FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Archive thread What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Thanks, United forum Moderators.

Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 6:10 am

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
Would love to see UA restore service to several smaller Canadian cities that plugged into key United hubs:
  • Victoria YYJ-San Francisco
  • Thunder Bay YQT-Chicago O'Hare
  • Saskatoon YXE-Denver
  • Regina YQR-Denver
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Transpac flights out of hubs other than SFO.

Worst Polaris Lounge and lack of widebody services from East Coast/Mid-west (other than EWR) to SFO make flying out of SFO less desirable.
goodeats21 and Kmxu like this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Just my two cents

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

Worst Polaris Lounge and lack of widebody services from East Coast/Mid-west (other than EWR) to SFO make flying out of SFO less desirable.
United can alleviate this problem slightly by 1) adding more nonstop SFO-east coast cities such as RIC-SFO to make it one connection to Asia, 2) changing the schedule of some SFO-Asia routes such as SFO-PEK, SFO-PVG and SFO-ICN (non summer season). The rest with evening departures from SFO are fine, especially with two flights per day (SIN, TPE and HKG), and SFO-MNL. Perhaps, adding SFO-BKK and SFO-SGN with less than daily frequency will do wonders.

The design of SFO PL is good, with lower level as resting areas. United needs to expand the dinner room space and adds another buffet area on the upper level.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:11 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by erik123
Unlikely. They used to do EWR-EZE-MVD. The last leg being very short.
PMUA had a LGA-IAD-EZE-MVD flight ... flight numbers were UA846 and UA847, which are now used for IAH-SCL
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Still waiting for UA to resume OAK connections to hubs. I suspect it is cheaper not to open another station when they prefer to direct everyone to SFO. But would also provide a nice alternative when ATC/weather goes haywire (though no doubt delays are preferable to diversions). Would also be nice to see South America nonstops from LAX/SFO rather than forcing connections via IAH or ORD.
I would love to see OAK resume, even if only to DEN. This would match what Delta and American do with flights to their mid-mountain hubs. Delta is also trying to compete in OAK-LAX.

SFO is harder to get to unless you live right there, it is a big, crowded airport, and it cuts flights significantly when the weather gets nasty. In the late 90s I was a 1k and lived in SF proper and basically commuted to LAX. If I walked in to LAX and heard anyone say the words 'flow control' I switched to OAK. If I couldn't get on the OAK flight I would rent a car and drive home. SFO is better now than it was then (it used to literally cut inbound flights in half any time the ceiling was low and flow control put ground holds on all flights under a certain distance) but it is still bad.

I would happily fly OAK-DEN-East Coast over an SFO-East Coast nonstop.
SPN Lifer, Boraxo and zymm like this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by COSBob
COS to IAD bring it back.
If memory serves this flight was on a CRJ-700, always packed, and never cheap. I was dumbfounded when UA dropped it.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
If memory serves this flight was on a CRJ-700, always packed, and never cheap. I was dumbfounded when UA dropped it.
Maybe related to government contracts and routes?
Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
IAD-AVP. I miss the TK and LH lounge experiences getting to/from AVP.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Originally Posted by tods27
Maybe related to government contracts and routes?
Untied finally restored DAY<->DEN in the past couple months, which was axed for COVID, I believe.
I imagine govt traffic helped this one.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764
A few reasonable connect-the-dots longhaul adds I'd like to see for UA:

EWR-GIG/TPE/ICN/WAW*/BUD*
ORD-TLV
IAD-MXP/ATH*
IAH-ZRH/CDG/OGG
SFO-GRU/FCO*

* seasonal

EK is a huge reason why RTW is dead... there is so much capacity/competition over the EU-South/Southeast Asia traffic flow that the 'connector' segment (e.g., LHR-DEL/HKG) would hemorrhage so much cash as to render the rest of the operation grossly unprofitable.

The closest UA can do now is EWR-DEL-SFO-EWR, which, while polar and not a true circumnavigation, is still pretty cool.
I just had to post to second you (three years later) on wanting an IAD -> MXP route.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
I would love to see OAK resume, even if only to DEN. This would match what Delta and American do with flights to their mid-mountain hubs. Delta is also trying to compete in OAK-LAX.
Sadly, AA also pulled out of OAK a few years ago. They were doing OAK-DFW/PHX, with relatively limited frequency.

Would really like to see OAK-DEN return, or even an OAK-LAX, but not holding my breath.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by WrightBro
I just had to post to second you (three years later) on wanting an IAD -> MXP route.
Funny blast from the past... and in just two weeks or so, things would change so dramatically!

Of that list, we saw ORD-TLV and SFO-FCO come into existence, and who in February 2020 ever would have thought UA and EK would start cooperating?
WrightBro likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
EWR/IAD-ELM would help me out
Old Nov 21, 2023, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

Once Russian Airspace reopens, which might not happen this decade, non-TYO flying outside of West Coast hubs should be on the horizon.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA: 1P; Bonvoy: Gold; IHG: Plat; HH: Silver; DL, AA: Gen. Member
I’m surprised they haven’t tried IAH-CTG yet considering the amount of oil and gas in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.