Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No longer able to book LH Group intra-Europe only flights on UA 016 ticket stock

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No longer able to book LH Group intra-Europe only flights on UA 016 ticket stock

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2023, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by sobore
How are people booking intra-Europe Star Alliance flights? I never tried before and assumed that one could on United.com, but no results are returned. (Example: AMS-CDG)
There are no nonstop *A flights between AMS and CDG, and it would take hours longer to be on *A. Would advise just to get a cheap AF and KL flight, or take the train.

Personally, I usually travel by trains in Europe, or travel by air based on convenience, so no connections, backtracks just to earn some status points.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jsloan
United.com stopped allowing people to book flights like that a couple of years ago.
Actually LH stopped it when they imposed plating restrictions on those fares.
uanj and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Actually LH stopped it when they imposed plating restrictions on those fares.
Interesting. I hadn’t realized they’d done that.

I was going to say, “it isn’t just Europe,” but then I looked at a couple of other carriers you used to be able to find on United.com (e.g., TG) and saw newly-added plating restrictions as well. So I guess it’s a fad, for whatever reason.
sobore and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 9:58 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Note the LH plating restrictions only applies to cash flights, not award flights.
jsloan, sobore and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.