Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No longer able to book LH Group intra-Europe only flights on UA 016 ticket stock

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No longer able to book LH Group intra-Europe only flights on UA 016 ticket stock

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
LH policy.. don't fault UA
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
LH changed the rules recently and will only allow other partners (non LH-group) to book full fare tickets for solely intra-european itins. More plating restrictions.

Check the fare classes -- they will likely be very different.
I have actually seen this consistently for the past four years or so. I almost always purchase LH plating.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by denuaflier
I have actually seen this consistently for the past four years or so. I almost always purchase LH plating.
It is a very recent change.

Up until about three months ago, you could ticket discount LH fares on UA stock. No longer.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
LH changed the rules recently and will only allow other partners (non LH-group) to book full fare tickets for solely intra-european itins. More plating restrictions.

Check the fare classes -- they will likely be very different.
and this is pretty common these days with international carriers, particularly Asian ones. Among those that require this are SQ, TG (which also prices close to full fare on many routes when using a an ex-US point of sale, even on TG stock), NZ, OZ, etc.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
None of this would matter except for PQD.

UA only one of the three legacies that doesn't give spend credit for tickets on partner stock.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kacee
None of this would matter except for PQD.

UA only one of the three legacies that doesn't give spend credit for tickets on partner stock.
So I can enter my MP # somewhere on the LH site when purchasing the tickets to earn miles? Does it also bring my profile over, or do I have to create a new login and profile with LH?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
So I can enter my MP # somewhere on the LH site when purchasing the tickets to earn miles? Does it also bring my profile over, or do I have to create a new login and profile with LH?
Yes you'll have the option to enter your Mileage Plus number when you purchase the ticket if you want to earn UA flight credit.

The information from your MP profile will not carry over (except that if you have *A status, that will be reflected).
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Has anyone found a new way to book non-K LH fares beyond calling LH and eating a phone booking fee? Anyone know what that fee is?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I didn't realize that the LH call center charged a fee. On my ticket no explicit fee was mentioned (except the OPC).

Booking a non-K fare (if K is available) is very tideous process on the phone. The booking mask for the agents will by default always revert back to the "best price" (hence, K-fare). You must tell the agent again and again to not book K.

I know some B2B booking engines, which allow to name the desired booking class. However, I didn't find a good B2C OTA, which can do that online.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
UA fares on European LH group flights were often cheaper than on lufthansa.com.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by warakorn
UA fares on European LH group flights were often cheaper than on lufthansa.com.
Yes, but the fare class may not be eligible for PQMs
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Yes, but the fare class may not be eligible for PQMs
no, the same fare class was often cheaper on United.com ... too bad it is no longer possible to book LH flights on 016 tickets.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by cfischer
no, the same fare class was often cheaper on United.com ... too bad it is no longer possible to book LH flights on 016 tickets.
I can purchase LH flights on 016 stock. Have been looking for next year and LH flights are an option. I just need to ensure I get the right fare code to ensure I receive the PQMs.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I can purchase LH flights on 016 stock. Have been looking for next year and LH flights are an option. I just need to ensure I get the right fare code to ensure I receive the PQMs.
then you can do something that nobody else can. Congrats! We are talking about intra-EU flights in non-flex (No Y, J) booking classes.
If you found a way that nobody else on this board knows about ... please share!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
then you can do something that nobody else can. Congrats! We are talking about intra-EU flights in non-flex (No Y, J) booking classes.
If you found a way that nobody else on this board knows about ... please share!
I think OP may have misunderstood the thread topic.

I just need to ensure I get the right fare code to ensure I receive the PQMs.
The only revenue fare class on an LH operated flight that does not accrue in MP is K. Which is not at all relevant to this thread, since you can't buy a K fare for an LH operated intra-Europe flight on UA stock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.