Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyHighInTheSky
Global Services Qualifying Discussion- 2018
Qualification Form
Please only fill out the above form once you are 100% certain that you have made or not made Global Services for 2018.

Qualification Spreadsheet
This will be a discussion thread, for discussing the needed qualifications and timing of notification.
Use "Global Services 2018 Notifications (ONLY)" to report your actual notification.
For discussion of GS benefits, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions 2017
For 2017 qualifications, see the 2017 thread

To find your PQDs if >than $12K
Go to MileagePlus activity since my last statement and it is in the "Account summary" table at the top of the page.

Note this is not just the UA operated PQDs (which is commonly believed to be what matters for GS) but rather your total PQDs.

Definitions

BIS is actual scheduled flight distance (Great Circle Mileage Distance -- GCM) between airports with 500 mile minimum for elites. This is the standard used for Lifetime miles also. Those flying mostly sub-500 segments sometimes prefer to not use the minimum rule.

The definition for CPM is a bit vaguer, especially since CPM is used in multiple different situations.

Believe for the purpose of this thread, GS qualification, folks are using

PQD CPM = UA PQDs / UA BIS

Note there is no direct evidence UA uses this CPM number for GS Qualification but it is a number FTers like to use.

As for BIS, UA does not report this number your account and it needs to be manually tracked.

One way is to make use that PQMs are based on BIS but there may be a multiplier / bonus for high end fares. If always in 2x PQMs, you could divide by 2 to get BIS.

rwsteelers had a good method for determining UA BIS -- the change in Lifetime Miles from the first of the year.
Print Wikipost

2018 GS Qualifying Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I have a six-figure PQD but no coffee for me!
so close to the 4mio Nirvana
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I have a six-figure PQD but no coffee for me!
Same. Just shy of $100k PQD and no coffee for me. PQDs this year is higher than last when I received 2 bottles of wine at the holidays.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:12 am

A few more data points in the for what its worth category. $142K last year and was advised in mid January. $130K YTD and will end up at $145K ish. All UA. No wine, no coffee.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
More data points,15 year UA flyer , 1 year 1k ,14 year GS lowest UA metal spend $53K, highest $132k typical range past 5 years $63 - $80k (data from credit card) Was deferred until Jan on the 53k, non hub flyer(in the USA)
Never had any gifts, averaging one free long haul premium class upgrade per MM
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I'm over 60K and didn't receive the coffee. I'm guessing that this is a marketing campaign to try and get certain people to spend a little more money at the end of the year. If it is some kind of Thank You, it is horribly inconsistent.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by AugustusM
Just finished booking nearly the rest of the year's travel, I have two more weeks in Dec I need to do, and I will finish up, once those two weeks are booked, with roughly 275PQM, 170PQS and $48-49,000PQD, 135BIS, .35CPM all on United and all in first with a few exceptions where it was not available. How do you think my chances are coming out of EWR? I reviewed the spread sheet and there are qualifiers with lower spend, miles and segments but also non-qualifiers with more of one of those categories.
With that many segments, I hope you get it - you spent a lot and earned it the brutal way!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
I'm at $65k PQD, 237 PQM, 47 PQS...8 round trip international business/first flights on UA metal (+ 1 of LH).

Coffee yes, GS invite no (not yet). Not sure what else I can do, I also fly my team UA and made two new 1Ks.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by melaflyer
With that many segments, I hope you get it - you spent a lot and earned it the brutal way!
It actually worked out to 187PQS and 126 total flights.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:37 am

YTD
PQM 655,174
PQS 573
PQD $154,590, expect to end the year at PQD $168k with the final trip being to HNL for our tradition family vacation! btw no coffee for me either

Last edited by GSunitedloyal; Nov 25, 2017 at 8:01 am
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:54 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tom Baiga
...I also fly my team UA and made two new 1Ks.
I wish this mattered (at the small business level). I probably direct an additional ~$30K of spend annually for two colleagues that travel with me.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Tom Baiga
I'm at $65k PQD, 237 PQM, 47 PQS...8 round trip international business/first flights on UA metal (+ 1 of LH).

Coffee yes, GS invite no (not yet). Not sure what else I can do, I also fly my team UA and made two new 1Ks.
At least you got into Club Illy if GS doesn't work out
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
More data points,15 year UA flyer , 1 year 1k ,14 year GS lowest UA metal spend $53K, highest $132k typical range past 5 years $63 - $80k (data from credit card) Was deferred until Jan on the 53k, non hub flyer(in the USA).....
If you are going from CC data, $53K could equate to a lot less than $50K actual PQD. If I deduct the change fees, upgrade fees, taxes, and segments on other airlines, my actual United PQD would be at least 10% less than my United CC charges.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: UA GS; SPG Plat
I'll end the year at about $52.5k UA metal, most spend int'l full-fare business with some P domestic. If I requal, it'll be my 3rd year.

First was $98k UA-metal (got the bottle of wine), requal'd with $45k in year 2.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I’m only 1K but ORD GS met me with the Mercedes for a tight connection today. Hopefully a positive sign (but probably not) 🤞🏾
Old Nov 25, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Has anyone ever made GS being based in India and not corporate-related flying where GS status is nominated through the company?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.