Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New UA Destinations coming soon Rumors

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: Ex-UA Silver | Global Entry | Ex-HH Gold
SFO to BKK would make my life much easier though I don't think it is going to happen soon with FAA. Generally see SFO via NRT to BKK and would save quite a bit of time.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by williambruno1975

i didn’t know MR can transfer to Blue1 of Finland (IATA=KF). Learn something new on this forum everyday.
oh, come on. KF is obviously KrisFlyer in context.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee

The Premium Fares forum is largely an exercise in frustration if you're west coast based.
Ironic you wrote that just before today's event in that forum.
jsloan and PsiFighter37 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Ironic you wrote that just before today's event in that forum.
I take full credit for the HX fare
jsloan likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
The Premium Fares forum is largely an exercise in frustration if you're west coast based.
Not nearly as frustrating as if you are in Austin, TX.

Regards
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:12 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gregoryad
SFO to BKK would make my life much easier though I don't think it is going to happen soon with FAA. Generally see SFO via NRT to BKK and would save quite a bit of time.
A long, thin nonstop on the right equipment seems far more likely to me than a tag onto the end of NRT or HKG; UA abandoned the latter for a reason.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by exerda
A long, thin nonstop on the right equipment seems far more likely to me than a tag onto the end of NRT or HKG; UA abandoned the latter for a reason.
Can a 788 make that flight thought? 789 is probably too much plane.

Either way, given UA's recent strategy of adding international destinations they already serve (but from different hubs), I think BKK is not in the near future. Perhaps if oil prices continue their current dip...
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Can a 788 make that flight thought? 789 is probably too much plane.
Yes, both have the range. But they could fill a 789. The question is at what fares. An endless debate I have no interest in joining . . .
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
AA is starting flights to DBV...would be great if EWR-DBV got added at some point in the future!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
AA is starting flights to DBV...would be great if EWR-DBV got added at some point in the future!
It would be awesome if UA responded with ORD-DBV or ORD-Zag and take advantage of the star alliance hub. Zabreb has a pretty nice, remodeled airport now that I'de actually connect in.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
My PM has already placed a bet that this route will disappear. She's Croatian and travels 4-5 times a year back. She says PHL (the east coast in general) is so prone to weather delays that she'd rather connect in Europe if she's departing from the west coast. She also says that she doesn't believe there is enough travel to/from the US to support this route, even including tourists. But these are just her guesses! Obviously (hopefully?) AA saw something in this route.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by steveo
It would be awesome if UA responded with ORD-DBV or ORD-Zag and take advantage of the star alliance hub. Zabreb has a pretty nice, remodeled airport now that I'de actually connect in.
And of course if it were to come to pass, it would be ex EWR @:-)

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
My PM has already placed a bet that this route will disappear. She's Croatian and travels 4-5 times a year back. She says PHL (the east coast in general) is so prone to weather delays that she'd rather connect in Europe if she's departing from the west coast. She also says that she doesn't believe there is enough travel to/from the US to support this route, even including tourists. But these are just her guesses! Obviously (hopefully?) AA saw something in this route.
Just don't see that much demand to former Yugoslavia. Not as well known as Prague or Budapest. Kind of like flying to Bratislava ...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Agree. I don't see this American route working out. It's a pretty place but AA will have to market this up to make it work, and that likely still won't be enough IMO. I don't see this lasting more than one summer.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:45 pm

The DBV flight is connecting to the exploding Med cruise market. Also why BCN and VCE can sustain the massive increase in summer demand. I would also surmise the traditional IST/Turkey travel is shifting further West toward places like DBV/SPU to avoid Turkey.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by airzim
The DBV flight is connecting to the exploding Med cruise market. Also why BCN and VCE can sustain the massive increase in summer demand. I would also surmise the traditional IST/Turkey travel is shifting further West toward places like DBV/SPU to avoid Turkey.
OK, that makes sense. Not being slightly interested in cruises, didn't think of that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.