Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by autobahnal
Amen. YES PLEASE!

I know EWR is unreliable for connecting, and *especially* when UA express is involved, but nevertheless I agree it would be really helpful sometimes. It's interesting that UA doesn't even sell tickets from BWI to northeastern locations (the website returns zero results), and so it's IAD/DCA or bust if you're trying to go to upstate NY, BOS, etc. The website will price a multi-city itinerary via ORD, which I've done to get to BUF, but of course it's highly out of the way.
Not to mention more expensive because UA doesn't file fares ex-BWI to the northeast. So it's pricing BWI-ORD-BUF as two one-ways.

-RM
autobahnal likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:09 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by autobahnal
Amen. YES PLEASE!

I know EWR is unreliable for connecting, and *especially* when UA express is involved, but nevertheless I agree it would be really helpful sometimes. It's interesting that UA doesn't even sell tickets from BWI to northeastern locations (the website returns zero results), and so it's IAD/DCA or bust if you're trying to go to upstate NY, BOS, etc. The website will price a multi-city itinerary via ORD, which I've done to get to BUF, but of course it's highly out of the way.
For me, I go to Boston at least once a year to staff an anime convention and UA wants to charge me upwards of $600 for 11-hour routings via ORD, three times the cost of direct flights from IAD. I could hitchhike instead.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:49 am

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
Air Canada squeezes in 298 people into a 789-9, versus 257 people on United's aircraft. On AC, that gives a pitch of 30" in Y and only 30 seats in J, which works for a low-cost leisure destination like BKK.
It would be interesting to know what percentage of passengers on AC65 and 66 are connecting to/from the U.S.
StuMcIlwain and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 11:10 am

EWR or IAD to PRG or BUD or VIE but make it much lower than EWR-DBV
Old Feb 4, 2024, 11:51 am

GVA-ORD

maybe I’m selfish here, but that would make it much easier to get to the Midwest and west coast from GVA…
Boraxo likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 12:16 pm

EWR-TPE (Taipei)

Although it might cannibalize the 2x SFO-TPE too much, unless they downgauge to 787

Last edited by SFO_LOW_CLOUDS; Feb 4, 2024 at 12:29 pm
Old Feb 4, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SFO_LOW_CLOUDS
EWR-TPE (Taipei)

Although it might cannibalize the 2x SFO-TPE too much, unless they downgauge to 787
My personal take, without going into OMNI land too much, is that UA is perhaps worried about antagonizing PRC and endangering all the routes they currently don't fly and would not want to start another route to TPE? Unsure if that calculus figures in at all. EWR-ANC-NRT-TPE clocks in at 8159 miles, so it's well within the range of the 789.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 11:21 pm

Hnl-tyo
hnl-sin/hkg
sfo-dub
sfo-per
sfo-sgn/han
sfo-dps
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by carbonchaser2
sfo-dub
I recall this was actually planned a few years ago, but never started.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
sfo-per
Over 9,150 miles. Don't think that's possible with 789.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Hnl-tyo
hnl-sin/hkg
sfo-dub
sfo-per
sfo-sgn/han
sfo-dps
Always agree with more SFO international flights, though we are bursting at the seams now, so I'm guessing they will prioritize other gateways. SFO-DUB is interesting given the end to the EI connections this fall.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by aresef
I just want one thing from their schedule changes and that's the return of the United Express EWR-BWI route. Dulles is a haul so for the moment I feel like the northeast is a bit cut off for me, at least via UA, not to mention the international destinations served by EWR. (Though those are cases where I can be convinced or can convince someone to get me to IAD.)
Amtrak serves EWR-BWI airport to airport, 7x daily, from $37. Yes it's 2.5 hours, but United blocks EWR-DCA at 1:25 so the train seems like a decent alternative. YMMV.
SPN Lifer and LaserSailor like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:57 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
Always agree with more SFO international flights, though we are bursting at the seams now, so I'm guessing they will prioritize other gateways. SFO-DUB is interesting given the end to the EI connections this fall.
Aren't many if not most of the possible EI connections available as all-UA routings anyway?
Old Feb 7, 2024, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO_LOW_CLOUDS
EWR-TPE (Taipei)

Will this route venture into Russian air space? I know Russian air space is an issue for EWR-HKG. TPE is about 200 miles from HKG.

I also support having EWR (or ORD) to TPE. For many traveling from East Coast up and down from Maine to Florida ( with exception of BOS, IAD, EWR), flying to TPE is a two-stop trip via SFO.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 10:05 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Will this route venture into Russian air space? I know Russian air space is an issue for EWR-HKG. TPE is about 200 miles from HKG.

I also support having EWR (or ORD) to TPE. For many traveling from East Coast up and down from Maine to Florida ( with exception of BOS, IAD, EWR), flying to TPE is a two-stop trip via SFO.
UA is probably content to let BR/EVA handle the ORD-TPE route on their own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.