Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyHighInTheSky
Global Services Qualifying Discussion- 2018
Qualification Form
Please only fill out the above form once you are 100% certain that you have made or not made Global Services for 2018.

Qualification Spreadsheet
This will be a discussion thread, for discussing the needed qualifications and timing of notification.
Use "Global Services 2018 Notifications (ONLY)" to report your actual notification.
For discussion of GS benefits, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions 2017
For 2017 qualifications, see the 2017 thread

To find your PQDs if >than $12K
Go to MileagePlus activity since my last statement and it is in the "Account summary" table at the top of the page.

Note this is not just the UA operated PQDs (which is commonly believed to be what matters for GS) but rather your total PQDs.

Definitions

BIS is actual scheduled flight distance (Great Circle Mileage Distance -- GCM) between airports with 500 mile minimum for elites. This is the standard used for Lifetime miles also. Those flying mostly sub-500 segments sometimes prefer to not use the minimum rule.

The definition for CPM is a bit vaguer, especially since CPM is used in multiple different situations.

Believe for the purpose of this thread, GS qualification, folks are using

PQD CPM = UA PQDs / UA BIS

Note there is no direct evidence UA uses this CPM number for GS Qualification but it is a number FTers like to use.

As for BIS, UA does not report this number your account and it needs to be manually tracked.

One way is to make use that PQMs are based on BIS but there may be a multiplier / bonus for high end fares. If always in 2x PQMs, you could divide by 2 to get BIS.

rwsteelers had a good method for determining UA BIS -- the change in Lifetime Miles from the first of the year.
Print Wikipost

2018 GS Qualifying Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA GS
Here you go guys, the qualification form is ready: https://goo.gl/forms/sdSD3YG9N9Uv8nb62

I will start to put together the output spreadsheet this week.

Sorry for the delay, was on a trip
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by FlyHighInTheSky
Here you go guys, the qualification form is ready: https://goo.gl/forms/sdSD3YG9N9Uv8nb62

i made a mistake when enter my PQM is that something i can correct at my end?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM

Thanks for making this!

Should we enter our data as of when we received our acceptance notification or our year end stats if they are different?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Acastus
Thanks for making this!

Should we enter our data as of when we received our acceptance notification or our year end stats if they are different?
I would think year end would be better, so to include January requals and newbies
NH_Clark likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Has anyone who was not GS in 2017 received an email or seen their mystatus update? I've noticed that most people receiving notices are renewing/re-qualifying.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by AugustusM
Maybe add 'were you GS last year?' since it appeared some posters thought responders might have been confused about the 'requal' column on the 2017 sheet.
Yep some of my family who typically don't come on FT and are GS were confused.

Also I've never had my PQD match my UA PQD; we all have different flight habits, however I find it difficult to believe so many peoples from last years matched. There were so many that when I did an evaluation of the data last year I didn't use anybody's whose matched. If you don't know how to calculate your UA PQD, my suggestion is to leave the column blank.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by ermintrude

Also I've never had my PQD match my UA PQD; we all have different flight habits, however I find it difficult to believe so many peoples from last years matched. There were so many that when I did an evaluation of the data last year I didn't use anybody's whose matched. If you don't know how to calculate your UA PQD, my suggestion is to leave the column blank.
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if a good amount of people only flew UA metal.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ermintrude

When I broke the previous year spread sheet down into EWR only qualifiers it seemed like there were more than I expected under $40,000 so I think some may not have actually qualified.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Global Services, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum, National VIP Status
Noticiation Periods - Requals and New

Just spoke with 1k MileagePlus Desk - A very helpful and informative agent explained that Re-qualification decisions and notifications are going out between about Dec 5 through Dec 22. Starting Dec 22, and ending January 12, new GS invitees will be notified.
FlyingRobot and happytobeme like this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Here is the qualification form: https://goo.gl/forms/sdSD3YG9N9Uv8nb62

Please only fill out the above form once you are 100% certain that you have made or not made Global Services for 2018.

Sorry for the big delay getting this done guys, I had some unusual travel the past few weeks.

Let me know if you see any changes that need to happen.
I'm curious about the "did not qualifies." One, for example, has UAL PQD of $81,946. Did you guys actually get a "no" or were you just not given a yes in the initial round?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by SFFLYR1940
Just spoke with 1k MileagePlus Desk - A very helpful and informative agent explained that Re-qualification decisions and notifications are going out between about Dec 5 through Dec 22. Starting Dec 22, and ending January 12, new GS invitees will be notified.
Thank you! This is very helpful. I was wondering about new invitees since all the posts seem to have for re-quals
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:19 pm

Does that mean if we are GS this year and don't get notified by 12/22 that we didn't make it?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyerbaby19
Does that mean if we are GS this year and don't get notified by 12/22 that we didn't make it?
Probably, but (since it’s a manual process) not definitely
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: United 1K
Travel is done for the year (it really died down Q4) and I ended up with $39,516 in PQD all in full-fare international J. Let's see if I requalify!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by dangerhsun
Wow! Just checked and I made it again with a super low spend.

PQM: 122,260
PQS: 33
PQD: $39,516
Where are you based out of? What was last year's qualifying spend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.