Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at SFO [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2023, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA @ SFO uses Terminals D, E, F, G, all UA gates are connected airside

UA terminal map & SFO terminal map

United clubs locations:
E gates -- near E3
F gates -- in the F rotunda
G gates -- near G9 (former Global First Lounge)
Mezzanine -- across from E1 (between E & F concourse)

United Polaris Lounge (United/Star Alliance long-haul business class passengers only) - just past Intl G security on the right.

Arrivals -- CLOSED - was near UA Domestic baggage claim (near the Internation Terminal end escalator) on the Arrival level

AMEX Centurion Lounge -- across from Gate F1

Freshen Up! -- is an independent option for Shower facilities, nap rooms, toiletries, ironing facilities and undergarments.

MCT
UA-UA D-D is usually 30 minutes
xx-UA I-D is generally 80-105 minutes (but without Global Entry this is very tight)
UA-XX D-D is ????

Incoming International (except Canadian flights arriving as domestic flights - clearance is done in Canada) - must clear USA immigration and customs even if in-transit to a non-USA destination. Therefore also need to re-clear security if connecting.

Bags can be check at either International Check (G) or Domestic check-in (T3) for either international or domestic flights -- you may get some pushback at International check-in counters checking bags for solely domestic flights (apparently it is a bit more complex to get the bags to the domestic side)

Bag storage Open Everyday 6am – 11 pm
Before security, on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal, near the entrance to Gates G91-G102.

Related threads
Connecting in SFO
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at SFO [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Thanks for all the info! Now just gotta figure out which is the closest UC to International. I've only used two; the one in the 80-9X gate pier, and the now-closed one in International. Never used the 70/71 gate UCs before.
Just adding to the chorus of those that have said "check in wherever you want". I always check in domestic side for international departures. Never have bags to check.

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

rotunda (gates 77-90) UC is closer if you use the bouncy bouncy travellator. Plus a neat UA museum display along the way (with a few tulips!)

if just counting steps and not using travellator they are about a wash in distance I believe.
There is reportedly a "pop-up" UA club near gate 71A. This would be the closest.
But I've recently been in the Rotunda Club and there have been seats; it hasn't been completely overrun. And the museum on the way (currently UA history, but not always UA-related) is quite interesting. Sets a nostalgic tone so you're ready for what you see when you enter the grand old UA club in the Rotunda gates.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
I've recently been in the Rotunda Club and there have been seats; it hasn't been completely overrun.
Yes that's now the UC of choice. It's far enough from G terminal that it doesn't seem to get many international pax, and many of the domestic road warriors have defected to Centurion (or given up on the UA lounges altogether).
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: Yes.
Just got notified that our SAN-SFO-MSO connection got reduced from 1:44 to 41 mins. It's the first flight of day out of SAN. We will be checking luggage, corralling 2 young kids, and my wife will be 7 months pregnant . Is this grounds to ask United to accomodate us on a different routing?

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:32 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by econjon
Just got notified that our SAN-SFO-MSO connection got reduced from 1:44 to 41 mins. It's the first flight of day out of SAN. We will be checking luggage, corralling 2 young kids, and my wife will be 7 months pregnant . Is this grounds to ask United to accomodate us on a different routing?

Thanks
Oh gosh, I've been accommodated for less as a 1K. Depends on status maybe too??
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found

Thanks
Yes. It's still legal (MCT at SFO for UA D/D is 0h30), but it's UA policy these days that a schedule change of more than 30 minutes qualifies for positive space rerouting (and 2h for a refund).
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Yes. It's still legal (MCT at SFO for UA D/D is 0h30), but it's UA policy these days that a schedule change of more than 30 minutes qualifies for positive space rerouting (and 2h for a refund).
We don't have status on UA. What does positive space rerouting mean? We bought regular economy tickets (k) if that makes a difference.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We don't have status on UA. What does positive space rerouting mean? We bought regular economy tickets (k) if that makes a difference.
Positive space means "as long as there are seats available, you can have them." (As opposed to, "as long as there are seats available in the fare class you purchased, you can have them," which can be much more restrictive).

If you had purchased Basic Economy, I don't know if UA would be accommodating. With a regular economy fare, even on a deep discount K ticket, this should be easy. Just figure out which UA flights will work for you, make sure they have at least four seats available, and call.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:02 pm

Thank you jsloan!!! It worked. Rebooked through DEN
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
SFO Intl terminal question

My flight from PHX - SFO says arriving intl. Does that connect to the domestic Terminals without going through security again?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 25, 2018 at 9:02 pm Reason: Merged in exisiting thread
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhunt
img
My flight from PHX - SFO says arriving intl. Does that connect to the domestic Terminals without going through security again?
Yes
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
It does, there's an airside connection from Intl Pier G to UA in T3.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 25, 2018 at 9:04 pm Reason: removed unneeded image reposting to improve readability
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
thanks
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe Mexico just built their wall north of PHX

Kind of strange it does not say which gate but probably will get updated as time gets closer.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My flight from PHX - SFO says arriving intl.
They do this sometimes. It's a total pita if you've checked a bag and SFO is your final destination. Especially if you're either parked in G Terminal garage or taking Bart.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
So what is MCT UA-UA D-I?
45 mins?

I am booked with 53 minutes in late June....seems awfully short.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.