone and it actually looks pretty good
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

just took a peek on my iPhone and it actually looks pretty good
I get that mobile-first design is a thing, but if I shrink the width of my browser window, the site becomes even more unreadable. So if they're switching based on device....why not give something that works on a PC browser?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Can't access many of the pages now, including the homepage or search for fares. Lovely.

Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Website Is Not Working Fully

When I try to get into my account on Firefox I get the new website. It is awful It takes forever to load. When I do get into it I cannot view "My Trips". It shows there are reservations but will not show the reservations. When I try ti use Chrome the old website comes up. It will not even let me into my account.

I called UNITED web support. They cannot get the new website to show my reservations, but will not admit that the new website does not work completely. Figure that one out. As for the Chrome problem they do not know why I cannot get into my account, but will report it. We all know that means that nothing will happen with that.

IT has not idea of what is the problem, and that is how they leave it with me. Their IT is horrendous, and that is not a new revelation.

Last edited by TonyBurr; Jul 25, 2018 at 8:27 am
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
It does look better on mobile, but it still requires scrolling to see everything, which is a big mobile design no-no. The site is also basically unusable for anyone with low vision. My mother doesn't use mobile sites, as she can't see them, even on a tablet, and now she can't use the desktop site either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.